iOS Version

what version of the game use?

Hey Cliffs, at your convenience please change the email address on the menu screen to one you receive mail on. It’s near the top of src/main_menu.cpp. I’m not upset or anything, but I occasionally get emails from iOS users that are having problems of one kind or another, and I can’t give them any support since I don’t have your code or an iOS device to test things on.

It is based on the commit https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commits/2fe649e7b6004bc954fa3a16c61b0498f2da267b on Github.

Kevin, I am sorry and apologize about this. I will fix the contact information in the title screen and submit a new version today.
The source code of the iOS version will be available once it get cleaned up. Thanks!

No problem with either issue, I just want your users to be able to get in contact with you.

The IOS version is no longer availalbe in China App Store.
What happened?

I was looking to buy a tablet, and this would be a perfect excuse. Has anyone played this on an iPad Mini 2, and if so, how is it in terms of keyboard/play area display, game performance etc? If I’m buying an iPad then I want one of the smaller ones, but the Mini 4 and the Air ones are a bit more than I’m prepared to pay, so it would be good to know how it is on the Mini 2.

True that, performance info of any of those tablets would be much appreciated. Playing the game on a tablet would be great.

My guess is that all but the original iPads (and probably those too) would run it fine.

I would have thought that the size of the iPad would affect how you played though, what with the Air being bigger than the Mini and by the looks of it not being holdable with one hand. Combine that with the two control schemes (keyboard being suited to one hand, dynamic controls being suited to two hands) and I imagine the game could play quite differently. Therefore it seems like the one-handed Mini would be better suited to the one-handed keyboard controls, and the two-handed Air would be better suited to the two-handed dynamic controls. I wonder if it’s possible to download the game in an Apple Store and see how it plays…

Will the ability to move the d-pad be in the next update?

Also to the person that asked, yes it’s plays great on Mini 2. Doesn’t tax the CPU and controls are good.

[quote=“syd430, post:70, topic:10551”]Will the ability to move the d-pad be in the next update?

Also to the person that asked, yes it’s plays great on Mini 2. Doesn’t tax the CPU and controls are good.[/quote]

Good to know. So it sounds like you play it two-handed in landscape mode with the d-pad and buttons rather than with the on-screen keyboard?

Hello there, the latest version( 1.12.2 ) now supports iOS 7. And the issue Kevin addressed is fix, too.

It is part of the UI refinement plan. I will add a feature to let player define their favorite hotkeys first. And see if this feature will be added in the same time. Thanks!

[quote=“ianpwilliams, post:71, topic:10551”][quote=“syd430, post:70, topic:10551”]Will the ability to move the d-pad be in the next update?

Also to the person that asked, yes it’s plays great on Mini 2. Doesn’t tax the CPU and controls are good.[/quote]

Good to know. So it sounds like you play it two-handed in landscape mode with the d-pad and buttons rather than with the on-screen keyboard?[/quote]

Yes this is mostly what I do. Or can hold with one hand and tap with the other. It’s not possible to control your character via on-screen keyboard as this obscures half the screen, including your character.

I assumed that if you had the virtual keyboard up then the top half and bottom half would be “separate” and that you would be able to drag the top half around (and maybe even pinch and zoom) the play area. But it sounds like you can’t. Would be great if that could be a future feature though.

Running the game on my ipad is very slow even with apps turned off and tilesets are off. My IPad was bought new, model: MD421LL/A in September 2012.

Which iPad is it?

IPad 3

Strange that it’s slow, when someone else seems to be running it fine on iPad Mini 2. Could it be your iPad? I’m going for a preowned Mini 4 so hopefully that’ll be fast enough. Maybe the game will become less processor-intensive as the updates come.

The only explanation I could come up with, is the internal damage to my iPad from dropping it without a protective case.

Yeah that might be it.

The game gets a great review here:

It says it’s “more Fallout-y than Fallout”, and I tend to agree. I love both games (just started Fallout 4).