Android Version

Sooo…is the library bug fixed?

I have to borrow a car to get to a internet access point where my internet access is free =/

Kinda get my friend angry when I use gas/petrol.

Yes, the library bug is fixed.

Edit: I’m pushing an update to Google Play right now. But the current live version(0.4.4) does not have that bug.

Thank you Wulfe813 for your effort!

It does seem faster on my end. The two finger swipe control is interesting, did not think about this one before.

Would it be possible to implement a screen-wide directional keypad, like the one on gurr’s NetHack Android port? Swiping is absolutely horrible.

[quote=“Aqma, post:143, topic:13348”]Thank you Wulfe813 for your effort!

It does seem faster on my end. The two finger swipe control is interesting, did not think about this one before.[/quote]

I can claim credit for the speed boosts, but credit for the two-finger controls goes to a1studmuffin. If you haven’t yet, I highly recommend enabling software rendering. On my device, the boost to framerate is roughly +80%. You may, or may not, run into issues with it when rotating the screen(I’ve done my best to stabilize it, but the way the Android SDL app interface handles screen changes isn’t exactly… Proper.) It works fine on most devices, though.

a1studmuffin is working on implementing this as part of the general dpad functionality(It will be possible to size it to fullscreen and hide the outline.), but he’s been very busy. It’s in the works, though.

You’re right, software rendering does move faster for me as well, thank you!

Hey there, I recently started playing this game last weekend after finding in the play store and been playing almost all day. I’m starting to get better at it, I really love the depth to it. One thing that is a bit uncomfortable is the lack of sounds, and I know I need to get and add a soundpack for that, like Chesthole, but I am not quite such how to do it or where to find these packs. Could someone give me a hand with this?

Also thanks a lot for bringing this game to Android!

@LostEcho20

A word of warning about installing SoundPacks: They use a lot of memory currently. ChestHole’s soundpack(which can be found here http://chezzo.com/cdda/ChestHoleSoundSet.zip) will increase the game’s RAM usage by roughly 300 MB. I wouldn’t recommend using soundpacks unless you have at least 1.5-2GB of RAM.

Installing a soundpack is done manually, by extracting the zip to “Android/data/com.MichaelDavies.CatalysmDDA/files/data/sound” in your internal storage.

@Wulfe813

Right, thanks. I found out the issue I was having, the Chesthole soundpack I had was outdated. Also I figured that’s why they didn’t get added, but my phone can run Cataclysm well. I have 2 GB of RAM.

Side Note
While playing I ran into two debug messages. I pressed spacebar to continue and everything seems fine but I’ll post them here, just to get your opinion on it.

First Debug Message
I was hotwiring a car, while being chased by a ton of zombies. (I am not the luckiest with spawns XD)
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai4KwUkrojPKhmOq6gCfbEfo8Q9E
I couldn’t load the image in this message so I just linked to it in my Onedrive.

Second Debug Message
In this one I was trying the vactainer (Is that what the blood drawing tool is called?), as I didn’t see much use for it.
Then I got this message, https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ai4KwUkrojPKhmTABuaHJAYn2DDN.
I pressed spacebar and I still managed to get the blood from the wolf.

One last thing is wooden floors, do they burn? (I got trapped in a gun store, after thinking that may be a fun spawn and I was just going to burn the building to cause it collapse a little and escape hopefully)

I get a crash to the google launcher on my Android when my device rotates, I use the home button, lock the screen, hit the running app button (whatever that’s called) or cause any sort of screen state change. Also, I REALLY like this version over the IOS version. No offense to the devs on that one, but I’d gotten stitches in my hand and it’s a lot harder to control than this version.

Phone: Google Pixel, non-XL
Tileset: ASCII/ Chesthole
Running current build on Play Store.

[quote=“kaluce, post:150, topic:13348”]I get a crash to the google launcher on my Android when my device rotates, I use the home button, lock the screen, hit the running app button (whatever that’s called) or cause any sort of screen state change. Also, I REALLY like this version over the IOS version. No offense to the devs on that one, but I’d gotten stitches in my hand and it’s a lot harder to control than this version.

Phone: Google Pixel, non-XL
Tileset: ASCII/ Chesthole
Running current build on Play Store.[/quote]
Same sorta thing here. It happens at any point in the game (so far. I haven’t actually started a world yet). But the game seems to play perfectly fine in portrait mode. But apon tying play it in horizontal, the game instantly crashes and force closes.

Phone: Oneplus 3T
Running latest build from Play Store. The place the first post links you too

I just found this version of CDDA by pure accident I just want to say that I love you.
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Never thought I would be playing CDDA on my phone of all things one day.

I just want to say thank you. Haven’t run into any major bugs so far. Just a little interface thing:
When saving a character template, the text promt still hovers over the screen or at least some of it.
Also an escape hotkey should be onscreen all the time.
Tiny nitpicks. The version is awesome.

Right, I’m not completly sure what fixed it but the teo settings I changed were the resolution and turned off software mode. I can now rotate the phone and the game stays running. Also, turning software mode backon hasn’t rebroken it

Actually, that’s exactly what broke it. Turning it off fixes it. For whatever reason

Hey, it says I cannot download it in my country… I’m in France, what’s the matter ? I wanted to try this, help me out :slight_smile:

Any news on whether or not we can use left AND right mouse buttons? Just curious if the function has been added?

Tested and is really nice. A few bugs and suggestions however as noted:

1-Using standard keyboard/numerical pad(stand alone device)/mouse and have their normal functions work in place of the “tablet/shortcuts”. As in, turn off everything in the options accordingly per tool. So like:

USB Physical Tools: using these options for physical tools will shut off the android variants and should work like a normal PC.

Keyboard - "On will turn off all features associated and use the physical keyboard; can use other USB tools in conjunction"
Numerical Pad - "On will use the pad over the standard Physical keyboard pad"
Mouse - “On will be the same as a physical mouse and turn off the finger touch features”

One caveat, the numerical pad numbers don’t work as directionals like they should. Not sure why but the entire pad seems to be considered one big button when using my USB stand alone pad. The mouse also did not work at all. I was really hoping to turn off all android functions while I have my 3 USB tools attached (Keyboard, Numeric Pad and Mouse).

2- The extra large tiles in Chest32 do not seem to work. The shadow of a tree for example works, but the entire tree is invisible =(

I’m going to assume they all don’t work. I think they were either Oak or Maple trees…maybe a combination problem of 24x24 coupled with seasonal variants. Something to look into though.

Anyway, looks great and plays fine in the bland Chesthole tiles…despite wonky controls. Doing a great job altogether I a huge thanks for porting the game =)

Sideload from https://github.com/a1studmuffin/Cataclysm-DDA-Android/releases
The rating is pretty steep because of some of the game’s content. It’s not available in Australia for that reason.

@ZoneWizard:
The right mouse issue is related to Android itself, if I can find a code solution, I’ll apply it, but I don’t have much hope about that. Personally, I play the game using mouse and keyboard without any issue, make sure you turn off cursor hiding, or course. Not sure what you mean about needing to turn off features? The keyboard shortcuts are(supposed to be…) hidden when a keyboard is available.

Your standalone numpad is another thing entirely. That’s an SDL issue, and also something I can’t work on simply because I don’t have the necessary hardware to work with.

Double posting for the fun of it.

I’m still working on this, just been busy getting a new dev machine set up and going. Once the kinks are ironed out, I’ll put out an update.

Switching to hardware rendering fixed the constant crashing I was getting.