Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.C Cooper released. (now with translations)

Thank you for the information, i2amroy!

This game is getting better and better, and it’s awesome how many have stuck at it and stayed working on it.

I’d like to make games, and would love to contribute… 'cept I don’t know feck all C++ and so wouldn’t have much to contribute :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice one, you dudes rule.

[quote=“Wayfarer, post:22, topic:9094”]This game is getting better and better, and it’s awesome how many have stuck at it and stayed working on it.

I’d like to make games, and would love to contribute… 'cept I don’t know feck all C++ and so wouldn’t have much to contribute :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice one, you dudes rule.[/quote]

Dames too, thx. I know at least three involved in this one, another whose save-compatibility and mapgen work are still in use several versions after she’d left.

And I didn’t know fuck-all* C++ when I started. We’ll help you if you’re willing to learn.

*“Fuck” is an expletive, not a slur. Feel free to use responsibly.

Acidia and Rivet are dames, who’s the third one?

Huh, hadn’t known re Acidia, so make that four, w00t! Was thinking AllisonW and Aenye; regrettably they aren’t around much anymore. :frowning:

Pretty sure acidia is male.

Awesome! I’ve got my best survivor going in .B. Time to upgrade, Turn on and Crank up the 5 engine APC as fast as she’ll go, Explosion-stain I can make. Then watch it in Deathcam.

Cuz it’s always more fun to start over in these anyways. Specially when you name the vehicle “RoadKill Delivery System”

edit

I’m 10 minutes in and loving it. (Still need to make that X on the map though)

Chesthole tileset (the spite code use is awesome), love the marksman change, the skill up with mods too. Tosses cookies to everyone that coded, created, gave up ideas, tested and inspired

[quote=“bubbadoo14, post:17, topic:9094”]Man this is cool, 0.C is out already! What sucks is i found out while playing that my shift key’s suddenly went kaput and won’t work, both of my shift keys. Sticky keys is not on or anything. This makes me unable to use about half of the keys for DDA!

EDIT: Redundency was redundent, also I corrected the capitalization and grammar while on a school computer.[/quote]

use your CAPS key

QUESTIONS!
From the changelog:
“Flu shot that actually innoculates against flu.”

1. How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and “turn off” just like that? snaps fingers
  2. Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can’t catch a flu even if he tried?
  3. Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:29, topic:9094”]1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and “turn off” just like that? snaps fingers
2) Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can’t catch a flu even if he tried?
3) Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?[/quote]

1. Forever.
  2. Yes, it’s 100% protection from coming down with the flu ever again, but you can still catch a cold.
  3. Only if your character is dumb enough to believe the anti-vaxxing conspiracy nuts. (Which is to say, no; you can’t lower your INT stat that far.)

[quote=“Rivet, post:30, topic:9094”][quote=“BeerBeer, post:29, topic:9094”]1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and “turn off” just like that? snaps fingers
2) Does the flu shot provide 100% immunity, meaning that the player can’t catch a flu even if he tried?
3) Also, on a less serious note, is there any chance of catching autism from a flu shot?[/quote]

1. Forever.
  2. Yes, it’s 100% protection from coming down with the flu ever again, but you can still catch a cold.
  3. Only if your character is dumb enough to believe the anti-vaxxing conspiracy nuts. (Which is to say, no; you can’t lower your INT stat that far.)[/quote]

Heyoooooo! Rivet on point up in this thread. |D Hey again guys, I’m still sorta semi on hiatus? But I’m glad to see 0.C is out now! I’ll definitely get some videos done with the stable version soon, promise! I may even take a peek at the Chesthole tileset, although Retrodays/BLB are still my favourites, especially because of my use of custom sprites.

Hello, how do I install that? Can I keep my game from 0.B? Thanks !

Yes, you can keep your 0.B game and you install it the same way you did 0.B.

Grats guys. I am very impressed that people are keeping with this so consistently for so long. Its what 3 years now since DDA started and you guys are still adding vast numbers a features. I think this is the most active open source game programming group out there. You must love to code. I work as a DBA. The last thing I want to do after work is sit down and do technical things. I am burned out.

Anyway, what made you decide to package up another release. The experimental is typically pretty stable. I believe Kevin said having an official releae is an awful lot of work.

We need a reasonable release cadence for a few reasons. A major one is a sync point for translations and tilesets, so that people who play in other languages or with tiles can play a recent version. Similarly, with the number of features we’re adding, we want to get stable versions out and get feedback from the ‘less adventurous’ parts of the community that don’t play experimental verisions.

Anyone know when somone will compile out a MAC OSX version of the current build? The one on the web page is 0.A version. Unless the build instructions are pretty simple for MAC. Then I can just compile it up and if there is a good place to put it I can upload it somewhere. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Chezzo, post:3, topic:9094”]Hooray, it includes my tileset!

I’ve got lot of things that are only in 0.C, plus loads of armor and weapons what appear on your character when you wear them. Plus mutations! And lots more!

Check it out in the tileset list, or over here.[/quote]

I’ve been using your tileset, and I like it, though I can’t figure out why the normal zombies are short, squat little humanoids instead of adult sized. That’s really my only curiosity… That and rocks are harder to see now then they were using MShock, but that’s just me adjusting to the new set :wink:

[quote=“Rivet, post:30, topic:9094”][quote=“BeerBeer, post:29, topic:9094”]1) How long does the effect last? Forever? Or does the protection fade over time? Or does it expire and “turn off” just like that? snaps fingers

1. Forever.[/quote]
    But flu virus can mutate. Id say flu shot must protect for 1 year, and than fade out. And dont work again even if you find another flu shot, cause production of new is stoped and old protects only against old virus mutations.

The game can get rather fidgety about tracking effects that last for such long periods of time, so it’s permanent.

Also you’ve got to keep in mind that its reservoir population has been massively reduced, so mutations will come at a far slower rate.

I decide to pop by and see if there was a new version, and poof, there it is. Mad props to the devs and everyone involved.