Kickstarter Thread - The Kickstarter is being fulfilled

[size=14pt]Note: Please do not reply to spam in this thread. It will be deleted along with any spam present[/size]

@kenoxite: The issue there is that the gfx folder is not being added to the distributables. Should be fixed soon.

Progress! I have made some progress on the world factory. Currently it will load a save from a world folder. Working on getting characters to save back to the world they were loaded from. After that I will be making changes to allow for world generation, and starting new games within generated worlds.

For now, here is a picture of the main menu with a world and character selected :smiley:

Any way to turn the tileset off? I didn’t find that in the options.

That would be a particularly welcomed feature.

It is not a current option, but since it has been brought to my attention I will be working on getting that added today.

Great. I mean, even if the tileset was perfect, beautiful and complete, we still have our fair lot of ASCII-lover here?

Until then, how can we switch from the incomplete tileset to the original ASCII graphics, because the graphic tileset is currently rather ugly with all the missing tiles.

It is the experimental version. These sorts of issues are to be expected.

You can downlooad curses. Its got everything but the graphics

That’s LazyCat being a troll again.

GalenEvil’s code is no worse than utunnel’s (GalenEvil actually re-used large part of Utunnel’s code and improved on it), but the problem is that it’s not plugged into a proper tileset yet. Akak: the game recognize all the tiles it needs, but we still need to make those tiles, and present them in a format the game understand.

[size=14pt]Note: Seriously…Please do not reply to spam in this thread. It will be deleted along with any spam present[/size]

So, with all the crazy stuff flying through Github right now, will 0.8 get released before Dwarf Fortress’s next big blast? It’s coming out Mid-Novemberish. Maaaybeee.

Tileset support is on?! I was in the countryside and missed when it happened, thank you so much guys and Galen :). I will get on with tileset making ASAP.

Just in case you missed it: This seems to be the forum tileset-clearinghouse. There’s a wiki page too.

Yep, I’ve noticed that thread, but I try to make the WHOLE tileset which may take a few days :).

By the way, I can’t seem to find the graphical version myself, do I have to compile it?

@Deon: If you download the experimental SDL build there will be an option in the Options>Interface menu for turning Tiles on and off. You’ll need to restart the application for the change to take effect though.

I’m getting 404 errors when I try to DL from this thread: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=1770.0

Not sure why, can someone provide a different link please?

P.S. Figured it out, they renamed 0.6 to 0.7.1 and the link in the thread was not changed.

http://ci.narc.ro/job/Cataclysm-Win32-SDL/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/cataclysmdda-0.7.1.zip

Also, please disregard the fact it says 0.6-git at the top of the window >.> I flubbed something and it hasn’t been changed back

So, is the current wall-connection style going to remain? Because it’s okay for top-down walls, but it does not allow to use my isometric walls (you cannot specify which corner is which, and which side should the connection point to). I rather liked the old “overlap” mechanics for Gremour’s tileset where you could just specify “east”, “west”, “nsw” etc directions for any tile.

For the moment it’s just top down only since everything rotates so much. I’ll work on adding in support for naming all of the orientations individually so that isometric views become an option again.