Android Version

Sideload from https://github.com/a1studmuffin/Cataclysm-DDA-Android/releases
The rating is pretty steep because of some of the game’s content. It’s not available in Australia for that reason.[/quote]
Thx mate, I even tried setting up a vpn, but I was trying to get it from OZ… I understand why it wouldn’t let me either now lol

So awesome. Hammering my way through a (fairly shallow) learning curve to get to play. SQUEEEEEEEE!

Some kind fellow directed me here. I attempted to download the Android version only to find out it’s not available in my country, Australia. And I was wondering if there’s a reason. I can’t buy the drug and violence reason someone suggested because…That’s ridiculous but is there an official reason why Australia is excluded from this version.

Someone also suggested downloading the raw file for the game and installing that way from Github. But obviously if I can do it straight from the play store I’d much rather.

The official reason is that Google has to follow the same rules as other countries regarding games. CDDA has guns, sex toys, drugs, and all sorts of “no-nos” in Australia. Meaning it can’t be downloaded in that region.

Australia is pretty cool in a lot of ways, but their position on censoring games/media is pretty backward.

What a load of total shit. We allow GTA V, But not a top down ASCII strategy game. I think this is Google more than anything. Some moron who didn’t review the games content correct or from a logical stand point.

Use a proxy website and grab it. Plenty of them out there.

As for right clicking using a mouse:
I don’t suppose you could trick the system by setting a code to interpret the mouse as a tool unto itself and then assign 2 buttons?

As for the other problems I’m having:

There seems to be a no “Escape” button option and I can’t get out of any screen I’m on. Really annoying. When I use physical components like my mouse and keyboard. I also have those damn shortcuts popping up on screen. In short, I really don’t need anything for tablet/phones to be used, since I plug in mouse and keyboard.

Having a “Turn off everything” option for the tablet stuff would be really nice. As is I have not seen this feature if you already added it in.

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:166, topic:13348”][/quote]

Double click.

Hi Michael. Look on customization controlls in Magic Dosbox(look on youtube, because in trial(free) version you can’t fully customize controll), maybe add something like this(better make this optionally)?

Or, for example, NetHack port custom shortcuts, they’re cool too.

Had a couple hour car ride to the beach for vacation and downloaded this on my cheap little tablet, it worked perfectly and made the time fly by! Thanks!

Will there be a directional keypad (like in the nethack port) somewhen? It would make the game much more enjoyable, swipes and “joystick” are quite unhandy (as for me).

Had the same problem as some of the people here, with cata crashing when moving to a different app or the home screen. Turning the software rendering option to off helped me as well.

I somehow have the gut feeling that the hard option of locking the game to landscape mode from the previous version helped here before with the stability, might just be an impression though, my memory is a bit fuzzy …

Just as some little reference points.

I don’t know if it helps but:

I’ve got a lot of mobile devices and they all run the same mods which is almost everything I can pack in.

This game runs flawless

Galaxy on5 (rooted)
1.3GHz quad-core
1.5 gb ram

Galaxy avant (rooted)

1.2GHz quad-core
1.5 gb ram

I’ll try on my S3 tablet later.

Somebody update build plz
Ok, some information:
Perfect run on Vertex Impress U Too ~500RAM and Samsung Galaxy j1 mini with ~750RAM

FYI
I can only speak for myself but the update disabling rotation increased stability substantially. Excellent work.

Wow this game works great. Thank you so much a1! :smiley:

Here’s my my feedback: :slight_smile:

The map symbol map is too small to be useful in the current set up. Another poster said that making the font size smaller made the map bigger… but is this possible without rooting?. There is no fonts.json file on the SD card. It would help so much if I could edit

Feature suggestion:
I find it confusing how the shortcuts on the screen jump around so I have find I have to look up and down the list a lot even if I’m just pressing the same key over and over again!

Possible solutions:

1. list the shortcuts in alphabetical order
    or
  2. create a small persistent SINGLE ROW alphabetical order keyboard. This keyboard will have an all keys in a single row abcdefghi… 1…9…/%… Obviously the keys will be too small to press, so what happens is when you put your finger on a key that part of the keyboard would open up. To press a key would take 1 touch and 1 slide. For example if I put my finger near ‘e’ a box would pop up with
    EFG
    efg
    To which I would slide my finger to ‘e’ to select it. Similarly I would touch [1…9] for a box to pop up with a number pad and slide my finger to a number to select it… Hmm… Does a keyboard like this exist already?!? haha

Otherwise again great port :smiley:

You probably want to grab this ASAP: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/21685
tl;dr: repacked tileset .png files. ~30% smaller tilesets, ~60% faster tileset load times.
Merged as of f7214b7e3a972a08047d01db6dfc18feb6ef4489
Go Leland!

60% faster tileset load times sounds awesome!

Any chance somebody can update the android build?

I started working on an android keyboard for this game. The goal is basically a popup keyboard. I want to minimize screen use and maximize single button press UI

I made a vid

Here’s the pre-alpha

I’m planning on breaking the popup keyboard into logical sections so base keyboard is less crowded. Ie. symbols could be represented by a single key in the base keyboard. This leaves room for shortcuts. Feedback is welcome!

[quote=“panckage, post:179, topic:13348”]I started working on an android keyboard for this game. The goal is basically a popup keyboard. I want to minimize screen use and maximize single button press UI

I made a vid

Here’s the pre-alpha

I’m planning on breaking the popup keyboard into logical sections so base keyboard is less crowded. Ie. symbols could be represented by a single key in the base keyboard. This leaves room for shortcuts. Feedback is welcome![/quote]

Nice!

Installed and testing now. Looks great so far. Will let you know if I have any problems.