Brown Like Bears Tileset [Edit of Retrodays] Another version!

Did you ever realign the stairs sprite or did I mess up when I got the newest version of brownlikebears?

Hmm… it’s actually possible that i did that. As i have everything in the same layer, i have to be really careful not to screw up anything.

Maybe when i fixed the stairs to look to the other side i may have have screwed up something? If you post a pic, i’d be grateful.

they just look the same as they always have. (you still want screenshot?) Wasn’t sure if you’d gotten around to 180ing the stairs yet or not. Knowing which key to press > or < is really important to me for some reason… Oh actually I do have valid reason. When I get a little laggy cuz I got 50 things running in background I don’t like going updown cuz I thought I had pressed wrong one first time. Thanks again stop signal.

Ohh, yeah, i fixed them! It’s ok now!

huh must have re-got the old tile set somehow… Or just mistaken. Maybe something goofy when I merged old save and new version. Thanks.

(edit)
Oh I think I see what you did. You made them both face > so now both keys are wrong instead of just one XD
Looks like if you flip both of them both <, > keys will correctly go up or down the stairs. If you see what I mean… Or maybe I am still on old vera of brownlikebears?

releasing bigger tileset will be best, but i can’t wait for it :smiley:
maybe your tutorial will do the job. so please give me the link

Here is the tut!

"
In any case, if there is an update to the tileset, and you want the new tileset instead of this one, but need to resize it, it’s pretty easy to fix:

First you have to go to the tileset’s folder, and find “tile_config”.

Just at the start of the file you will see this:

{
“tile_info”:
[
{
“height”: 24,
“width”: 24
}
],

You have to change the value of “height” and “width” to the size you like to use for each tile. Have in mind that you should generally use double the size or something like that, to avoid losing quality. Also pick a number that is easy to use. Because i doubled the height and width of the tileset, i used in “height” and “width” 48 instead of 24. Remember, do not change anything else, ONLY the numbers. Not even that comma. Only the numbers, or it will fail to read the tileset.

After having saved the file, you have “tiles.png” and “fallback.png”. You have to open those in photoshop or the program you have (but i really suggest photoshop because is the only one i know were you can resize without losing quality) and then you resize it.

Because i doubled the height and width of the tileset, i will double the size the size of the two images.
In photoshop, you have to go to Image… then to Image Size, and then you will see a window like this:

Put those exact values if you want it double. If you want it to not lose image quality, at the dropdown menu in the down part, use “Nearest Neighbour”.

Then you save all files, and play! It’s really easy, just three minutes! (:"

And [quote=“Litppunk, post:165, topic:7696”]huh must have re-got the old tile set somehow… Or just mistaken. Maybe something goofy when I merged old save and new version. Thanks.

(edit)
Oh I think I see what you did. You made them both face > so now both keys are wrong instead of just one XD
Looks like if you flip both of them both <, > keys will correctly go up or down the stairs. If you see what I mean… Or maybe I am still on old vera of brownlikebears?[/quote]

That’s… A new level of dumbness from my part. Sorry, I guess I’ll have to give a quick fix!

Let me some time until I grab the PC, so I can do that. School sucks.

Man, I keep seeing activity on this thread, and I keep hoping it’s a new release! When I am playing this game for fun, (instead of wandering around with my character ASCII KILLER until I find a letter and getting rid of it. Followed closely by making guns with my hands and blowing the smoke out of my finger), I play with YOUR tileset.

I think this set is AWESOME.

Woahhh, that’s actually really, really flattering! d:

I’ll try yo update when I can! Most provably in the next week, that there are no classes and no nothing. Look up to that!

Ding! it works as good as fine.
Thnks mate :slight_smile:

[quote=“StopSignal, post:169, topic:7696”]Woahhh, that’s actually really, really flattering! d:

I’ll try yo update when I can! Most provably in the next week, that there are no classes and no nothing. Look up to that![/quote]

I’ll just wait for the next release, then. Your pack is this only tileset that is both easy on the eyes and allows for a quick recognition of most objects and monsters in the game while still giving you a very big field of view.

Ouh, this thing. It pains me that i did not continue it, it really does. I’m sorry for the people that liked it, i wish i had not stopped. That’s part of my name, though. I won’t continue it -you must have doubled the content of the game already- but it was fun while it lasted.

Aw. Is there no amount of armchair support that would encourage you to continue working on this?
At any rate, I appreciate that you created it in the first place. It’s a good tileset.

Thanks, it really means a lot.

I guess one day i will try the new features, become engaged with the game again and complete it, but for now i want to rest from it.

It could happen, maybe, to try those new sound features, at least, hahaha.

Scratch what i said, it’s coming back!

Well, don’t actually expect me to finish it. But at least it will be able to work more accordingly in the new versions (i had to fix everything) and it will have some cool new stuff, specially i’ll try to add as much overlays as possible.

AWESOME! I am so psyched.

Hahahah, thanks you two!
I should probably make a release with the fixed walls and things (they didn’t work in this version, so I had to fix them)

This release won’t have much new, but at least it will be compatible.

Is it broken 'cause wall_v and wall_h being merged into wall? That’s an easy fix (once you know what happened.)

Yeah, hahahah. That and glass and a buch of other things. The thing id that other people won’t try to fix it themselves or even know how to do it!