Any plans for tail holes and such?

The status quo on this is still

and

Briefly, add more detailed info to mutations outlining what is conflicting, what the impact is, and how it can be mitigated, then we can have a tailoring action to apply that mitigation to articles of clothing.

There’s a potentially problematic part I don’t have a solution for, which is when mitigations are appropriate to apply to different articles of clothing.

On the balance side, only some mutations are reasonable to have these mitigations for, and the mitigations are going to have tradeoffs such as lowered coverage and durability.

Then there’s the primary issue, which is that in the last 8 years, no one has as much as attempted to implement this system.

My suspicion is that the people willing to implement said system as I’ve outlined it aren’t interested in doing it, and the people that really want a system for this are put off by the balance goals. Everyone I’ve talked to that said they want to work on this has argued that all mutation penalties and clothing conflicts are solvable, and usually they also argue that it would be trivial to do. When people realize that they aren’t going to be able to completely nullify all mutation drawbacks, they drop it.

1 Like