Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.C Cooper released. (now with translations)

I was pretty happy with how iso looked, but not so much what it did to my playing. Hope 3-D is nicer to mistake-capable people like me.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to do so. It is my understanding that this game is still in the developmental stages. What all would you like to have functioning before you consider it to be a complete game, with which you can always build upon, update, and mod later on?

I guess I’d consider it a “complete” game at this point, especially the experimentals. Though “complete-complete” Fully “understandable” NPC’s that interact and move about in a fasion that is not explicitly "Hi I am a stupid AI, I run into fire, kill myself and others with friendly fire, not because I made a mistake but because I don’t know better, and do other insane things, not because I am an insane character, but because I am NPC.

As well as a fully implemented quest sytem, that when you “finish” feels like you have saved humanity from the immediate threat of complete annihilation (for the time being) with the minimum of whatever group you are helping (or alternately have accomplished whatever “long term goal” your character had.) AKA became ruler of the mycus or whatever, Mass murderer and ruler of the human portion of the world etc… (whatever player X wants to accomplish, to consider the game largely “won”) and the NPC’s fully recognize at least the main portions of this. AKA "Oh, your THAT guy, (mass murderer, leader of the mutant peoples, wandering bad-ass, “president” of the New United States of the Cataclysm, savior/profit of peoples with outlook Y, etc.) and respond with the correct amount of fear/ thankfulness/awe/respect/challenges/anger & spitefulness that your accomplishments/ lack there of, warrant.

The guys are actually REALLY close to that if not already accomplished (minus tweaks) to that already. So in answer… Yea. It is “complete” with more additions/content on the way.

so… today kinda one year since last stable, i’m not saying anything, but is there any ETA for the next one somewhere on the horizon? maybe some sort of milestone you guys want to reach before popping one out?
sure people here talked about 3D and NPCs, but it’s kinda long goals for a future 1.0 version is it not? cuz i sometimes browse through commits on github, and i’m seeing there everything besides those things

There are a set of 0.D milestone issues on github.

That’s 6 out of 45, folks! :wink:
CDDA 0.D Milestones

so it’s just 7 more years to make it 45, nice, and i was worried…

I predict a release before 2017.

Wanna put some money down on that? :smiley:

I’d like to revise my prediction by changing 2017 to 2019.

Seems too easy now. :stuck_out_tongue:

nah 2017 is possible still.

the ‘new mechanics’ simply need to be functional, not 200℅ operational

I’m pushing pretty hard for that 0.D. It looks like we may have it out before ~may.
Only ~2 blocker issues are really hard: mapgen special guaranteeing (ie. “always generate bandit camp”) and sensible defaults for reloads. The latter mostly due to how “volatile” our UI tends to be.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:71, topic:9094”]I’m pushing pretty hard for that 0.D. It looks like we may have it out before ~may.
Only ~2 blocker issues are really hard: mapgen special guaranteeing (ie. “always generate bandit camp”) and sensible defaults for reloads. The latter mostly due to how “volatile” our UI tends to be.[/quote]

Also there is one more thing:

Range for all guns now capped for 30 tiles. It should not be forgotten.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:71, topic:9094”]I’m pushing pretty hard for that 0.D. It looks like we may have it out before ~may.
Only ~2 blocker issues are really hard: mapgen special guaranteeing (ie. “always generate bandit camp”) and sensible defaults for reloads. The latter mostly due to how “volatile” our UI tends to be.[/quote]

Support. The latest experimentals are a world ahead of 0.C in content and usability, so a stable for this year would be greatly appreciated.

The download URLs are down.

I think you can still get it from here for Windows Tiles: https://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-promoted/Windows_x64/Tiles/cataclysmdda-0.C-2834.zip