Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

Posting to thank Galen and other folks for the hard work, I might not actually do anything on the project any more but it’s still great to see it progressing so nicely.
Great jerb uvrybuddy.

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but coz there’s talk about tilesets I wanted to ask: will the tilesets be PNG files like in Dwarf Fortress where users can readily modify them? I saw a screenshot and it looked very nice but the color of the floor was def something I would want to be able to change.

Yes they’re PNGs, should be very easy to tweak stuff like that.

I cannot commit to creating a tileset, but it’s an idea that I have tucked into the back of my head for future times. On occasion, I find myself in the frame of mind where I want to create something, but a full-fledged drawing is too big of a bite to chew. I am hoping such an instance of patience for many many tiles comes by.[size=7pt] My money’s on a major university project fueling procrastination.
[/size]
Knowing the images will be png’s makes this easier for me.

[quote=“Pthalocy, post:264, topic:1854”]I cannot commit to creating a tileset, but it’s an idea that I have tucked into the back of my head for future times. On occasion, I find myself in the frame of mind where I want to create something, but a full-fledged drawing is too big of a bite to chew. I am hoping such an instance of patience for many many tiles comes by.[size=7pt] My money’s on a major university project fueling procrastination.
[/size]
Knowing the images will be png’s makes this easier for me.[/quote]

im sure a lot of people would love to play with a tileset that you drew

Just watched the video on the main site, Im a little confused about the new in game side features, they seemed more intuitive before. Also what does spawn scale factor do? Is static spawn still a thin, because if not that would suck. Static spawn was basically why I played cataclysm as much as I do.

Increasing the spawn scaling factor actually only applies to static spawn. Basically it just increases the amount of static spawn for any given area by a set factor.

so static zombies times five instead of static times 2 or 10? Cool.

I’m working on a de-make of tiles. It seems working quite well:

But why the current build only seems to use the handful of tiles in tinytile.png?

P.S.
The purpose of this is to have a square ASCII for the map, with size small enough to fit lots of space, while having a nice font instead for the UI.

@HRose: that looks extremely spiffy

So does tiles automatically replace ascii? So is this the end of ascii tiles and stuff? I like ascii, will never exist or will there be a graphics or texture pack option like in minecraft in the options?

We’ve said a million times, ASCII is not going away.
There will still be curses builds, which can’t have tiles.
The SDL builds have an option to toggle back and forth between ASCII and tiles.

The kickstarter looks great man! As soon as i have a few bucks i’ll contrib.

loved the intro video.

[quote=“StoneCacti, post:273, topic:1854”]The kickstarter looks great man! As soon as i have a few bucks i’ll contrib.

loved the intro video.[/quote]

It’s over. That’s why GalenEvil’s working. All the rewards are set. No buying in now. Sorry. :frowning:

[quote=“KA101, post:274, topic:1854”][quote=“StoneCacti, post:273, topic:1854”]The kickstarter looks great man! As soon as i have a few bucks i’ll contrib.

loved the intro video.[/quote]

It’s over. That’s why GalenEvil’s working. All the rewards are set. No buying in now. Sorry. :-([/quote]

Damn… Well it looks like the kickstart went well though.

I’ll just look for other ways to contrib.

Badass game/community here.

[quote=“HRose, post:269, topic:1854”]I’m working on a de-make of tiles. It seems working quite well:

But why the current build only seems to use the handful of tiles in tinytile.png?

P.S.
The purpose of this is to have a square ASCII for the map, with size small enough to fit lots of space, while having a nice font instead for the UI.[/quote]

HRose, can you post this somewhere?

HRose: please do post that up, if you haven’t already. That is quite the sexy tileset :smiley:

Yeah but it was just a test, it misses basically everything.

I’ll download the new version and see if it actually uses the full tile instead of a bunch of “?”. Though it would be much simpler if there was somewhere a way to look up all the ASCII codes + colors used, or otherwise I wouldn’t know how to replace a sprite with the correct ASCII symbol.

(and anyway, everyone could do it, you just need to open whatever tile you use, resize it to what would be 10x10, and then start copying over individual cells.)

What can we expect to see in the next update? How is the JSONification process coming along? When will monsters be editable?

With any luck the mod manager will be done at that point, which should make customization of the game much easier. Monster jsonification is part of said PR, so it will land at the exact same time as the mod manager. The other main goal is to hopefully have a better working NPC system by that point, along with the normal huge amount of improvements/fixes (which includes both a pretty much total rewrite of martial arts and some large rewrites in the infection/bite/recovery diseases along with bleeding, all four of which will be bodypart specific).