ChestHole Tileset

That’s enough! Thanks a lot, Ked! d:
Owe you one!

So close but I’m still like a toddler with crayons. I’m talking about the plow and the tires.

Edit: Having given up on round things I’ve been trying to make the vehicle forges and rigs look like they do in the 32 set. I need to figure out the blurry.

32 set, current set, my attempt at shaping it.

Went ahead and added the filters and drive belt for the faulty engines. Finished importing the vehicle workshops; not overly pleased with how I made them look but I don’t know how to make them better. Gave up on treads for the wheels. Need better, and more various, hubcaps. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also swapped the assigned tiles for the forge and the kitchen buddy so that the one with the orange glow is the forge.

Also, Quadbike.

Not to scale or the filters would be little tiny blobs. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the acetylene lamp. On/off and wielded on/off.

The following could work if I also made a mod that added a million variations of car parts (front vs rear vs side windshields, front seat doors vs rear seat doors etc.) and had a way to show more than just one part per tile (so headlights could show on whatever was beneath them and wheels could show up even if there was a board there also). But that would add a whole bunch of “if/then” in the tile_configs (not possible) and the mod would conflict with just about every other mod so not so feasible. But it was fun messing around. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks awesome man :slight_smile:

Holy good god, Kedryn! The car parts look sick! I am going to have to add lots of this stuff back into 32 and 24.

You rule.

Send it to me! I will get it up for everybody.

Sent to you, Chezzo. Sorry it took me so long; I was lost in Gimp and didn’t get your message. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, this is looking impressive.

I took a long break from playing so I’m not sure how this isometric business works…

Does it make walking in the right direction tricky?

Or… driving?

Also, what in the world is my modified tank with actual tank cannon and turrets going to look like with this tileset in isometric mode? I don’t think the cannon showed up at all in the older tileset I’m using.

I don’t even know how I’d go about making a tank gun fit in a tile.

Walking in the right direction isn’t tricky; up (8) is still up but it’s Northeast instead of North. If you’re looking at the minimap and pressing 8 that can be confusing at first as the minimap still has North as up.

Driving isn’t hard at all because of the way it works with up accelerating and left right turning you left or right based on current vehicle direction.

This is what tanks look like right now. Still no tank turret. :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like I’m posing for the cover of ‘Tank Monthly’ or something.

What about making some kind of “turret controls”?

That’s a good idea.

I’ll use this as a placeholder until I can figure a way to make that look decent. I was thinking like the bubble/hatch thing on top of tanks, I just need to make it work.

The furthest I can make something stick out is halfway over the next tile; however, when something sticking out like this is rotated towards you, things in front of it (closer to the screen) will block parts of it. I could take the barrel off and pretend the line of quarter-panels is the barrel (which I think was the intention when the tank was designed).

I like this one better, I think; Also, water cannons. And spotlights. I wish there was a way to have “vp_spotlight_on” without also having to make a mod.

Today I made myself finish the plow. And then I spawned a tractor to look at the plow and the tractor had weird brackets for wheels.

So, treads. And plows.

Another for chest32:

Pistol_Pepperbox
fg:1441 and needs a wield overlay tile.

Also these guns need a few tiles.

M240 needs a wield tile.
SIG 552 needs a wield and floor tile.

Not sure if these are apart of other gun mods though. So try not to consider me a dick for writing these adages >_>

Bug report:

The A 180 drum magazine needs a sprite.

The 7.62x25mm hot load and the 7.62x25mm Type P need some sprites.

I’ve been working on tables, counters, the front sections of cars, police lights, the playground items and telling plates to lie flat.

I also did bathtubs but forgot to take a picture.

Playground and Coffeeshop:

Police car:

I need to work on the shading for the monkeybars because it’s doing that optical illusion thing to me where sometimes it’s facing one way and sometimes another.

And I should probably replace the countertops with wood because they look like you’d get glass if you deconstructed them but you wouldn’t.

That’s the best I could get with the slide; to the game those two middle pieces are the same and they wouldn’t connect running at any other angle. But I think you can tell it’s a slide now without mousing over it?

I wish chairs would face tables, but meh.

I wish there was some way to make stuff rotate correctly too.

Great work, man. I think the monkey bars are awesome!

Those are the bars that were already there; I just raised them 12 pixels up and gave them legs. And configured the pieces in the config. :stuck_out_tongue:

I made the gallon jug sit up straight on the counters and did the arcade machine (by reskinning the ATM with the arcade machine that was already there). I’m so random in the things I choose to do.

Oh, and benches. Gave them backs and then took them out because facing. But they has legs, Lt. Dan.

You guys are doing an amazing job at this tiles. I just wanted to thank for making the game better for all of us.

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:373, topic:8933”]Bug report:

The A 180 drum magazine needs a sprite.

The 7.62x25mm hot load and the 7.62x25mm Type P need some sprites.[/quote]

Added to iso. I’ll let Chezzo pull them from the iso and add them to 32. :wink:

Updated (many times):

Type P is not +P. It’s kinda the opposite. http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12452.0

Also, if you want some free sample images of many ingame cartridges, this photo should cover it: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Cartridges.jpg
(left-to-right: .22 LR, 32 ACP, 7.62x25mm, [380 ACP, not in the game], 9x18mm, 9mm, 38 Special, .40 S&W, 45 ACP.)

Overall, your additions to the tileset look good; The effort to integrate the items into the same style has made the game look better than before. I hope to see more.

Created this account after two years of lurking to say:

Agree!

Thanks, Kedryn. Digging the ISO.

Edit, after catching up on the whole thread:

Fantastic work, Kedryn. I’ve been kicking around the idea of banging out an ISO tileset, but just haven’t. Lazy, and busy, mostly. :smiley: But, seriously… you’re doing awesome work and I no longer need to considering making one, now. Thank you very much for your time and effort. I’ve been modding for a long time (I was one of the founders for the temple of elemental evil mod, “The Circle of Eight”, back when I used a different handle… and earlier projects), doing code and art, and I mention that to add weight to this comment: your work is top shelf!

Thanks again! I’ve been on a month or two break from C:DDA, but no longer thanks to you. :slight_smile:

-M

PS. Follow Chezzo’s advice, and put this stuff on your resume if it’s applicable to your career, man.