Derail: random conversations

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:899, topic:5582”]There’s now a mod that replaces the multitude of real guns with a more “game-like” selection of generic gun types.
Small fix, the effect where light wakes you up is now based on light at your location instead of global light level, so if you shut yourself in a building away from windows, or with the curtains closed you won’t be woken up at dawn.[/quote]

Generic guns. Such heresy. <3

And good, having to blindfold myself when sleeping in a sealed-up room was annoying as hell.

Realistically that’s good but waking up at dawn despite being, for example, several levels underground was convenient for me. No more.
I guess I’ll have to find myself an alarm clock or sleep in one of the cars.

Hmm. Also decided to muck about with a weapon-related PR ( https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/12823 ) with the main goal being making the 5.45x39mm ammo from Icecoon’s Weapon Pack mainline content, along with giving it actual weapons to use it with.

I would hope that mainlining a bit from another person’s old mod is acceptable.

Totally kosher, in fact the license allows you to do anything at all with any content in the game as long as you preserve the license and any attribution (in the case of mods there is a author name attached to the mod.)

Ah, yay. owo

Could possibly slip a comment in the ammo definition mentioning Icecoon, if desired.

Also, one annoyance I noticed. Foldable seats don’t show up on the vehicle, the frame takes priority. This seems to be thanks to it being slotted in “anywhere” instead of the “center” slot other seats use.

Is there a mod in at the moment that reduces the nutrition and quench values of food items as you get more and more hungry?

Is this to help implement a nutrition based system, or is this just to make it so that it’s slightly more difficult to recover from starvation?

[quote=“sagethor, post:900, topic:5582”]I don’t recall there being one. In fact, the vanilla hunger system works iin just the opposite way:

Speaking of which, thanks to Coolthuhu for fixing tazers in a recent PR! It’s time to farm police bots with reckless abandon. :D[/quote]

Okay, it could just be the bonus starts as a penalty when I first hit hunger then.

I have noticed that leaving my hungry state to reach very hungry and starving do actually give bigger bonuses to nutrition.