Coleen's Tileset [UPDATED Sept 8, 2014]

This tileset is based on Waldo, Sir Hoder and Tsu’s original tilesets.

Also, a big THANK YOU to Chase for the tileset editor. It’s been invaluable!

I had been using Waldo’s lovely tileset with the hope that he would keep updating, but alas, he had to give up on the work. The missing tiles were starting to drive me crazy, so, for my own use, I started adding them in. I have decided to share my additions with the rest of the community at this point - while I haven’t completed the set yet, I’m certainly going to give it a shot.

This release is far from complete, but here’s what I’ve added so far: adrenaline injector, adjustable stock, apple jars, apricots, vacuum sealed apples, vacuum sealed fish, vacuum sealed human meat (ew), vacuum sealed meat, vacuum sealed veggies, beret, beret (wool), blackberries, blueberries, bread, broccoli, canteen (small), carrot, cherries, corn, cornbread, cranberries, crowbar, denim shorts, extinguisher (small), fish jars, grapefruit, grapes, halligan bar, heatpack, housecoat, human meat jar (ew again), kiwi, kompot jar, lemon, meat jar, messenger bag, MRE’s, onion, orange, papaya, peach, pear, pineapple, plum, royal jelly, strawberry, tallow, teargas, tent kit, tomato, veggie jar, wrist watch, and zucchini.

Here’s a sample of some of the new tiles:

Enjoy!

Coleen 24X24

Coleen 32X32

UPDATE April 9, 2014:
2xArms, blanket, bowl (ceramic), bowler (hat), bowl (glass), bowl (plastic), cash card, coffeepot, copper wire, the drain effect, earplugs, emergency blanket, eye drops, fur blanket, spider blood (ick), hard hat, pizza (human -double ick), melon, pizza (meat), oil lamp (on and off), reinforced door (open, closed, broken - this is a placeholder for now), reinforced window (also a placeholder), vacuum sealer, shower stall, soap bar, spray can, ten gallon hat, top hat, pizza (veggie), watermelon, tatami mats, extra large canteen, and various fruit, veggie and meat slices from pickled to vacuum sealed.

Also, many books now have added icons and all the reloaded ammo should now be included.

UPDATE May 13, 2014:
2xShin, 30 gal drum, 55 gal drum, acid bomb, acid bomb active, advanced UPS, advanced UPS active, air horn, alloy sheet, bindle, blt, hamburger (human), cheeseburger, cheeseburger (human), cheesefries, fish bowl, fries, UPS, and UPS active.

Smallish update this time - the last month was BUSY.

UPDATE Sept 9, 2014:
aep suit, air horn, air spear gun, alternators (car) (motorbike) (truck), American flag, ampoule, anbe suit, anti fungal, anti parasitic, atomic coffee pot, bacon, cooked blueberries, pancakes, skirt (leather), skirt, and environmental suit

Sorry for the wait, folks, summer has been crazy.

well thank ya me ducky, will make extensive use of this one :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow this looks awesome!

For clarity, I should probably mention that the tiles I haven’t personally created are from Waldo, Tsu, and Hoder’s tilesets. Thanks to you all for such epic work!

I love the tiles you’ve done. They fit really well.

nice one…

Wow, you are very talented. I was using Waldo’s for my first two weeks of play, because well they look the best. I stopped using Waldo’s, because of the missing tiles( especially zombie dogs, they are much more common in the latest build ).

I’ll definitely switch to Coleen’s in the near future, when she’s add some more of her beautiful tiles.

Thanks for doing this.

I think the buried landmines and beartraps are invisible because i cant see them, (I have a high perception) or if not a little more difference from regular tiles would be exponentially greater :stuck_out_tongue: loving everything else, i think this tileset has been lucky for me because right off the bat i found a water purifier and working vehicle xD

Very nice. It will become by default tileset. And so thoughtful of you to include 24x24.

aaand…

need help?

Lovely that this set is getting updated. Looking forward to more tiles.

Using the 24x24, experimental r882.
I found one issue tho: buried mines, traps and the like have a border and are therefore super easy to spot with no skill/perception at all. I also seem to have some glitches with the small water pools in swamps. Don’t know if it’s related to code and visibility rules, but if there is a sink hole in one part, it displays the sink hole instead of the water tile.

[quote=“BollandP, post:11, topic:5455”]Lovely that this set is getting updated. Looking forward to more tiles.

I found one issue tho: buried mines, traps and the like have a border and are therefore super easy to spot with no skill/perception at all. I also seem to have some glitches with the small water pools in swamps. Don’t know if it’s related to code and visibility rules, but if there is a sink hole in one part, it displays the sink hole instead of the water tile.[/quote]

These are from the original Waldo tileset that I’m working on finishing. I’ll take a look at them, however, once I’ve included more of the missing content.

[quote=“Coleen, post:12, topic:5455”][quote=“BollandP, post:11, topic:5455”]Lovely that this set is getting updated. Looking forward to more tiles.

I found one issue tho: buried mines, traps and the like have a border and are therefore super easy to spot with no skill/perception at all. I also seem to have some glitches with the small water pools in swamps. Don’t know if it’s related to code and visibility rules, but if there is a sink hole in one part, it displays the sink hole instead of the water tile.[/quote]

These are from the original Waldo tileset that I’m working on finishing. I’ll take a look at them, however, once I’ve included more of the missing content.[/quote]

With all respect, if your character can’t see the trap, it shouldn’t show up at all, so it shouldn’t be drawing the tile. If your character CAN see the trap, you need to as well so you can plan. Trap tiles being Obviously Trapped (no matter your stats) isn’t a tileset problem, it’s a display problem.

It’s a simple issue in the JSON. The minefield tile uses the mine as background, so it basically is barely visible. It’s a horrible idea, and the simple fix is to use the mine as foreground instead. You can easily fix this yourself using chase’s tileset editor.

coleen, really, i’m a pixel artist and i can help. Just…i can’t code, so ask me anything you want. :3

You know I don’t always reply, but when I do, it’s something awesome. So far most of the tilesets do NOT include cranberries, so I approve greatly.

when selecting this tileset the following warning shows:
Loading the tileset failed: failed to open tile info jason
after loading the game, it crashes. (build no. 1242 O.A)

i try to edit the tileset.txt of the tileset folder from:
NAME: Coleen24
VIEW: Coleen’s24
JSON: gfx/Coleen24Tileset/tile_config.json
TILESET: gfx/Coleen24Tileset/Coleen.png

to:

NAME: Coleen24
VIEW: Coleen’s24
JSON: Coleen24Tileset/tile_config.json
TILESET: Coleen24Tileset/Coleen.png

just remove the “gfx/”

this do the trick,
i hope this info is useful

We will keep that in mind for the next release. Will probably put up separate versions for the experimental as well as the stable-release builds, since that error only occurs with development builds.

There are other graphical issues with the experimental build, and I have not checked to see if they are resolved yet.

Thanks Terroroid. I was at a loss of what to do and was fiddling with WinMerge to see if I could figure out what was broken.

EDIT
It worked!

Much appreciation, the waldo set was my favorite in large part due to how the vehicles looked and i was sad when it seemed the work would not continue, glad to see you changing that mate