ChestHole Tileset

Thanks for your input, guys. I went ahead and tried to see if I could regain some detail from the 32 set on the ground/floor tiles. I’ve done grass, dirt and pavement by shrinking the tile from 32/32 to 28/28 before iso-fying it.

Left one is the old one:

Changes are pretty subtle but better, I think.

Sidenote: Maybe I don’t hate my blossoms after all. (Left is current downloadable, right is what I have).

The pink trees look good!

It looks quite good! It stopped looking “blurry”, and that’s awesome.

Didn’t do much today because social obligations smacked me upside the head and tried to eat me.

So I played around with “what if” and modded the “tanks” mod to add a new quarterpanel called “barrel” and then changed the tanks that spawn to use that part and then I whipped up a quick green barrel and got this:

I’d have made the barrel seamless but blah, blah, blah, you’ve heard this before.

This just makes me wish I had a bunch of cool, green, heavy duty quarterpanels and boards but that’s gonna take awhile because doing car parts makes me feel like I’m smashing my face into a wall; so many curvy spots. Also having green HD parts might make some people end up with Christmas cars and that wouldn’t be fun. Funny, but not fun.

Having multiple colors for people to choose from would be cool but it would also add an extra, irritating menu step when welding things in and cause the tiles.png to get very, very large.

But I did manage to make an ATGM turret today; at least I hope it looks somewhat like one. It’s next to the windshield on the vehicle that isn’t the tank. And I guess I changed the security cameras too? I must have done that in my sleep or a dorf sneaked in and did it for me. Or someone was talking to me while I was doing it. yAyDD.

All right, awesome! I have a computer and everything.

I got all that awesome stuff Kedryn put out in a pr.

Time to roll through these changes everyone pointed out, and get you all a nice clean crisp copy of all my tilesets.

I wish I could “like” you guys additions posts a billion times!

Playing ISO view mode is maturing very quickly, thanks for you guys effort. I can’t go back, already.

Yay, an update to the version that comes with the game! The one from July (or was it June?) was kind of broken because when I deleted the old wood walls after adding the new ones I hadn’t realized that log walls used them too. And I also had missed all of the “_season_winter” suffix versions as well.

Any SDL version 5432 or later should have all of the tiles I’ve been posting (aside from yesterday’s tank post).

Which reminds me; I guess I should work on reimporting the snow tiles so they look as not-blurrified as the new dirt, floor and grass tiles.

And possibly look at some of the tiles that I had made that I intentionally blurred to make them fit in because they really stood out at the time.

Also, where are your iso trees, Chezzo? I wanted to learn by staring at them! Being able to almost make something is more frustrating than not being able to do it at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks, AdonaiJr. :wink:

My iso trees are gone! I went looking for them too, and also found nothing. Here is what they used to look like:

I will dig through old forks and such, see if I can’t find them.

I totally know what you mean, AdonaiJr. When you stand on a counter, (or anything appropriate,) you go up! When you get off, or go in a pit, you go down!

You can’t beat that.

You just can’t.

I edited dissectors to make lab challenges complete! I am really digging all the stuff you did, Kedryn.

I have an old 0.C experimental from the 4500+ range. Would it be there?

[quote=“Chezzo, post:408, topic:8933”]My iso trees are gone! I went looking for them too, and also found nothing. Here is what they used to look like:

I will dig through old forks and such, see if I can’t find them.

I totally know what you mean, AdonaiJr. When you stand on a counter, (or anything appropriate,) you go up! When you get off, or go in a pit, you go down!

You can’t beat that.

You just can’t.

I edited dissectors to make lab challenges complete! I am really digging all the stuff you did, Kedryn.[/quote]

I must have them on my HD because I used them in my before/after picture here:

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=9587.msg282132#msg282132

I don’t remember taking them out but I do get, umm… ‘carried away’ sometimes. Probably when I grabbed all of the fruit and autumn trees from the 32 set to replace the ones that got make_iso’d into floor shapes.

Edit2: Working on super boring things right now. No, seriously (left pic is original):

Edit: Chezzo, here’s a link to the last set of tiles I have that contains your iso trees so you don’t have to hunt them down because of my error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0bmqh2h4ec3vle/tiles.rar?dl=0

Oh amazing, I love the batteries. Keep it up!

I downloaded and played around with the awesome Parks and Recreation mod, and it made me do cannabis for the dispensary.

And I did dissectors like I said:

Someone on IRC mentioned that the description makes no mention of saws like in all the tilesets. However, the description DOES say beams of electricity.

You know, those electricity beams. Science!

So I was thinking about slapping on a cross between the new Tesla chargers and a James Bond laser beam.

Y’all are doing amazing work!

Very nice.

So I was thinking about slapping on a cross between the new Tesla chargers and a James Bond laser beam.

That sounds really cool.

Just fully mutated my character with the Lizard Branch and it appears that the “Thick Scales” mutation doesn’t have any texture/skin.

My Version of Cata I’m using is 0.C 5438.

If this was already addressed I am sorry that I brought this only “Bug” up.

[quote=“TheMightyHercules, post:414, topic:8933”]Just fully mutated my character with the Lizard Branch and it appears that the “Thick Scales” mutation doesn’t have any texture/skin.

My Version of Cata I’m using is 0.C 5438.

If this was already addressed I am sorry that I brought this only “Bug” up.[/quote]

I see an overlay for this in the iso set but not the 32 set. Do you know how to tile_config? If so, open tile_config.json with notepad++,
ctrl-g to line 22955 and change the line that says id: "overlay_male_mutation_SLEEK_SCALES",
to:

And then do the same to line 23230 only it would be female instead of male.

These entries are listed twice for both sexes so make sure you update the lines I mentioned; the set pulls from the last entry of a specific object.

I’m sure Chezzo will fix it in his next Chesthole32 pull request so this post is only if you want it fixed, like, right now.

And now a question:

What is the “=” supposed to be? I see it on the schoolbus and the semi. The description is just “horizontal quarterpanel 2”. But what is it supposed to represent?

Right now I have it like this:

But I’m not leaving it like this because it looks rather stupid and I don’t even know if that’s what it’s supposed to be.

Edit: I’ll be leaving it like the picture on the right until I have a better idea.

Sidenote: Every time I change something I wish for a new feature; I made tires round and now I wish they would spin. I made grass tall in Summer and Autumn and now I wish it would hide things (and wildlife/zombie predators).

Someone on the twitch stream commented on the crates so I turned the left side of the screenshot into the right side.

I’m not entirely happy with them but I think they fit better.

Haha, whoa! I just now PMmed you about crates. Like, one second ago. Man, you work quick.

So in re the = on trucks, I think they are supposed to be big ole grates. I think your original bumper you made works best for this. I think you could make your left side ones into bumpers for cars in general.

It’s the neural link I have evolved with GIMP (man, I wish).

Got rid of the borders on everything except the freaking everywhere tiles, and I guess the water tiles. Roads, basments and wood flooring are crisp at least.

Any ideas on how I could get it seamless?