Add Bandits

mod

Whoo, adding this mod makes you cautious when moving and around light in general; I’ve been bushwhacked several times by roving bandits while crafting.

Try adding “GUILT” to the looter. Their description implies they aren’t full bandits and are more sympathetic. Also consider giving them “STALK” and lower morale and aggression.

You might decrease the default fake stats for the bandits and double their HP or peg their HP to a player’s average HP for a given strength+trait level. Also try lowering some bandits’ special attack range to around their average 50% hit probability range to preserve their ammunition.

It would make sense for someone new to take up the torch then since OP is not working on it. I would make the assumption he would not mind as he seems to want to pass the torch in his last post here. “Hope this settles some stuff and best of luck to anybody doing anything with this.”

So how about it Bork? You seem itching to add to it hint hint ;D

I’d be happy to have NPCs just work at all at this point lol
I’ve been to bandit bases with land mines surrounding it. But sadly everyone inside sits and lets you just shoot them without any fight. It should be noted that adding timers to NPC would be great. To mimic functions.

…do we have timers? 0_o

Does anyone have a download link where all I have to do is unzip it and that’s it? I don’t feel too confident in messing with files when PKs is involved

Okay, I’ve updated it. In this version, the bandits have the same range as the player. I’m planning on playing with their accuracy as, at this point, if a bandits with a rifle see you, you’re very, very likely to die, but that can be !!FUN!! too.

The new version is below and the old version is also below for convenience. The old version still works just fine so far as I’ve seen, so if you like the balance there, cool, or if you want to get shot from 65 tiles away (max), have at it with the new version. Also - players now feel guilt for killing looters (v0.12 only).
If there are any issues, lemme’ know.

Hard mode v0.12 rar
https://mega.nz/#!WKgwwQAb!Dd-BYQYY9juKDFYsIYoacL5YtSleyX76ljcQa6rrIOM

v0.11 rar
https://mega.nz/#!bbAD1CSC!zSREEX8OszAuTdWh2odKLdhKxQ4Tb9CNs9WhxUnmKUs
v0.11 zip
https://mega.nz/#!uPhQ0JiJ!TyQgh1ejO8BHUs1ynuFzPmgLLLEgmMOY3e3Kqj-4UVU

I’m playing with spawn rates at 50 and wander spawns on, I have a feeling having more armed men roaming around will actually be a boon to me :grin:

What do you feel C:DDA should feel like more?

• More like that
  • Less like that

0 voters

That sounds quite intense.

If only there was another NPC to be on the lookout.
Couldnt game controls switch to an NPC?
Like, while one is crafting the other is defending…

Silly idea, coding that might be too hard…

You can fix that by adding
"magazine": 100,
to bandit death drop groups containing guns. The zombie soldier uses the same method to generate magazines with guns.

Bandits are dropping leather instead of human skin when butchered.

So the bandits are all played by Jack Palance?