"Ascension mod" or: "Winning DDA: the mod"

mod

Okay so:
Arcana’s been updated pretty often
PK most likely doesn’t run with these setups since the new vanilla smokable changes but thank god the great lads of the unofficial rebalancing have worked that one out along with the calorie changes
and blazemod stuff needs an update real bad

That’s not a lot of work except for the blob parts actually, I could probably do this before the end of the month

Sweet, looking forward to it. PK_A ran fine for me up until the forest-mapgen changes.

I would only ask in the pk update that it re adds acid rain and that the first aid kits and other supplies remain actually useful.

But the acid rain pk restored was a hack that only hurt the player
It was literally targeted painrain just for the hell of it, good old acid rain back in the day used to kill everything (but it was also broken hence why it was removed)

Mainly I wanted it as a reliable source of acid for various things that can be acquired on the move. (rather than taking apart batteries or messing around with salt water)

HI I’ve been trying to load up and run Ascension, but keep getting this error. I’m using the current experimental build (7937) and I’ve deleted and replaced the mod folders.

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//PK’s Rebalance_A/pk_regional_settings.json: line 36:9: “forest_mapgen_settings”: { … } required for default

},
  "boosted_other_percent": 50.0,    "//": "...accounts for this % of total coverage"
  },
    ^
  "map_extras": {      
    "//": "mapping for weighted lists of extras",
    "field": {

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 668

Is there anything I can do to get past it?

you could try swapping out that file for the one in my PK rebalance patch here:

Ended up with another error.

DEBUG : item id moss_relic is unknown

FUNCTION : virtual void Single_item_creator::check_consistency() const
FILE : src/item_group.cpp
LINE : 117

EDIT: Posted too soon, chargen continued after this error. Thanks for the help!