New Website Launched, Kickstarter Announced!

I’m sure you saw it on the way in. Discuss it here, if you wish.

It seems some addresses are redirected to en, if they are previouly www, making me wonder if my bookmarks went wrong. LOL

I could make a Hungarian translation, but I have a feeling I’m the only one, who speaks it and plays the game.

What exactly does the Kickstarter entail? Will we have to pay for the game?

A Kickstarter sounds perfect. I can finally repay the devs for giving me hours of FUN

[quote=“warppooted, post:4, topic:1554”]What exactly does the Kickstarter entail? Will we have to pay for the game?[/quote] I hope we don’t…

Nice!
Although the old URL to the forums really needs a redirect to the new ones.

I would have no problem throwing my money at this game as long as it doesn’t become required .

[quote=“kenoxite, post:7, topic:1554”]Nice!
Although the old URL to the forums really needs a redirect to the new ones.[/quote]
Agreed.

Indeed.

if i had money i would donate but i don’t.

Main thing I’m wondering is… how does Whales feel?

Blue.

No worries on the free front - Cataclysm: Dark Days Head is and will always be a free open source game. We do have a variety of digital and physical rewards planned but the game and source will always be available at no charge and without restriction

That was one thing I worried about with Kevin’s push for CC-BY-SA. I didn’t see a NC in there so wondered if you folks were going to a paid model at some point. Good to know.

(Conversely, JSFox was having a real problem with LCS being NonCommercial, so yeah, there are downsides too.)

All I can say is - WOW!
And now, for a new, red dawn…

The front page says it supports ATOM & RSS, but my reader couldnt find any feeds at http://en.cataclysmdda.com/posts

What URL should I be using?

Also the windows binaries links are broken

It seems weird to me that a branch of an open-source game would need a kick-starter to begin with. Donations are one thing…but in the end someone is going to profit off of it. Is any of this money going to repay Whales for even giving birth to the game that you are going to be collecting money for? I know it’s already a heavy heavy modification, but in the end, it’s still his brainchild and such. Not bitching or anything, just my 2 cents. I’ll go back to lurking now.

Maybe slap a link (and timer?) to the nightly builds on the side bar as well?