Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

And we’re off!

Discuss anything Kickstarter related here in this thread.

Who is doing the doing the art/comics ?
They are hilarious ! The whole kickstarter page looks real fancy, too.
Nice Work :slight_smile:

That’s Pthalocy! You can see some of his other stuff over in the Draw Your Cataclysms thread.

I really hope the DIY Survival Kit isn’t taken before my payday /: haha.

But other than that, it looks great! Good job, guys.

First day and already 900 dollars. Ill be watching this kickstarter. Sadly I cannot donate. Im so, so sorry

Eh, If I could donate, I really would. So sorry for my lack of money, but this looks very promising. Good luck and let’s hope this will get on the most funded section of Kickstarter, heh.

if you can’t donate don’t be sorry there other ways to help the game improve, promote the game to friends or through publicity (Art for example), share your thoughts and ideas in the forums, give detailed reports about bugs as long as it isn’t a duplicate, learn coding and do easy fixes by using github.com (If your coding level is advance then start working on issues submitted in github like performance/crash issues)

This, totally.

Also if you can’t back it due to payment processing issues, we should be setting up alternate means of accepting payment, which we would count toward stretch goals etc (I’m not sure about handling rewards via that, have to discuss that with GlyphGryph)

Long time lurker here, just wanted to wish the Kickstarter good luck, you have my support.

I shall be in the game.

If you see random guys donating small ammounts, that was me.
I like your names, my name is irrelevant and - thank you for choosing a small mainstream for improving the game for all of us. I think of y’alls whenever I install a game on a computer.

Hmm. What’s included in building/NPC designs? The descriptions are a bit vague: could I specify something nifty (rapier/Robots Fun&Profit/Mutagen stockpile?) inside the house/building, or does it only let me specify that the bed goes here and not there?

will be funding soon bought tons of ps3 games for 50 bucks i think this game at least deserves that

Whats this about Auckland, NZ at the top right? Are you guys actually here in New Zealand??? In Auckland?
My mate showed me and we are very curious…
What does that mean?
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2F568375735%2Fcataclysm-dark-days-ahead-dedicated-developer%3Fref%3Dcity&h=iAQE1mc7W

I havn’t got any money and am not allowed to spend it online anyway, otherwise I would gladly donate. : ) But I will get as many people as I can to hear about this one and hopefully support this.

-has 50 dollars to donate
-Kickstarter has rewards for 40$ and 60$
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But really, I think i will gladly donate, but, what happens with the money if the funding is unsucsessful? I don’t want to donate 50$ to the guys over at kickstarter, i want Catalcysm: DDA to become more freaking amazing. Also, i love how Aavak did the video of the game footage. That was pretty nice. Best of luck to all you kickstarter-ers?

@aggron I think you’re able to change the amount of money to 50$ and get the 40$ Reward for it.
And if im not going complete retard here, the way kickstarter works is, that it only takes your money if the goal is reached.

[quote=“Aggrons_shell, post:15, topic:1854”]-has 50 dollars to donate
-Kickstarter has rewards for 40$ and 60$

But really, I think i will gladly donate, but, what happens with the money if the funding is unsucsessful? I don’t want to donate 50$ to the guys over at kickstarter, i want Catalcysm: DDA to become more freaking amazing. Also, i love how Aavak did the video of the game footage. That was pretty nice. Best of luck to all you kickstarter-ers?[/quote]
As Scheuche mentioned, you have an opportunity to change the amount that you donate if you want to donate more then your specific tier when you select the tier.

And if not enough money is raised then the charge never actually goes through. Your 50 dollars would end up remaining yours, completely unharmed.

I have already spent over fifty solid hours playing Cataclysm, sometimes to the exclusion of sleep. At this point, I figure dropping $10 on you guys is the least I could do. Good luck!

I see good results 2nd day and past the quarter mark :slight_smile: if we spread more publicity I figure we could hit the goal at at the 15th-20th day.

Hey I found a little typo in the KS page:

But others don’t - they like pictures, and animations, and things that actually look sort-a kind-a maybe like the objects their supposed to be representing.

*They’re

Good luck! I already told some friends about it!