Brown Like Bears Tileset [Edit of Retrodays] Another version!

There is more people like you needed around here, indeed!
Also I saw that this are your first posts. Welcome to the forums! Have a really nice stay here!

Yeah welcome CzarSquid!

I will hold off till it’s been updated later today before I give it a go but looks very appealing, been trying to hold off for the next stable release since I usually play the experimentals but I caved in a week ago and started playing again :confused: lol

Sorry for still not updating, with all the problems it totally slipped from my head. I’ll do it when I do this other thing

No worries from me at least, kid went to bed so I decided to follow suit rather than staying up to play lol :frowning:

[center]
[/center]

This one has all the terrain and enemies. It just needs the furniture and items!

Also, i’ll start to look into that paperdoll code… seems fun. Got inspired by Chezzo’s tileset.

Yay, I was thinking of doing paper dolls for your tile set myself someday. I’m really glad you are doing them instead. Don’t forget about your girl character’s ponytail. I didn’t take into account that my dude had a bigger haircut than the girl and it caused problems.

Man oh man, I love that first row of people in the wall there. Is that a fungal wall? My fungal wall is only one tile, now I gotta go fix it.

The second row, that’s a spiked pit, right? Do spiked pits appear with more than one tile, making the corner/center/edge/T/end stuff necessary? What about the other traps? (I really don’t know, I just started playing.)

Hey, if you want to use anything from my tile set, you go right ahead. I mean, you’ll have to scrape off 16 pixels, get rid of the outline and discard most of the color information, so I prolly wouldn’t be able to tell.

Your tile set rules. Someday when CDDA comes out for phones with tiles, your set will be perfect.

Looks like a corpse-filled pit there, and IMO it works pretty well with the rest. Look out, they might rez any minute now…

(Side note: DDA is CC-BY-SA, so if your tileset is merged anyone can use it without asking permission, so long as they leave your name in the credits and don’t try to stop others from following suit.)

Woah, i’m really flattered here, wow!

Hahahaha, thanks! And thanks for the advice! Also that would have been pretty awesome. Maybe i will need some help with the code, so hey, you are still invited! Help between artists always helps both, because it’d mean you could totally ask me for something and i’d be right there.

The fungal wall is actually pretty simple, just a white and gray checkered tile. That is the body filled pit! They appear at FEMA camps and when too much bodies fall in a pit, IRRC. Though i am not really sure about that last part.

As i used the awesome RetroDays tilest as a placeholder, i had to abide to how Antistar (The person behind it) coded it, and he did the connections for the pits, so i just went wild with them!

I will keep that in mind, man! It would be really helpful. As i said, you can ask me anything, about tiles or monsters or things, or even help with the drawings, and i’ll go!

Yours too, really. Watching how the clothes were on the character was delightful, drooling over here. A serious lot of work. (:

And yes… Oh, we can only dream for now! I mean, there is that version, but it’s seriously bad optimized. I appreciate the whole work over it, but it’s just unplayable in my phone.
It should be like the one Nethack hack, with zoom and a really simple interface. That zoom was sexy.

"(Side note: DDA is CC-BY-SA, so if your tileset is merged anyone can use it without asking permission, so long as they leave your name in the credits and don’t try to stop others from following suit.)"
Though i guess i’d be hurted if people take everything with their name and tell that it’s specifically theirs, as long as they say it’s a continuation, expansion and even awesomification of the tileset, i’d be more than happy! It’d mean that i actually achieved in helping the community and making something people like.

Good job Stop,i’m proud of you! çwç

Yeah,i’m back only for download your tileset XD but next time (maybe friday or saturday) i’ll come back with a lots of new drawings about C:DDA :wink:

[quote=“Dark Star, post:129, topic:7696”]Good job Stop,i’m proud of you! çwç

Yeah,i’m back only for download your tileset XD but next time (maybe friday or saturday) i’ll come back with a lots of new drawings about C:DDA ;)[/quote]

So nice to see you!
And thanks, hahahah. It’s indeed a lot of work! Also, totally wanting to see those drawings. Been a long time since you gifted us your last one!
Have fun with this thing, and hope you hop around here later! (:

StopSignal, if someone claimed BrownLikeBears was their work you would not only be hurt, but you would also have the right to sue if need be. That’s the BY (Attribution) part of CC-BY-SA. I don’t bother having my name everywhere I’ve touched the game, but then I’m active on Git, which is pretty good about attributing things.

Though i hope we never get to that point, it’s nice to know that, thanks!

I meant, as long as someone knows that it’s yours or you worked on it inside the group, i am pretty sure no problems could never be had in that kind of enviroments, Wich is really good. HAving your name everywhere could be kind of abusive yes, hahaha.

Yeah, that’s why we encourage folks to at least have a Git account and PM us the e-mail so we can set the PR’s author field to the author rather than the PR-preparer. Technically I’m credited as the NIR author, because I didn’t have the info for purplewisp (who compiled most everything, and without whose work NIR wouldn’t have happened; I wrote it up and tweaked several things, but didn’t have the time to pull it together). :-/ But we know it was purplewisp.

That’s what i say!

I have an account though, even if i never actually used it.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:134, topic:7696”]That’s what i say!

I have an account though, even if i never actually used it.[/quote]

Then when you get Brown Like Bears onto Git, if you’re having someone else PR it rather than using your account to do so yourrself, still PM us (me, most likely, but Kevin and Rivet also merge) the account name and e-mail you used so we can assign the authorship to you.

Noted! Thanks man.

Isn’t it possible to make the monsters, npcs and the player icons to blend their background with the floor tiles like in Mshock?

It’s totally possible, and rather easy to do.

I made it to Mae them easy to distinguish, as clarity of what you are seeing is always really important.

Hmmm.
I guess I could try taking it away just ice to sew how it’d look, just for you!

When I get some time, I’ll try!

That’d be lovely! :slight_smile: I’ve been stalking the forums for a while without registering, but I really love your tilest, so I had to register to ask that question. :slight_smile: It looks so nice and funny. I especially love the main character face. It has become a bit of a joke with my girlfriend to draw every single thing with that face (hats, people, balloons dogs or birds everything. )

But as I said the brown background breaks the immersion a little bit for me.

Awhhhh, that’s so cute, man. (:

Sure! I’m waking up now, give me a time!