Jack's 16x Tileset (Released!)

Hello, guys.
I’m new to the forums, but I come bearing gifts! Well, this isn’t in a releasable state, though…
Anyway, this is more getting opinions and feedback, at the moment.

It’s finally playable! A lot of the items and a few of the tiles aren’t done, but you should be able to play the game without having issue using this tileset.
Here are a couple of screenshots:

I made a mistake and the top of the console is purple. :frowning:

Here’s a download link: Mediafire DL
Just throw that into the gfx folder and then add this to the gfx.json:

#JACK'S TILESET JSON: gfx/JackTileset/tile_config.json TILESET: gfx/JackTileset/jtiles.png

Anyway, that’s all I have to show for now. Give me some feedback if you guys can. :slight_smile:
Also, big thanks for SirHoder, as I referenced his tileset for mine, as I didn’t know all the tiles I needed to make.
I also ripped out his item sprites as placeholders while I make those. :0

I like it! I also wish you luck on making sprites. Also,

Welcome to the Cataclysm.

AMAZING!

It looks

AWWWWWWWWESOME

!

Plus everything pops out so well.

Thanks, guys! It’s nice to hear that people like it. :smiley:

[quote=“Kaet”]The only thing thing that stood out to me was that all the zombies were looking to the right.
That just seem odd to me for some reason. Maybe some more forward, non-directional facing?[/quote]
Hm… maybe. I might try it out with some special zombies. I was thinking of flipping a few random zombies, so they don’t face the same way the character does.
But, y’know, one thing that would be on my wishlist for tileset support is being able to set multiple sprites to a single thing and that it randomly decide which one to use per instance of the thing. Then I’d have a bunch of different sprited zombies.

Also, just for fun, here’s a bunch of items I just finished working on. Ignore the placeholder stolen Hoder graphics. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought duct tape was silver?
Anyways, I’d like to ask what program you’ve been using to make these thingies.

[quote=“Derschlact, post:6, topic:3257”]I thought duct tape was silver?
Anyways, I’d like to ask what program you’ve been using to make these thingies.[/quote]
There’s no duct tape in that image. :o

Also, I use GraphicsGale for the spriting.
It’s shareware, but the only thing buying gets you is the ability to save .gifs and animate cursors.
EDIT: Whoops, forgot the link. Here: http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/

I like it, it is clean, simple, nice, and user friendly. But please change that blood. It hurts.

Any suggestions for the blood? It’s been kinda bugging me, too, and I have an idea to change it, but feedback is good.

A couple more things, I made the fluids.

Pool water, shallow water, deep water, sewage, and lava.

Also, I’m currently replacing Hoder’s placeholder with my own placeholders and I’ll try to get this uploaded later tonight.

In that case I’m an idiot and I thought bandages looked like tape. Darn me.

On a related note, the liquids look great. Bile could use some work though.

Well, i got this blood.

Over the squirrel, first column.
it looks great both in floor (looks like watched in a 3D kind of sight) and in walls (looks like a splatter)

Looks cool!

[quote=“StopSignal, post:11, topic:3257”]Well, i got this blood.

Over the squirrel, first column.
it looks great both in floor (looks like watched in a 3D kind of sight) and in walls (looks like a splatter)[/quote]

Based on your and Dershlact’s post, I decided to redo the “ground” fluids, which means the acid, blood, and bile.
Let me know what you think:

I’m still not happy with the boomer bile, though. Probably going to redo it again tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I was going to release the pack tonight, but after replacing all the placeholders with my own, I remembered that cars were thing.
In case anyone was wondering, here’s what the car section of my tileset looks like at the moment:

EDIT: I just realized that I only had gore bloodsplatters on that first screenshot. Whoops.
Bonus picture:

I like it a lot. Hey, what about making bile looking like purple bubbles in the floor? It would not look so squarish. Can you try that? (i could, i just don’t wanna do anything wight now)

That sounds good.
Also, I’ve been working on car tiles. I’m not entirely done with them, but here is a car and some chasis:

was gonna tell you not to do them blue, thanks to Mordor you read my mind. If you can make the seats black, even if they are not viewable rite naoh.

Hehe, I just googled the most popular car color and went with that.
Also the seats are black:
The game, for some reason, is drawing the frame over the seat. :
Same with the trunk.

I see. Great car, btw.

Woo, here we go. This set is in a playable state now, so I’m going to go ahead and release it in its current state.

Here’s a download link: Mediafire DL
Just throw that into the gfx folder and then add this to the gfx.json:

#JACK'S TILESET JSON: gfx/JackTileset/tile_config.json TILESET: gfx/JackTileset/jtiles.png

EDIT: Crap, I found a couple of problems that I’ve gotta fix real quick.
EDIT2: It’s been fixed!

Grabbing this!