iOS Version

First of all, thanks to all the contributors. This game is awesome.

I started porting C:DDA to iOS a few months ago as my personal practice.
And the first TestFlight beta version was just approved yesterday.

It is a native port, and it uses some of the iOS features. You can control the character with onscreen controls,
use gestures to perform actions, and even use microphone to type localized strings.
More will be added in the future of course.

Currenly it is now beta testing. People who are interested can join in. Please check here for more information.
http://www.dancingbottle.com/?portfolio=cataclysm-dark-days-ahead

Thank you all.

Kickass, let us know if there’s anything you want merged back into mainline.
It’s not mandatory, but there’s always a risk that we’ll accidentally stomp on your changes if they aren’t in the repo, increasing your merge overhead.

Damn it

I have been after a portable version for years for android and IOS get it first :(.

[quote=“stk2008, post:3, topic:10551”]Damn it

I have been after a portable version for years for android and IOS get it first :(.[/quote]
there is a android version too but its probaly not recent version

It says I need to have Testflight installed to do the beta testing stuff. So I installed Testflight. But every time I open Testflight, I’m bombarded with messages stating that I need to be at least 13 to use Testflight. Which is odd, especially considering I was never given any opportunity to verify my age.

EDIT: This can be solved by logging out and logging back in to my Apple ID

Wow! I can not wait to get home to test this on my daughter’s iPad but from the videos, it supports tiles!?

That is not something any of the other ports have done and I am very impressed and can’t wait to check it out.

I gotta at least give it a try but this looks like it may have me getting a new phone.

Do the sounds work? I an on a loud train, I can’t tell if the videos have em.

Hi Chezzo, yes it supports tiles( and thanks for your hardwork ).
The current beta version also includes sounds. But the sound pack will be downloadable content in the final version since the file size is too large.

This is flipping incredible, my friend. Great work.

I really really like the pinch to zoom. I did that with my android nethack port. It just makes sense.

The only nits I have to pick is there’s no key to make the keyboard come up. I watched the videos, so I know all about swiping up from the bottom. But my ipad has something already that swipes from the bottom, and the programs have to fight it out for me to get a keyboard.

The action menu is great, but if you wanted to make it better, you could move some of the less used commands to the bottom. Like, view factions, ignore nearby enemy, view kills, pause (as it’s done just tapping the screen) center view, swap inventory letters, toggle attack mode of wielded items, plus all the move views could go to the bottom of that list, in my opinion.

Or better yet, make it customizable, like long press to move the commands around the menu screen. Or maybe long press to bring it off the action menu and dock it on the desktop.

Any plans for mouse movement by touching? That would be sweet. I guess you would need a pause key though, maybe the middle of the d pad?

Like I said, I am very very impressed, you did an amazing job! My daughter now thinks I am a goddamned wizard because pictures I made are in a game on her tablet, and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. Thank you so much.

:frowning:

Please do an android version :slight_smile:

Awww yesss… I’m finally back guys! I signed up, props to you for making this!

Nice job on this port. It doesn’t seem to have made the Thursday releases if that’s what it was targeted for. I sent you through a PM to see if I can test in the meantime.

I would be keen to test!

I was able to play the beta and it was so amazing and better than I expected. Going in, I thought this would be clunky, behind the stable release, and generally bad like many other ports out there, but when I actually played it, I was blown away. It was actually a couple versions ahead of the stable 0.C build I have on my computer. Extensive inventory management and tailoring clothes are somewhat annoying due to the keyboard blocking half the screen, but overall I’m just glad I can play one of my favorite games anywhere.

I have run into a problem where if I click the little button on the bottom-right corner to bring down my keyboard instead of swiping down or tapping above the keyboard on the console, the keyboard doesn’t come up if I try to bring it up again until I restart the app. Still awaiting the official release.

I have run into a problem where if I click the little button on the bottom-right corner to bring down my keyboard instead of swiping down or tapping above the keyboard on the console, the keyboard doesn't come up if I try to bring it up again until I restart the app. Still awaiting the official release.

This bug was one of the reasons that I pulled off the previous version, which was supposed to be released last week.

It is fixed in the final version, which is still waiting for review.

Thank you!

Do you plan to make an Android version?

This x10000000000

App got rejected this morning due to some non-technical issues. It’s an easy fix, but you have to wait a few more days. Sorry for that.

Do you plan to make an Android version?
I do not have any Android app programming experience. So currently no plan for that. Sorry!

Just want to say I am so psyched for this.

If it gets delayed again, I’ll gladly playtest :wink:

Today is release day on the app store and I can’t seem to find the game, has the release been delayed again?

Also wondering on this. Maybe the iAPs for the sound packs weren’t compatible with the CC licence?