ChestHole Tileset

Well, I did send you an old tile.png with your trees on it instead of just moving the trees onto the new one and sending you that. I blame it on people constantly rushing me to “come spend every waking hour of your day with me” when I’m trying to do something. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Kedryn, post:358, topic:8933”]I literally disassembled, resized and straightened out the oven/stove and refrigerator (each ‘cube’ shaped item has 3 sides and it’s easier to work on them if I take them apart). I added a placeholder bucket and empty aluminum can.

While playing I discovered I couldn’t see card readers and ATMs anymore because they were still flat on the ground and the walls blocked them so I imported them from the 32 set, ‘iso-fied’ them and gave the card reader the cement wall background.

The ATMs will always face the same direction as their entry in the terrain.json doesn’t ‘connect’ them to anything, though I can make it so if they’re side by side it will make sense. I also need to smooth their edges out as I was in a hurry at the time andthey really stand out right now.

The contents of the sealed jar are now irrelevant to the graphics (there seems to be no way to differentiate them) so they will all look the same no matter what’s in them. Also added a pumpkin.

I want to get the jacks, boom crane, cantilever, plow, reaper and planter in but I don’t know how to make those (no skill).

[/quote]

Cool empty can. I drop 40 million of these all over the place. Would be nice to havem in my stable version :slight_smile:

Any empty plastic bottles?

Any who. If you could post their images I could add them to my tile image. But I dunno what else yall have added to the 32 version…plus I kinda don’t know how to add them…I forgot…again >_>

Currently using stable experimental version 5243 if this matters

Got the PK monsters into the iso set. Also made some placeholder shackles, mounted blades and umm spiked hooks? Hooked spikes? Spooked hikes! Sure, why not.

Also added some ‘t_connections’ to the chainlink fence I put together when I first started doing this stuff.

Large screenshot, so spoilers; sorry if that offends some people.

Now I just need to make pillars fill up the whole square when they’re in between walls because they “connect_to_wall” and it makes the wall end_pieces not show.

Also, doors on corners are evil. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! I did all the empties and offal.

PR is up for the 32 set, with Zombie’s R Us’ PK tiles, offal, Razorclaws, coal, and lots more.

If you can’t wait, get it here:

http://chezzo.com/cdda/ChestHole32TilesetPK.zip

Hey I hope I am not irritating anyone but is there a means of merging Mshocks modded textures for more survival tools with chesthole as it is getting annoying looking at the wattle and daub textures and improvised shelter texture

Sweet zombie Jesus Chezzo, you still never got around to that?

Forgot we have an empty plastic bottle(woops). Empty can? Nice! =D

Tin cans from soup? =)

Prototype wattle and daub wall for iso. Any suggestions or comments before I go further and actually put some work into it? I’d save the textures and non-isofied shapes for use in the non-iso sets. I’d probably put wooden beams between each section because I think that’s how it’s supposed to be?

From first to last: Base texture, same texture with increased contrast and lowered brightness, with wooden beams and the last one, did I do too much on the faux lighting?

The lighting is great. It is waaaaay better than the alternative. Amazing job, again.

I can’t decide between the left middle and the far right one! The right one fits the rest of the set better, but the middle one is SO good. I guess the far right one. Is there an unfinished wall with them daubs? Cause then you could totally use the middle left one.

Yeah, there’s an unfinished one, a broken one and a half-built one. I’ll use the left middle one for unfinished. And I still have to ‘break’ one.

Mostly since I’ve already made corners and end pieces that go with the fourth one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I never realized this was wattle and daub:

Done and integrated! At least until I want broken and half-builts to have end-pieces and corners too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice one man, It looks amazing I didn’t expect for you to go to this much effort for the feature but seriously thanks :slight_smile:

Thank you!

But it was actually pretty easy (right angles, nice and square). I was hoping to get input on it before I worked on it more but once I start something I have a really, really hard time stopping until it’s done. I was all “Hai guyz where should I go from here?” and then I started fiddling with it and seeing where I could go from there and I kinda liked it so I went there; even though I tried not to.

At some point I should probably make some wattle that I could partially cover with daub (or did I get that backwards?) for the half-built version, though I have no idea how to do that and not have it look awful because I suck at non-square; the car pieces with headlights I made a little while back took me a few frustrating days. And since I have a hard time stopping things I was stuck in it.

No fun ideas today so back to boring things that make me feel better; changed left into right.

And if you’re wondering why I use the same colors (more or less) it’s mostly so that people that have played with the set before are less likely to go “wtf is that?” and more likely to not notice it changed. Cos really; who stares at the cans and bottles (besides me)? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: And while I was in the liquor store I made a new hops. I miss my hops bines.

Freaking amazing! I love the new cans.

Thank you, Chezzo. Today, with my limited time, I am playing with suitcases. I’m sure you can imagine what I’m doing to them because I do it to everything that has a flat surface on bottom.

It’s ‘good enough’ but I think I’ma play with it a bit more; smooth out the diagonal lines and maybe give it some texture. And work on the handle. And there should probably be some sort of seam where it opens. We need a 256x256 set (I know it’s not possible and I’m not serious, I don’t know what I’d do with that many pixels).

Hey this is probably a stupid question but where can I download the latest version as I have tried the latest moddb and cataclysm graphical and cannot find the changes to the walls and cans

I’m picturing a 2048*2048 tileset that is nothing but IRL images made into a tileset. For when you need MAXIMUM realism in the gameplay AND appearance

I’ve been working on “f_rack” and while there were several irl examples to choose from, I went with:

The second screenshot is how it looks in the way that mansions use them.

I’m picturing a 2048*2048 tileset that is nothing but IRL images made into a tileset. For when you need MAXIMUM realism in the gameplay AND appearance[/quote]

That would, strangely, be epic and boring at the same time. And would require a lot of photo-taking and/or free photos. Yes, I know; I suck the fun out of everything. :stuck_out_tongue: Anytime I, or someone else, thinks of something cool my mind immediately leaps to the practical issues of it actually happening.

I make stuff and post screens all week, but the changes don’t go through until the Git is updated.

Kedryn’s new changes to the iso set are pred: