Extended Buildings (V1.0) - BAD MOON RISING

EXTENDED BUILDINGS

Basically, I’ve just been adding some custom buildings to the mapgen.

VFW Hall >(Green Outline)
Daycare Center >
Thrift Store >
Pet Supply Store >
Storage Units (3x1) M
Baseball Field (2x2) #
Rest Area (2x2) #/+
and a not finished but still implemented Shopping Plaza (6x2)
M/+

A Couple of images

VFW Hall -

Note: Some buildings loot tables not correctly set/placed.

I realize some of these are somewhat pointless in terms of adding to actual gameplay, my main focus is just making a robust selection of buildings for whoever wants 'em. (VERY MINIMAL New furniture, Cat Towers, Dog Kennels) I’ll be updating this periodically.

Link-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/38ob0m5hyeayiw5/EXTENDED_BUILDINGS.zip

I know Rest Areas have been specifically requested before actually. I really like the idea if storage units. That could be really fun for spawns and items actually. Baseball fields would be a nice thematic addition too.

That’s not to say the others are bad, I’d just have to see how they play out. I do think there’s some good stuff already though. I’ll have to check it out! :slight_smile:

That’s great!

I am a huge fan of new buildings - one of my favorite new features. I especially like the Rest Area and Storage Units (makes me wonder why no one thought of storage units before - I could see a really game play scenario of opening up a storage unit and having 20 Zombies pop out!

Now if we can just get someone to do Airport and a Marina (complete with boats!), that would be awesome!

I’m already working on an airfield (A small airfield for a smaller community, not a giant-ass airport, lol) But if there is ANYTHING you guys want me to try to make, your wish is my command.

how that airport will look? like southern cheranrus (arma 2) airstrip?

That’s actually a very good example

Also, lol, forgot to mention that, The baseball diamond isn’t sized correctly, its more of a Diamond Rectangle than a square, so I’ll fix that.

Some notes:

1. General mapgen - sinks in the bathrooms
  2. VFW hall - replace young trees in circle with a column+american flag, like the school
  3. Rest area - could use dumpsters and vending machines
  4. Rest area - may want to set spawn location to “by_hiway” so it appears on existing roads between places
  5. Day care - there are already toy type terrains, sandbox, slide, and monkey bars that might work better without having to add new terrains, or alternatively, convert old terrains to new ones.
  6. Day care - add fridge/sink to kitchen area, maybe a shower to bathroom
  7. Day care - try to rearrange to maximize space, for example, the doorway leading outside is down a long hallway, move the door to the other side of the double window, then combine the rest of that space with the play area. Similarly, move the restroom/storage closet next to the sofa room and you can get more area on that side as well
  8. Pet store - sink and shower/bathtub in grooming area
  9. Furniture - all the furniture right now is lower cased everything
  10. Overmap Special - “town” is not a valid location right now, closest approximation to what you want will probably be “land” or “wilderness” (not actually wilderness, just places it on field or forest tiles)
  11. General mapgen - check where overmap tiles butt up against each other in specials for double walls, they generally look ugly and you can get a little bit more room from removing one side

Good work by the way. I’m glad to see more specials and buildings in general. Are you using acidia’s tool to lay out these buildings?

Also a neat little trick that might work well for the shopping plaza, you can randomize the set of shops generated to an extent by adding in multiple variations with the same ID. As long as all the layouts are compatible, you can have a multitude of stores spawn in the same location. So, you could define two different mapgens for “s_shoppingplaza_b1”, one could look like a fancy restaurant, and one could look like a clothing store. As long as the walls for each mapgen match the other parts of the special, it should be able to pick one or the other and have them both look okay. This will keep each shopping plaza from looking predictable.

[quote=“vache, post:9, topic:8104”]Some notes:

1. General mapgen - sinks in the bathrooms
  2. VFW hall - replace young trees in circle with a column+american flag, like the school
  3. Rest area - could use dumpsters and vending machines
  4. Rest area - may want to set spawn location to “by_hiway” so it appears on existing roads between places
  5. Day care - there are already toy type terrains, sandbox, slide, and monkey bars that might work better without having to add new terrains, or alternatively, convert old terrains to new ones.
  6. Day care - add fridge/sink to kitchen area, maybe a shower to bathroom
  7. Day care - try to rearrange to maximize space, for example, the doorway leading outside is down a long hallway, move the door to the other side of the double window, then combine the rest of that space with the play area. Similarly, move the restroom/storage closet next to the sofa room and you can get more area on that side as well
  8. Pet store - sink and shower/bathtub in grooming area
  9. Furniture - all the furniture right now is lower cased everything
  10. Overmap Special - “town” is not a valid location right now, closest approximation to what you want will probably be “land” or “wilderness” (not actually wilderness, just places it on field or forest tiles)
  11. General mapgen - check where overmap tiles butt up against each other in specials for double walls, they generally look ugly and you can get a little bit more room from removing one side

Good work by the way. I’m glad to see more specials and buildings in general. Are you using acidia’s tool to lay out these buildings?

Also a neat little trick that might work well for the shopping plaza, you can randomize the set of shops generated to an extent by adding in multiple variations with the same ID. As long as all the layouts are compatible, you can have a multitude of stores spawn in the same location. So, you could define two different mapgens for “s_shoppingplaza_b1”, one could look like a fancy restaurant, and one could look like a clothing store. As long as the walls for each mapgen match the other parts of the special, it should be able to pick one or the other and have them both look okay. This will keep each shopping plaza from looking predictable.[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback! Also, thank you Immensely for the tip about random stores, I was trying to figure out how to do it! Also, no, I’m not using acidias tool, I don’t even know what that is, is it useful?

1. I don’t have them in as map specials yet in some maps, so the toilets and sinks are there but with no water yet.
  2. Definitely.
  3. Good call.
  4. Will change.
  5. Good to know.

It’s a little python script for making specials as one large map and then splitting it up into individual mapgen pieces. Check cataclysm/utilities/building-utility. I’ve never used it though so I won’t be able to help you use it.

Oh, well I’ll check it out but I’m not sure I’ll need it but it might be very helpful, we’ll see.

When ever this is updated I will get it
:slight_smile:

Im tryna blast out some of the items spawns in the already finished buildings (Although this Joint (Lit) (Active) is making me feel like adding some new buildings even though I should finish the item spawns.)

Create when you feel creative and grind out the boring parts when you don’t.

That’s my new life motto

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

As it seems, whaley doesn’t update this mod anymore.
So I repaired the buildings, changed the shopping-plaza to an abandoned one and integrated item drops for the pet shop, the daycare center, the thrift store, the vfw hall and the storage units.
At last I build a smaller version of the storage units and integrated them as well.

PLEASE REMEMBER: I’ m not the author of this mod - I just repaired and tweaked it a bit, because it didn’t seem to be taken care of it anymore! All credits go to whaley.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5q6s9gop862vor/EXTENDED_BUILDINGS.zip?dl=0

Muh boyyyyyyy, you’ve done well I’m sure. Thank you. I JUST finished my new Parks and Rec building pack and was coming to upload it and I saw this.

This mod no longer works with the current experimental builds 5530 onwards (maybe even earlier builds.) Get a myriad of errors especially with the items that the mod adds to the game but there are more, the game won’t even load with this mod active actually you have to edit the json to bypass the problem, but the game still get errors while you are exploring.

Will someone that knows how to have a look at this mod the author’s other mod Parks and Recreation Building Pack

These are some of my favorite mods adding more to the world to explore. Looks like the author is away or abandoned these, so can someone have a look and debug these?

Extended Buildings & Parks fixed not to raise exceptions in Experimental 5507 - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/plared1zsifi4wo/AACP7itxSQstB6pvL68kPgm2a/mods/ZSFixed_2016-09-18.zip?dl=0