ChestHole Tileset

IMO things to do that would improve the tile set:
*make searchable type shrubs and trees different sprite then ones that can only be smashed
*Change the stairs so that they correlate with the >, < keys the…upstairs sprite is backwards I think.

nice tile set and great work with all the sprites so far ^.^

Litppunk: I thought I had already made those changes. When you are upstairs, you are looking at a downstairs tile. When you are down stairs, an upstairs tile. Also, the searchable shrubs and trees, I know I did different tiles for strawberries, and my tiles for everything else edible I think are a different color green than everything else. Fair enough, it could be more clear. Apple trees have apples.

So help me out here, what shrubs and trees specifically? Also, what are you on about in:re the stairs?

Rycon Roleplays: I am honored to be part of your let’s plays! I was hoping some enterprising young let’s player would pick up on this. You are just foreign enough to my ears to sound fun and interesting, and you know lots about the game. I’d say you’ve got the best let’s play going.

Thanks for the kind things you said in your set up video, too.

This is looking amazing, man. Keep going!

Seeing bags of “Zays” brand chips makes me a wee bit amused, if only for the likely coincidental relevance to my username.

There is a slight issue in the experimental builds with this tileset causing jumping spiders to use the same image as decaying zombies.
Not really game-breaking, but definitely makes one nervous when you are wandering the woods and come across a random dozen “zombies” out of nowhere.

On an unrelated note, I love this tileset, especially the character model that changes based on the gear you wear. I only wish there were options to choose your skin color, having all men have brown skin and all woman white seems slightly off to me.

This is a pretty amazing tileset, thank you for creating this! Also a thanks to Robik for adding the overlay feature to their tileset GUI. :slight_smile:

I’ll throw my props in here too; I’ve been using this tileset since .C came out and it’s excellent.

Well done!

By far my favourite since I got around to playing again. Thanks again for the compilation let alone your own work :slight_smile: Hope you keep this going.

There seems to be no paperdoll image for the diamond katana (and presumably other diamond items). As a placeholder could it use the regular katana sprite?

Registered an account just to let you know how much I appreciate your work, hopefully it continues into the later versions as more stuff gets added. Fantastic job, thanks for the effort.

Hey Chezzo,

Sorry if this has been asked before I did a bit of a search and couldn’t find it. What is the difference between your two packs in the experimental branch. ChestHole & ChestHoleTileset

Thank you all for the kind words, especially HurricaneJoe, who made me incredibly happy and made me work all the harder on my set. I’ve got an update in the works where I fix the walls, thanks to Sparr! I finally got walls I like, after a long time working.

Rycon, that ChestHoleTileset is the very very experimental isometric version Sparr made. I didn’t know it was in the experimentals even! I will fix that set as soon as I get this version with the fixed walls out.

THE NEW TILES ONLY WORK IN THE EXPERIMENTAL!

I made y’all new tiles with manual tile rotation! There’s no manual tile rotation in 0.C, so they don’t work in the stable, only in the latest experimentals. Here’s a screenshot:

I’m not really happy with the walls. Here are some of my other attempts.

I will be coming back and fixing the walls. I want to explore all the other fun stuff I can do with manual rotation, first.

Also, I added new monsters to keep my all the monsters in the game status, (I accidentally called mon_zombie_corrosive mon_zombie_caustic however, it’ll be fixed next update) and lots more!

Looks like I should integrate the rotating tiles feature into my editor. Though I am away this weekend, so most likely during the next week.

Looking real good Chezzo

It figures I would hear about some development with making tilesets directly after updating RetroDays. :wink:

So what’s the deal with the manual tile rotation stuff? Is there a thread on it somewhere?

Chezzo, banging tileset man.

I have officially created an account, and posted my first post just to tell you how awesome your work is. Keep it up!

If you wanted to know a few other streamers/let’s player’s for cdda (who I believe have been using chesthole since it’s been available), you can check out these fine fold

The don’t exclusively play cdda, (johndagger is usually playing it tho) but they are usually always playing survival games!

I love the cdda community, sitting in their channels i’ve met a few people who have been busy making cars and equipment that has made it into builds. it’s amazing to see how easy it seems to be to create these things.

I’m tempted to pick up a torch myself and see what i might be able to accomplish. thanks for all the great work. not just you, but all!

I’m so happy to see this tileset with playable characters that change appearance. I was contributing to MShock24’s tileset, and tried my hand at new characters. They sucked. Then MShock24 disappeared, so I set it aside. It’s so good to see that someone has picked up the torch. Keep up the good work!

I really really love how this tileset looks, but at the same time I want to use a custom sprite for my own Moth Mutant character class, and I am not 100% sure how to make that work, as he has a number of mutations built in to him from the get-go.

I might be able to cobble together a sprite for MothChaz myself, but as I said I’m not 100% sure how Chesthole’s clothing and mutations system figures into how my sprite gets affected, haha. Definitely gonna give it a look, though!

I was wondering if you going to remake the car textures? They look pretty incongruous with the pixelated style.