Brown Like Bears Tileset [Edit of Retrodays] Another version!

[center]
[/center]

UPDATE! Or more like “renewed for the new version”!

But hey, it has got some new clothes and fixed the NPCs positions so the clothes look well on them. So yeah, i hope you like it! Don’t expect to see much new stuff, apart for the new zombies and the clothes, but at least it got actualized now.

Woo! I like Retrodays, don’t get me wrong, but it kinda hurts the eyes after a few minutes. Dunno if it’s just me.

Aside. Thank you for bringing it back, I might just be able to play for an extended period of time now :smiley:

Hahaha, that was one of the reasons i could not play RetroDays. There is a version with a lighter background, and when i could not find it, i painted the backgound of a different color and that was how this tileset got started.

However, maybe i should change the ultra orange backgorund of the tileset for a more subtle brown.

EDIT: Also, glad you liked it d:

I created an account on the forums after being a Lurker for a long, long time to make this comment. I just wanted to say amazing job with this tileset, keep up the great work!

Could you please make an update for the newest experimentals? They screwed up the jsons somehow. :frowning:

Nooo? Again?

Sorry i am not giving this the time it should have. I can’t give enough time to this forum, even. If i knew i would not have enough time i would have not embarked on this.

So, it directly does not work or it has some weird tiles? Describe me your problem, please. Sorry to have taken so long.

And thanks a lot, Fitzgerald. It’s really, really appreciated. Few people know how much work goes to a tileset!

I remember reading a post about the changes to the tile_config.json file, yet for the life of me I cannot find that post.

Anyway, it has something to do with file references going from this:
“file”: “gfx/BrownLikeBears/tiles.png”,

To this:
“file”: “tiles.png”,

I made a screenshot of the error message cata gives, but couldnt attach it, as the “upload folder is full”. Damn lazy admins.

Anyway, when I go to settings, select BrownLikeBears and save options, I get black screen with this message:
“Loading the tileset failed: Failed to open tile info json: gfx//BrownLikeBears/BrownLikeBears/tile_config.json”

I tried to fix this myself, but couldn’t figure it out. Not as easy as it first looked.

Hmm. It should be an incredibly easy fix. I may look into the other’s confug files and check how it’s done. Wait for me to get to the pc!

This looks INSANELY nice, I REALLY hope its included in the vanilla game!

Working a bit in this thing! At least to bring it to the new version, that apparently touched the tileset definitions a bit.
It won’t bring much stuff really, but i guessed that if i should make it work again, then i should add at least some stuff!

Man, this is great news, this is like the best tileset, i was really sad when it stopped working.

Hnnng

Fixing some of the walls that didn’t have tiles assigned to them, and making a few tiles more! I want to have almost all walls done, at least. And if possible, most of the “terrain” ones! Specially the trees.

I’ll try to give a shot to the furniture tiles. But in this months a lot of tiles have been added so i’ll to see!

A new version! Woo hoo! I have had to quell the fire in my heart with Hitbutton_iso. You should check that one out StopSignal, you might be able to move stuff over.

Guy who did it, great guy, did it with a nod to retrodays, but totally from scratch.

1 Like

That sounds interesting! I haven’t checked that one out yet, I didn’t even know it existed! Will check it when I get home d:

Sorry people, family visits and a weird Photoshop DLL problem kept me from continuing much, which is sad, because now my holidays are over. But I’ll try to progress all I can! Don’t expect much, however, as the programming test is here and I got a lot of work to do for it. So yeah, busy times!

The last thing I did were the trees. There should be no more 7s around there. Ohhh, if I could only make all terrain tiles before publishing it! I’ll try to make most clothes I can as well, but for now I have barely started trying to make starting professions have all clothes at starting, but no promises at all!

No problem dude.

I also think there might have been another version of retrodays while you weren’t looking, might add the terrain you are looking for.

But if you have to move everything to a new version, hitbutton is pretty groovy.

It also uses a lot, (because hitbutton made it) arrays as tile ids, which saves loads of time.

Also, you know about using arrays as foregrounds on a “rotates true”, will let you specify the four rotations? It is how I do my walls and such, and is a must for iso.

And do you know you can add random tiles for things, and set the weights of that randomness?

I just wish it were in the game and I didn’t have to download it! Let me know if you have problems gitting it up. Half finished tilesets are welcome, especially one as good as yours.

1 Like

This, though, doesn’t seem to work on tiles that have a rotating array. It’ll work on ones I don’t specify for rotating, but not for any tile group that has a rotating array. I could be wrong, but I can’t make it work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry sorry sorry i was going to answer earlier but i got so much work between class and programming i can barely get into range of a keyboard that isn’t the one of my computer in programming class. I had checked in the phone, but i really dislike typing good answers there. So hi!

[quote=“Chezzo, post:197, topic:7696”]No problem dude.

I also think there might have been another version of retrodays while you weren’t looking, might add the terrain you are looking for.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll add them myself for now, though. I basically finished all walls, it’s just 10 more or less terrain images that need to be done.

[quote=“Chezzo, post:197, topic:7696”]But if you have to move everything to a new version, hitbutton is pretty groovy.

It also uses a lot, (because hitbutton made it) arrays as tile ids, which saves loads of time.[/quote]

That sounds delicious. I wish there was a tool that would look for names with repeated tiles and make arrays. Some day i will know how to code that.

I knew something like that had to be in the game! Sadly making all my walls look nice now would be a huge load of work, but it’s really nice to know.

[quote=“Chezzo, post:197, topic:7696”]And do you know you can add random tiles for things, and set the weights of that randomness?

I just wish it were in the game and I didn’t have to download it! Let me know if you have problems gitting it up. Half finished tilesets are welcome, especially one as good as yours.[/quote]

Thanks a lot d:
Well, apart from items it’s mostly done! I just really need to get this obligatory test finished, and then i may put all my effort into this.
That also sounds incredible. Specially for grass, rocks, and things that would look better when random. And maybe make some broken sidewalk tiles and different shrubs.

This, though, doesn’t seem to work on tiles that have a rotating array. It’ll work on ones I don’t specify for rotating, but not for any tile group that has a rotating array. I could be wrong, but I can’t make it work. :P[/quote]

Damn. Luckily i wasn’t planning on making them work, but it’s really nice to know. Thanks a lot, you two! You are great.

SO I ACCIDENTALLY SAVED OVER ALL THE WORK OF THE PREVIOUS DAY. SORRY, I’M FRUSTRATED. I’ll draw them again tomorrow if i can, but i had done like 20 tiles and 20 overlays.