ChestHole Tileset

I had to shrink the crates I made by 2 pixels (I tried so hard to make it the size it needed to be so I wouldn’t have to shrink it) and it made it blurry. So I went back and manually shrank it. First screenshot on the left for reference, new one on the right.

Is it better?

Yeah, it is cleaner. Good work.

I made there be no borders!

[quote=“Chezzo, post:422, topic:8933”]I made there be no borders!

[/quote]

How’d you do that? I must know because I’ve been experimenting with that for ages. Well, not ages but at least since I started. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I went through and deleted all the stray pixels on the sides of the terrain tile. Then for the all dirt tile I had to paste a grass tile under and cut around it.

Here you go. Maybe you can tell me what I did wrong to make the PKs tiles I added not work toward the end there. Besides give up.

Alright, I’m looking at it. This is an old set and is missing a lot of my additions.

I’ll edit my post when I figure out what’s wrong.

Edit: You’re using my the most recent tile_config with the old tiles.png set I sent you that had your trees. I think I miscommunicated when I said I was sending you the most recent tiles.png I had that still had your trees.

How should we go about merging your new changes with the new tiles? If you remember all the tiles you’ve changed I can merge them with what I have and send that to you.

Oh man, I changed all the terrain tiles I could find.

I’ll see if I can find them all. Hopefully I can fix this without screwing anything else up.

Edit: They do stand out in the tiles.png so it shouldn’t be like hunting Easter Eggs in a savanna or something.

And I have to remember which tiles I ‘enhanced’ so I copy them on top before I copy them back.

Edit: Alright, here you go. I got down to “mon_doom_archdemon” in the config before I ran out of tiles from the set you sent me.

Check my work, please. :slight_smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgqme0jfbh67afa/ChestHole32Tileset_iso.rar?dl=0

I missed the pavement tile. Copy my copy of it on top of your and then copy it back over to retain the texture of it.

When can we expect an update for the other ChestHole tilesets?

Kedryn: Would you mind creating a bullpup version of the SVS-24C from Icecoon’s mod? I am going to fork, update and PR Icecoon’s Weapons Pack.

Concept pics:

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:428, topic:8933”]When can we expect an update for the other ChestHole tilesets?

Kedryn: Would you mind creating a bullpup version of the SVS-24C from Icecoon’s mod? I am going to fork, update and PR Icecoon’s Weapons Pack.

Concept pics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norinco_Type_86S[/quote]

What’s the '“id” of the item so I can assign it? Went with https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/VEPR4.png/300px-VEPR4.png

I didn’t make the whole gun; it’s a modification of the svs-24 from the set.

Unless you were wanting the stock (is the back part the stock?) hollow like the other one?

“id”: “svs-24c”, Icecoon’s Weapons Pack. Please keep the original sprite, I hope to use it for the CW-24C.

The stock is the part you rest against your shoulder when firing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_(firearms) Bullpups have part of their barrel in their stock. The picture looks fine.

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:430, topic:8933”]“id”: “svs-24c”, Icecoon’s Weapons Pack. The stock is the part you rest against your shoulder when firing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_(firearms) Bullpups have part of their barrel in their stock. The picture looks fine.

Did you draw that, or downsize the pic?[/quote]

I modified the svs-24 from the iso set. It had the magazine in front of the trigger and was… oh, here:

I modified the one on the left. The one on the right is what’s currently in the set as the 24c. So now we have two 24-cs. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Kedryn, post:431, topic:8933”][quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:430, topic:8933”]“id”: “svs-24c”, Icecoon’s Weapons Pack. The stock is the part you rest against your shoulder when firing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_(firearms) Bullpups have part of their barrel in their stock. The picture looks fine.

Did you draw that, or downsize the pic?[/quote]

I modified the svs-24 from the iso set. It had the magazine in front of the trigger and was… oh, here:

I modified the one on the left. The one on the right is what’s currently in the set as the 24c. So now we have two 24-cs. :P[/quote]

Sorry, I jumped to post without reading. :frowning:

The Icecoon guns are very similar, and they have large recoil reductions, so I thought a bullpup version would add visual variety and lore justification for their stats. I think the solid-stock version looks better, but the hollow-stock version makes more sense. What do you think?

When can we expect an update for the other ChestHole tilesets?

It’s a comin, Borkie. Made new Razorclaws, bio blades, pepper boxes and as requested:

Razorclaws are as good as they are going to get before I wake up in the morning!

Attack of the Horseshoe Crabs! I like the cartoony look of these creatures. In my opinion, they need some more detail.

Probably a silly question… is there a way to get the new version of your tileset without updating the experimental build? I have read about some very disturbing bugs in the recent versions and I would like to wait a bit before updating but love to get new tiles, mostly for real life weapons since I dont want to look up how for instance a Saiga-12 looks like.

About the Razorclaw tiles: They look pretty good, maybe a bit too “cute” but well… I find any images in existence of Mi-Gos cute aswell.

Yeah, Eldritch. Just unzip one of these into the /gfx directory, rewriting over the old tileset directory.

Kedryn, we reached our limit of Personal Messages per hour. Want to email me at sean.osman@gmail.com, or we can get in a private message window over on the irc. Or here is fine too.

I made those changes you suggested!

I think I just needed to clean out my inbox.

It looks great!

I modified a crab claw photo as an example of what I pictured when I read the description.

I have no idea how anyone could fit this shape into 5 or 6 pixels, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Source image: https://image.freepik.com/free-photo/crab-claw-lighter_2872270.jpg

Edit: I made the bottom one longer instead of the top one because the top one is the mobile part and it makes biological sense (in my head, anyway) that the shorter side would be used for gripping or holding (like our thumbs).

I wish crabs didn’t remind me of spiders.

Edit2: I forgot to mention when I gave you my links that I had imported a bunch of stuff from your 32 set (ember carrier, whistle) and I made a hexamine stove (which doesn’t look great, but it’s there). I also deleted a group of unused (I checked, honest!), unrecognizable tiles around line 8075. They were all unused and some of them were extra rotations of things that don’t rotate (like shrubs). Here is an image with what I deleted selected (in spoilers):

No problem, Kedryn, delete whatever you want that is not being used. Totally.

Be careful though, someone on IRC said he liked how I got rid of the lines, but what is up with that table:

And I went and made it a pretty table, but then realized it was actually a shrub. So I made it a shrub. One of the very same shrubs you have in your box of deletion. Maybe? I don’t know.

[quote=“Chezzo, post:438, topic:8933”]No problem, Kedryn, delete whatever you want that is not being used. Totally.

Be careful though, someone on IRC said he liked how I got rid of the lines, but what is up with that table:

And I went and made it a pretty table, but then realized it was actually a shrub. So I made it a shrub. One of the very same shrubs you have in your box of deletion. Maybe? I don’t know.[/quote]

I deleted these over a week ago and oh! That ‘shrub’ is where I have a shrub now. I made a new shrub and assigned it to randomly appear as a shrub and I put the sprite where those tiles used to be and since you were using the new tile_config but an old tiles.png the random sprite was pointing to that table. Look at what I have in that spot now.

I did all this when I was posting screens of me making shrubs.

Edit: What your screen shrub would have looked like with the matching tiles.png

Both are t_shrub. The the tiles screen above this one, to the right of the shrub is the harvested version of a summer blueberry bush.

Ah! I see, my mistake.