Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

I present a plastic bottle of congratulations (400) to the developers for the successful kickstarter campaign.
May you all never get chased through a megastore by a zombie hulk.

Congrats on the successful funding.

-snip- got cleared on the matter by reading the kickstarter again

We did it! And not only did we make the deadline, we overshot the goal by a bunch of money!

Take that, hatercat!

Go Team Cataclysm!

Banned Lazycat again, cleaned up his BS, etc.

Thank you once again for being so fast and so awesome!

Banned Lazycat, yet again… removed posts

grats guys. I was skeptical of this at first. I donated $60. Good Luck.

try to get Toady to play… I’d be curious if he liked the game.

Congratulations and stuff, this game deserves it!

My money has failed to send via amazon due to my bank card being too Canadian. I will work out alternative means of getting the cash to the cause.

It’s awesome to see the Kickstarter completed with more than enough money to get things going! It shows that games like these can really entertain and make an impact on people, despite the minimal graphics and such!

Congratulations on the Kickstarter, developers!

Good ole’ fun beats the black’s gray once more!
Bring the ale, hide the horses, tie the women! :stuck_out_tongue:

[tt]What you need to do with trolls and the like is send me to them. I will infect everything they know and everything they know knows.[/tt]

I would save the infection for something more worthwhile.

I shall wait for later this week when a post is made for those who want to contribute post-kickstarter, since that seems to be how I’m going to add to the fun. Besides the comic thing that’s close to done. I gotta do that as soon as I’m not working…

According to the NYT article Toady is highly critical of genetically inferior, non-Dwarf Fortress subraces, but yeah, I’d be interested to know if this meets his onerous standards.

I think they will set up a running donation system after the funding runs out. But if you are still too Canadian then you could probably PM an admin for their address and mail them an envelope of cash.

I think they will set up a running donation system after the funding runs out. But if you are still too Canadian then you could probably PM an admin for their address and mail them an envelope of cash.[/quote]

I raised the latter suggestion more generally. Seemed less-than-optimal. No matter; glad it’s looking well.

I am transferring money via paypal. I understand the complaints against it, but it will still serve the minimum purpose of transferring my promised pledge. I added extra cash to account for what it will attempt to consume for the sake of Doing Business. I am alright with that. I pay taxes all the damn time, see previous nationality issue.

All will work out in the end! I just need to know where to send the money once the transfer it complete (debit transfer is slow)

so when does the developer start?

@youtoo: Pretty much whenever GlyphGryph says it’s time to start working. This will be after all of the KS funds have been processed so that we know exactly how much money there is to be used. Should be within a few days of the 6th of August if all of it comes in within 2 weeks from KS end.

What is GlyphGryph waiting for? What is he have to do with when you are going to start working? Do you need money in advance? Are they not supposed to pay you only when the job is done anyway?