Cataclysm DDA Version 0.3

Windows Download
Source is available at www.github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA as always.

Changes
There’s a changelog now. Which has the bulk of the changes in it.

Summary:
Tons of bugfixes, going down stairs, walking around, breathing, should hopefully no longer cause crashes.
A bunch of survivalcrafts, you can be more or less self sufficient in the wilderness now (The system is still somewhat WIP, and will be balanced in future.
A few new monsters to discover and get killed by.

Note:
Don’t use character templates from older versions of the game. They break things.

Downloading. Except unforseen bugs and crashes.

[spoiler]Love the new menu, the new option and stuff. Going to play a new save with classic zambies and static spawn off and also trying to survive in the wilderness. Keep it up, devs and modders.
I see new ilumination system. I am right? Cool
Now we start with pocket knives and cheap lighters? The game’s easier now for pyros :3
Animations? At least when I hit zambies a red filter appears over them :3
So this is a smoker? Badum-tss
New Killcounter. Awesum

I am liking the looks of the new opening screen but one small complaint:
The way the name is done is nearly unreadable for me.

I like the new update but just one problem, I can’t seem to find a way to turn static spawning off. I like the introduction of Smokers and fresh zombies. But I hate not having the 1 hour and 30 minutes to prepare.

Nice to see shelters and other extra survival stuff made it into this release.

Has the spawning chance of smokers increased? It seems I’m finding them more often than before. They are definitely the most annoying zombies so far. I’ve been killed by them, directly or indirectly (damn the smoke mechanics), more often than by anything else.

@dinokila7: you can turn it off in the options, then reset your world or delete your saves folder.

Wow! good work team! Love my ascii games and only just discovered this one a few days ago - and have been playing it non stop since. No idea how it went under my radar for so long. Damn my cheap radar!

Great depth and great development! I don’t suppose there’s a mac build coming out for this release? I’m one of those 3 or 4 mac users :slight_smile:

thanks again for not letting this great game go idle!

I guess temperature was turned back on?

Made a new character (didn’t use an existing template). Started off comfortable, but a little after dark I got cold-- temp of upper 50s, wearing cargo pants, fur hat, t-shirt, sneakers and winter boots. My midnight I was very cold. By 1 AM I had lost feeling in all my limbs while the temperature was 53 F. Should this be happening?

It sounds pretty unlikely. Did you create a new world, as well? (Though I can’t imagine the game would be working at all if you didn’t…)

Oh man the menus look amazing! Love the makeshift shelter and all the tools, kudos to all the coders and others
that have helped make this amazing game.

I deleted the game folder before installing, and hit the ‘reset’ button before making the new character. Is that sufficient?

Having the same issue with the Static spawn; it seems to stick no matter what I try to do. (Reset, manual delete, quit through menu, using random characters, etc.)

And yes, I’ve turned the Static Spawn option to “False”.

Please tell me you did not take out Debug mode? Say it isn’t SO! I was building awesome death mobiles before, please, Wolf, tell me that you’ve merely changed the debug key. It’s no longer Z.

All you need to do is rebind it in key commands :stuck_out_tongue: You can rebind the cheaty view your own scent without a bionic command too.

Flunky. If you’re having problems with the cold like i was then a brazer is easy to make and lets you burn the useless crap around your shelter (like smashed benches) without unleashing hell on earth… again. With a small fire going inside it becomes quite toasty and actually lets me sleep through the night. Sweet dreams, just don’t let the bed bugs bite. Seriously, they’re twenty pound eating machines. Don’t do it.

Also how bad are NPCs in this version? I just debug mine away at the start. Are they still crash magnets or am I imploding their heads for no reason?

Very nice version update, especially liking the new survivalcrafting. It makes it much easier to live of the land. Now thread/string is much more important than it used to be.

[quote=“Flunky, post:7, topic:545”]I guess temperature was turned back on?

Made a new character (didn’t use an existing template). Started off comfortable, but a little after dark I got cold-- temp of upper 50s, wearing cargo pants, fur hat, t-shirt, sneakers and winter boots. My midnight I was very cold. By 1 AM I had lost feeling in all my limbs while the temperature was 53 F. Should this be happening?[/quote]

50F in just a tshirt is still pretty cold. You still shouldn’t have hit “very cold”, unless you were getting pretty tired. While naked, you would only get very cold at 33.8F.

Another point, if you slept on the bare ground in just a t shirt in 50F weather, you probably got very cold. With all these conditions piled on, it is possible to the get frostbite in above freezing temperatures… so I should probably look into that.

My suggestion : a brazier would help, and so would building up your tailoring skill to make a hoodie+trenchcoat combo. Also, in the @ menu, in the encumbrance square, in ()s is your warmth value for each body part.

You can craft that already in 0.3.

Got a… lets call it a problem? How do I pour stuff to the ground? I managed to pour water and stuff by pressing the key of something I didnt had assigned (N for example) but now that Im full of stuff…

(U)nload the container. Unlike in 0.2 it’ll now ask you to choose a container to transfer the liquid first. (ESC)ape that screen and you’ll get the prompt that asks you if you want to pour it to the ground.

Devs, you are fucking amazing. Thank you. :smiley: Huzzah, home in time for christmas, tea and crumpets and all that.

I’ll be running a few games in a while, check everything out. Have special spawns been turned down a notch in this release? (I’m fine with stuff like boomers and fast zeds at the start, but walking into a hulk is a pretty bad day for static spawn.)
At the moment I’ve been sidetracked by another excursion into the chernobyl NPP in STALKER SoC-- and also a foray into Scarlet blade. It’s a F2P MMORPG and has plenty of boobs. I’m not kidding if you like boobs check it out.