Release candidate for 0.B

[size=14pt]It’s [size=20pt]REALLY[/size]time[/size]

Build #2395 is the latest release candidate for 0.B (Release name TBD as usual)
You can download it from these locations*:

Please run these builds through the wringer, and let us know if you run across anything that breaks the game by posting here (an issue on github is nice too).
The release is most likely happening TODAY, if there’s a critical bug, please post about it NOW.

*I’ll periodically update these links as we fix bugs, or if you normally grab latest experimental anyway, just grab that.

oh yay closing in on a new stable build i see? I hope the major bugs are found and removed before release.

Got about two more blockers and each has someone hard at work. In the interval, we’ve merged some more fixes, too.

Oh, hopefully I manage to finish off the remaining 168 German strings before release.

VlasovVitaly (lazycat-rus, I think?) just put the .pot update through. Haven’t frozen strings yet but that’ll likely happen as soon as the two last blockers get in.

[quote=“Elidor VON”]That’s really piss me off. Especially when i have an active mutations.

[spoiler]
This is my MUTATIONS screen.

I’ve tried to manually reassign everything.

But then i save-load and everything just as it was before.
[/spoiler][/quote]

That’s understandably frustrating. That said, you appear to have posted the first picture again as the third one. Careful!

Update: Confirmed. Mutation keybinds are assigned properly on chargen/mutation, but not saved/loaded properly. When you load, they all a out. Thanks for reporting.

Call it Obie. Because 0.B.

… I can stop stalking the github? Heresy!

Heh, funny thing about feature freezes, people don’t stop working on things, they just stop getting merged, so there’s a flood of features right after a release.

Damn! Just when I have a character that is starting to get a foothold in zombie apocalypse…

Great new ! So how does it work ? I should play with 2287 ? You say, contine to play with the lastest (2294 now) ? The Experimentals are features freezed, only bugs fixed ?

Thanks.

[quote=“Tchey, post:11, topic:7681”]Great new ! So how does it work ? I should play with 2287 ? You say, contine to play with the lastest (2294 now) ? The Experimentals are features freezed, only bugs fixed ?

Thanks.[/quote]

Latest is best. We’re cutting back on new stuff and focusing on polishing what we’ve got; hard freeze hasn’t happened yet but we’re getting there. There are two release-blocker issues pending, and each has someone already on it. Once those issues are resolved, we’ll likely bring the freeze and call in the translators and tileset artists.

Latest is best. We're cutting back on new stuff and focusing on polishing what we've got; hard freeze hasn't happened yet but we're getting there. There are two release-blocker issues pending, and each has someone already on it. Once those issues are resolved, we'll likely bring the freeze and call in the translators and tileset artists.

Whoa, does that mean we will get the post-death-cam with this stable release? Awesome!
Who is working on it?

Thank you for the clarifications. What about the z-level for some buildings ? Will i be able to throw a zombie previously put on fire, from a 3rd floor window and see it crashing on a car parked on the street ?

Did you look at X@COM ? The engine is quite impressive, with destructible buildings and some z-levels.

I’d strongly recommend switching to build 2293 or 2294, as the former fixes a super-common crash that every time the player’s armor gets damaged.

http://www.filedropper.com/odem save file for 2294, if you pick up the jeans youre standing on, and try to cut them up with wielded combat knife, game crashes every time.
tested on ubuntu

[quote=“Tchey, post:14, topic:7681”]Thank you for the clarifications. What about the z-level for some buildings ? Will i be able to throw a zombie previously put on fire, from a 3rd floor window and see it crashing on a car parked on the street ?

Did you look at X@COM ? The engine is quite impressive, with destructible buildings and some z-levels.[/quote]
Z-levels are still a fair ways off. There’s at least one person that I know of currently working on them, and there are still some rather nice cash rewards for whoever finishes them to the required specifications, but they are still a ways off.

Other game engines, while certainly impressive, don’t solve our problem here, which is that there is a large amount of not-very-good code from the old systems that everything else depends on. As such you need to be able to update that, while still providing compatibility with the rest of the game.

Looking forward to this. Keep up the good work.

Maybe have a link to the bounty page on the front page of the site? I don’t feel it gets enough attention that there are BIG CASH PRIZES to be had here.

The game is crashing when you try to cut clothes that have been reinforced, also scissors seem to crash the game if you try to cut something that has a material that it can cut and other that it not, like leather/kevlar. Tested on version 2295 windows console.

Also, I could have a look in that z-level stuff (or any programming related issue you might need help with), I don’t have much experience with game development but at least I could check it out and for the moment I have some spare time to kill.

And keep up with the awesome work!!!