it’s pretty simple, just the basement changes and it werks, although PK did mention carrion changes might need implementation, although in my PK save I do see plague nymphs and their evolved forms, ect
Doing god’s work man
Hello yes hi
It’s that time of the year again where I do the thing I have been meaning to do for several months
I’m currently updating blazemod (the turrets are getting blacklisted until someone manages to implement the new turret code to work with them) and PK ( so it doesn’t crash on startup!) so stay on your toes.
If you update it why not…fix something? Why would you post that you are making an update without fixing something that has an importance to what you plan on updating? What would be the point of an update? 0_o
I think the point is that he’s fixing it so it can actually run rather than crashing with certain turrets. It would be too much unnecessary effort to fix the turrets, so he’s just removing them entirely.
Turrets on a vehicle or turrets on the road like a police blockade?
In either event, I haven’t had any problems with any tank turrets I’ve encountered. I hope he isn’t turning tanks off. Don’t think I’ve ever added a turret to my death mobile…seemed silly =/
Turrets on a vehicle. They cause weirdness sometimes because the way the vanilla game handles vehicle turrets was recently changed but Blazemod had it’s own system, so having old Blazemod in an updated game causes inconsistencies and weird shit happens. The easiest way to fix it is to just remove the turret system added by one of them and keep the other.
The racks are a key example. A lot of BlazeMod turrets run off of racks and racks are basically 60L jugs filled with solids which stopped working a while back
because that’s a lot of actual work
meanwhile the game crashes when you try to run it now and turrets are broken to boot
so right now I’m trying to make it not crash
and yes I’m talking about blazemod’s turrets, not the actual turrets
like, the harpoon gun and hypervelocity drive and ripper and stuff
Ok, I removed more_location as a dependency (it was just to add a few secret doors anyway I just copypasted those into the main mod) and I updated the .json. I got some bug with the bfg vehicle for some reason so I’m gonna need to fix that one too (oh wait that was fixe din nu-PK that’s fine) (oh wait nope that doesn’t work still fuck) (oh wait it does when i use the new pk but I don’t want to do the whole thing where I do the changes again fuck I’ll have to cherrypick again) (OKAY I FIXED IT turns out I hadn’t done a pretty important thing that is moving the actual changed files into the actual mod I was compiling) (oh no but now there’s another bug about damage dice or something) (WHAT IS THIS MONSTER I CAN’T FIND IT BY LOOKING AT THE DICE OH MY GOD WHERE IS IT IT’S LITERALLY THE ONLY LINE THAT GIVES AN ERROR)
Okay so I’m leaving that in
I have no clue what that is I’ve been at this for half an hour looking at something that shouldn’t even exist
off they go
-Removed the more locations mod dependency so it doesn’t clash with PK!
-PK updated so it doesn’t crash at startup!
-Worth the wait (or at least it should work now)
-(IGNORE THE DAMAGE DICE ERROR AT STARTUP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CAUSES THAT I KNOW IT’S PK BUT I CAN’T FIX IT SORRY JUST IGNORE THAT)
Stay tuned for the actual damage die fix
Hi there, @trelatyraelis!
First and foremost, thank you for making this mod; I’m looking forward to finally getting to try it. I just did a git pull from the base repo for CDDA, and then downloaded the latest tgz of Ascension (from about 6 hours ago or so) and tried to run it, but I’m getting two errors:
src/iexamine.cpp:3550 [iexamine_function iexamine_function_from_string(const std::string &)] Could not find an iexamine function matching 'autodoc'!
And yet, when I look, I find it:
src/iexamine.cpp:void iexamine::autodoc( player &p, const tripoint &examp )
The second error I’m getting is regarding the
FIREBALL death function:
invalid monster death function: "FIREBALL"
When I go digging for this, I can find it in both
I feel like I’m missing something small, here. Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance!
Okay, wow do I feel stupid. I had downloaded them, but have been so tired that I forgot to actually compile them. My apologies.
When I have a feeling I’m missing something small, I usually am. :\
As a followup: recompilation did not work, and spewed all kinds of errors. I deleted the base dir and did a full
git clone, then copied the Ascension mods back into the directory. A couple of minor errors, but now we’re good to go!
'Aght good stuff
Still trying and failing to fix the damage_dice_error, that’s the only worldgen error I get when I try to load ascension & Co. I know it’s from PK’s main repo, but I can’t find it for the life of me, there’s no monster that fits the requirements (damage dice 2, morale 30, damage sides 2).
Doesn’t help that the main PK github still doesn’t have the worldgen fixes yet, so I had to pull only the unofficially updated regional_settings.json @dissociativity was so kind to upload. Also I haven’t touched turrets yet (not even blacklisted them). Some still work, but most of them are still completely broken.