Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.C Cooper released. (now with translations)

The game can get rather fidgety about tracking effects that last for such long periods of time, so it’s permanent.

Also you’ve got to keep in mind that its reservoir population has been massively reduced, so mutations will come at a far slower rate.[/quote]

also gotta a point out that this is the FUTURE even if its is post future apocalypse. Im claiming nanites, or adapting blob, picks up the anti flu injection and learns to kill flu permanently because… no wait that doesn’t make sense blob wants you to die so you become zombie… Ok nanites. I am claiming nanite injection, smart little buggers learn any mutations of the flu because this is high dollar flu shot.

While Im posting, another big thanks, and Atta boy/ good job everybody to the devs and everyone that worked on the release. Any plans on .D? Arggg no want the D jokes please. Maybe skip and go to E?

My reaction to the changelog goodies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nKzKy7ysDvs

Thanks, guys, you keep making it better and better!

well…

0.C Traditional Chinese translation is completed…on transifex

wait for 0.D !

The rate of additions to the game is staggering, like to thank everyone who helps to make it happen :slight_smile:

I am new to Cata DDA, but it seems that the PC cooper curses has missing npc dialogues. How can I fix it?

NPC dialogue was working for me.

Does anybody have the links to Mac binaries? Then I can add those to the wiki.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:46, topic:9094”]NPC dialogue was working for me.

Does anybody have the links to Mac binaries? Then I can add those to the wiki.[/quote]

See here: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10847.0
Or here: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=9106.msg231740#msg231740
Or here: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10856.0

Been a while since I last played, I can’t wait to hop back in and get utterly wrecked to the point that not even drinking seven bottles of booze with the Drunken Master perk won’t save me.

Oh hey welcome back. I got back into it like a month ago and I still haven’t figured out the new things, so… good luck. When in doubt, Ethanol Converter + Drunken Master + Fusion Blaster.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I’m not sure where else to do so. It is my understanding that this game is still in the developmental stages. What all would you like to have functioning before you consider it to be a complete game, with which you can always build upon, update, and mod later on?

I am not sure it will ever be considered “complete” It is very much playable as-is though and the “unfinished” bits are the most fun, spots where a fresh addition to the game is in, and wether it works correctly or not yet creates all kinds of in game FUn shenanigans.

It is definitely playable, but still under heavy development. It’s not a normal development model for games, but it works really well for open source.

No yeah, for sure. It’s completely playable. I’ve been playing it for a long time. I remember back when snares were an item. I miss them, even though I didn’t use them much.

But, I do compare the development progress to other games. Open Morrowind will be a complete game when all of the features of the original game have been successfully recreated. Minecraft became a complete game when the End and the Ender Dragon were added. Both of these games have/will continue development, and I was just wondering if there were any explicit goals in mind to label v 1.0.

In the past, I think it was said that we needed working +z-levels and more sane NPCs.

guys, it’s been 9 months since 0.C, don’t you think it’s kinda time for 0.D? please, don’t be like Toady releasing new version once in a few years, sure such rare updates are big and full of content, but it’s just too freaking long time
not everybody play experimental, it’s not very friendly for a long game, but at a same time you can’t just ignore all those new features what been added and stick to the last stable version, it’s just too much to pass by
maybe some kind of compromise and consistency in releases? like every 2-4 month compile a new stable?

Closing up for another stable is considerable effort.
We currently have a lot of mechanics-altering PRs that would all have to be halted.

I’m pretty close to getting experimental 3D vision working, just don’t have the time to finish it. It would be a nice milestone for next stable.

there is no way it has been 9 months since last stable anyhow. This game is modded way to fast for us to only be >here< since .c stable release.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:56, topic:9094”]Closing up for another stable is considerable effort.
We currently have a lot of mechanics-altering PRs that would all have to be halted.

I’m pretty close to getting experimental 3D vision working, just don’t have the time to finish it. It would be a nice milestone for next stable.[/quote]

OMG! I hope I am understanding you correctly but, if so, that will be the shizzle!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You are understanding correctly. I can’t wait to see it ^.^ ganna be so epic.

Closing up for another stable is considerable effort.

I’m pretty close to getting experimental 3D vision working, just don’t have the time to finish it. It would be a nice milestone for next stable.[/quote]

There’s a ton that has changed since 0.C though.
I just switched to experimental and i’m much less frustrated with this version.
FWIW, I think there would be better player retention if this happened.