ChestHole Tileset

[quote=“Kedryn, post:320, topic:8933”]This is the best I could do with the lines on the counters:

I can upload my copy in about an hour (less, hopefully). I’ve got someone clamoring for my attention.

Edit: Uploading now, will send you the link when it’s done uploading. Guess I’ll try my hand at doors next.[/quote]

woah, isometrics?!?! how? is it a recent feature? does it work well? how do i use these isometric textures?

I think there’s been an iso set for a few months maybe? But recently I started making tiles for Chezzo’s set (never done it before) and he liked them and added them.

The most recent set is in build 5241 (the tiles version). Instructions on how to use it are:

[quote=“StopSignal, post:299, topic:8933”]Make sure you have the “graphical tiles” version of the game! Not the curses one.
First, in the main menu, go to Options.
With TAB, select the graphics tab. (I think it has that name)
Then, scroll down until you see “Tileset”. There, keep choosing until you see “ChestHole iso”
There it is![/quote]

Since he explains it way better than I can. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Chezzo, I made a more generic door and some matching door frames, open doors and damaged doors and did some work lining up the blue walls, “t-wall”. Edit2: I somehow made the bowling lane guard work too.

The PR is up! There is an incredibly decent iso set in the game now! Thanks so much, Kedryn.

I was able to get rid of the lines, Kedryn. I did it by copying the tile, and pasting it on top of itself over and over until the edges aren’t feathered.

I’m not sure if I like it now though! What do you all think?

I think I like it on everything except the wood floor, the dirt and grass and maybe the pool table. I also think that when the bottoms of the furniture are feathered it looks better against the floors.

And I see I missed a feather on the walls near the floor. I should fix that as soon as I’m done making log walls. If I don’t fall asleep first. :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks super nice, though.

Edit: Definitely going to sleep now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Done with log walls for now. At some future date when I learn more I may try to make them make more real life sense and I’ll probably make the logs thicker.

Edit: Was working on standalone walls and am requesting opinions on one of them:

I think the first ones!

Man, I need to fix those doors.

[quote=“Chezzo, post:326, topic:8933”]I think the first ones!

Man, I need to fix those doors.[/quote]

The first ones are the ones I went ahead and sent you in my last update.

I’ll try working on the doors some more; I’m not happy with how they turned out either.

Edit: Did tiny amount of work with book cases so that rows looked better-ish. Will make an actual corner piece after I work more on doors.

Those walls are indeed great. But maybe they should be juuust a little bit darker? Not for visual reasons (i find that brown to be just perfect, actually!) but to have the floor contrast a little bit more. It’s kinda easy to lose the sense of 3D, somehow! At least for me. But the tile looks great. Are you sure you didn’t ever tile before like you said, Kedryn? d:

[quote=“Chezzo, post:313, topic:8933”]I think the Hockey profession gets the skater profession mutation I am hanging the Skater overlay on. If I take it off one I gotta take it off both.

I know, I’ll make him have a missing tooth.[/quote]

Oh man, could you please upload a version without Skater mutation? I really want to play as my favorite Hockey guy again… Now, after my very promising Teacher has stepped on the land mine.

I think you have to can just go to the tiles_config.json and then search for “skater” until you find the line that has the tile configurations, and just delete that section entirely, from the first “}” to the last “{,”. Copy the file before modifying though!

It worked! Thank you.

Thank you for your constructive opinion. Yeah, I think I’ll add some ‘lighting’ to it like I did with the other wood walls I made that were also having issues with that floor. I should have done that to begin with as it uses the same colors I used for those walls.

No, I’ve never tiled before or used a graphics program or drawn anything besides stick-figures. And this probably takes me longer than it would people that can actually draw or that understand ‘lighting’ and ‘shades’. My method is to do something, see how it looks in game and then adjust based on that. And then get opinions because, for me, looking at something repeatedly has the same effect as saying a word over and over… it kind of stops making sense.

It worked! Thank you.[/quote]

Always glad to help (:

Thank you for your constructive opinion. Yeah, I think I’ll add some ‘lighting’ to it like I did with the other wood walls I made that were also having issues with that floor. I should have done that to begin with as it uses the same colors I used for those walls.

No, I’ve never tiled before or used a graphics program or drawn anything besides stick-figures. And this probably takes me longer than it would people that can actually draw or that understand ‘lighting’ and ‘shades’. My method is to do something, see how it looks in game and then adjust based on that. And then get opinions because, for me, looking at something repeatedly has the same effect as saying a word over and over… it kind of stops making sense.[/quote]

It may take longer, but still looks as great! And working on this kind of projects is really noble, as it is basically not only doing it for the art, but to help other people as well. And that’s awesome. And a bit of self-complimenting, hahahaha

Okay is this shade better at helping to perceive ‘depth’?

And I imported the washing/drying machines from the 32 set and made them iso-ey. Left side of laundromat is before, right is after. Are my whites too white (washing pun not intended).

Yeah, that looks awesome! This is great!

I’ve been working on windows and doors again mostly trying to find a way for the various windows to mostly clash with the various walls they’re used with in the mapgen files. For the domestic windows and doors, I’ve done this. Example is located in a log cabin.

Armored, taped, reinforced, boarded, closed curtains, curtains and no curtains… and another taped because I forgot to remove it. And there’s a door in there too. They’re big but I thought being able to see if a window had curtains you could close or not without having to mouse over the tile would be helpful.

The borders around the window tiles are kind of necessary as the color blending that the game does only works in the same tile and not with neighboring tiles (it would probably be a mess if it worked cross-tile).

And then in the second pic, a cathedral because I ‘isofied’ the windows and made some fugly railings.

They added new terrain while I was making walls and not playing. Those bastards (not really)!

I’m not sure if this is what they meant by ‘masonry walls’ but granite seems pretty common in New England, so… work in progress (so very not done) haven’t even done corners yet.

A minor omission: Survivor gasmasks/goggles don’t actually appear on your character when worn.

I added the goggles overlay to the config and it works now. I’m not seeing the issues with the gasmask, though; when I wear “mask_survivor” it appears on me. Which Chezzo set is it not working for?

I’ll send my set to Chezzo and let him do the pull request if he approves it.

It’s a ‘light survivor mask’ on the ChestHole32 tileset.