Art of the Cataclysm

Just thought that I would start a general thread for art relating to Cataclysm DDA.
I will start things off by posting my weekend project. It’s an image inspired by the game but not something specific from my playthrough.

I call it “Keep walking stranger”, changed from “Just keep on walking stranger” after a suggestion by Damnit-Jenkins, but maybe it should be called “out of stamina” or “the waiting button” ? :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

“Keep walking stranger” sounds like a great title.

Nice work!

1 Like

Awesome price of art!

2 Likes

Sounds like this would basically be a more generic version of that ‘draw you character’ thread. Sounds like a cool idea to me.
Nice bit of art there.

2 Likes

Yes, that was the idea. I couldn’t really put this is in draw your character because it is not. So i thought this kind of thread might be needed.

1 Like

Right you are, sounds better… and thanks.

1 Like

All I got right now. Working on a new one as I write this

3 Likes

Made a personal interpretation of your Maddy Lee Kane character. Hope you don’t mind.

15 Likes

OMG man. Amazing job. Do you take requests? :slight_smile:

Pro skills right there. Pro. Skills.

3 Likes

This is amazing. Thank you so much. Feel free to use her in any scenes you like. :sunglasses::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::smiley:

1 Like

Was just an experiment. Found a 3D model of an octopus last night so I came up with the idea to try to make some tentacle legs out of it. :smiley:

Glad you approve though.

1 Like

Not sure. Maybe if I find that I have some time left over.
Can’t promise anything but what did you have in mind?

1 Like

Well you did a fantastic job. :octopus::octopus::octopus:

1 Like

Well. I didn’t draw the thing as such. Kitbashing from stock 3D models, posing, lighting adding photos of the banjo and saber that I didn’t have 3D models for. Editing it and color correcting in Photoshop followed by a Prisma filter.
I can draw just not at this level.

2 Likes

Its still amazing work dude. Some of us window licking ms paint users trying to google gimp without being distracted by latex suits.

3 Likes

May I ask what program you used

As I didn’t create any assets for this one I used Daz studio for the 3D parts. The lower body with the skirt and tentacles was kind of messy so I ended up rendering tentacles, coat and skirt separately so that I could layer and edit them followed by painting shadows in photoshop. After editing and adding the photo elements I used the Prisma app to generate some filtered images for a more painted feel. Then back to photoshop to combine the filtered image with the original followed by color correction.

Here is one with a transparent background if you want to use some other background for the character.
Just use PhotoShop or Gimp and put the image on a layer above the background. You might need to delete some of the ground shadows to make it sit right.
https://imgur.com/lQJD1zY

3 Likes

Previous thread of this type, linked for posterity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Work sketch.

5 Likes