Brown Like Bears Tileset [Edit of Retrodays] Another version!

tileset

Is that a chicken walker? I always imagined them to be chicken-colored.

Well, it was red-coloured in the original tileset, so i figured i’d leabe it like that in case someone gets confused. i am trying to make this the most easily to read. At least in terms of monsters. I will have some liberty with items.

Giant bee is my favorite, right next to the blobs. I really like the depth that shiny lighting gives them.
Also that Jabberwock. Or at least I assume it’s a Jabberwock from its color and general freakish look.

You might just convert me from ascii-purist to tile-user, StopSignal.

[quote=“Nighthawk, post:83, topic:7696”]Giant bee is my favorite, right next to the blobs. I really like the depth that shiny lighting gives them.
Also that Jabberwock. Or at least I assume it’s a Jabberwock from its color and general freakish look.

You might just convert me from ascii-purist to tile-user, StopSignal.[/quote]

Then i will be a really happy person again!
Actually, those are malformed bodies and crawlers, but the jabberwock is indeed like that. Just a bit more… epic? In my opinion.

Still working! And holidays came! So i am boosted!

Here i am showcasing with pride some of the new ones. Jabby, cop robot and the flesh angel join the tango!
The only new one is the Flesh Angel, but i don’t know, felt the need to show. Next version will have that cutie!

The shading on the copbot… it’s… beautiful…
Also, it kind of looks like it has whiskers. What exactly are those gray protrusions?

[size=6pt]And holy carp that Jabberwock is adorable.[/size]

Ouh, I kinda tried to put… cannons? I don’t quite remember, haha. Cannons, yeah. I should find a way to make them more obvious maybe.

And cute jabby. Oh you :3 (?

OH I SEE THE CANNONS NOW

Sorry, I just didn’t realize the one on the right (our right his left) was coming out of the leg area. I thought both were protruding from the middle-front-ish part, thus they looked like whiskers to me. You actually did a pretty good job making them look like cannons, what with the darkened gray at the openings and whatnot.

Oh, haha. Well, thanks a lot, man! It was quite hard to get a good and original idea for the bot, to be honest. More or less had to edit how it was before and then i ended up modifying it completely. I really like it.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:85, topic:7696”]Still working! And holidays came! So i am boosted!

Here i am showcasing with pride some of the new ones. Jabby, cop robot and the flesh angel join the tango!
The only new one is the Flesh Angel, but i don’t know, felt the need to show. Next version will have that cutie![/quote]

Flesh angel looks like it’s got long pigtails??

Ouhh, haha

Maybe i should try to make them more wing-like!

Or spread them away from the head? Still workable.

And woop WOOP for the copbot. :wink:

Thanks man! d:
Going to try something, to check! It will still look good IMO.

This is not a bad tileset at all :smiley:
Fills a unique feel compared to Retrodays, both have their place. Great stuff xD

Ohhh, thanks! I still got to continúe it though. I think i have like 20 enemy tiles that are fobe but still not uploaded here. Hahaha, I’ll do it later! That was the impulse I needed.

The first impression and reason i like it, is because it reminds me of my “custom” edited Phoebus tileset for Dwarf Fortress.
Dunno if you played that, but there is a sort of colour theme thing as well that a player can mod/customize, and i always liked to put a fairly brownish color theme that basically replaced total blackness with a sort of chocolate brown.
Resulting in the unexplored dirt and caves appearing chocolate in color rather than black, as well as the UI. Gave the game a more easy feel on the eyes for hours on end, staring at warm chocolate rather than emptiness :smiley:

Nothing fancy for this new version because it’s late and all, apart from really lots of apologies of not doing anything new before.
So if someone still uses it:

It has got some new tiles and specially normal creatures. Some fixes, and some items, the most common ones AKA the first ones i saw.

Huh. I might start using tiles a bit, this is kinda adorable with how the critters look.

Hahaha, thanks! I hope you have a good experience! It has many tiles that are still RetroDays though. Wich is awesome too, in a way. (?

Finally got around to installing the tileset, and I have to say, the 45 minutes it took to finally get 8zip and open the .rar file was worth it! :smiley:

[size=4pt]Cataclysm: Orange Days Ahead[/size]