Enemy Variety - New Enemies V.1.1.3 - MOD

Hey guys, I thought to start making something for everyone to enjoy as far as new enemies go. Currently the mod adds twelve enemies and one unimplemented one into the game. It will likely make things a little harder on top of making it easier.

It’s more so experimental at the moment, but please tell me any suggestions or comments you may have regarding it.

Just Unzip and move to the Mod folder!

Current Version:

Toy around with it a little if you can, and tell me if you find any bugs or things I could fix.

NOTE Looking for anyone willing to help out with making some other aspects of the mod like buildings and items. I check out all the replies, so please offer if you’d like.

Current Features -

Enemies -

Raider - Ranged SMG monster

Titan - The Tank has been made a “little” stronger.

Cyborg Wanderer - Half implemented CBM dropping Neutral Monster.

Lobotomite - Lab spawn monster.

Zombie Firebreather - Fire-breathing rare zombie spawn.

Zombie Pharmacist - Normal Monster that drops medicine.

Zombie Grocer - Normal Monster that drops comestibles.

Business Zombie - Normal Monster

Atheletic Zombie - Normal Monster

Gentleman Zombie - Normal Monster

Mother Zombie - Morale hitting Monster

Butcher Zombie - Funsies for now

Might as well try to help you guys keep track of what it is I’m doing and what you should expect to see~

To-do List:

Key: “o” - Inactive | “*” - In progress | “.” - Complete

ooooo - Make humanoid and animal creatures for the Labs. Ex: Centaur, Lobotomite, Serum Beast

.oooo - Make humanoid creatures that spawn on the overworld that use guns. Ex: Raider, Paranoid Survivor

*oooo - Correct Item Drops so that certain monster drop some items guaranteed.

*oooo - Fix amount drop of items.

ooooo - Add new monsters to spawn in prisons. Ex: Prisoner, Prison Zombie, Warden

ooooo - Make ultra rare spawn “Random Events”. Ex: Death, M’o’chete, Group of knights of the round table. (Holy hand grenade included.)

.*ooo - Lots of new special zombie types. Ex: Athlete Zombie, Flame Zombie, The Legion

.*ooo - Zombie types based on jobs, in respective areas. Ex: Business Zombie, Shop keep, Mail man zombie

ooooo - Dragons and Unicorns…? (New Beast)

ooooo - Humanoids that appear in specialized locations: Ex: Crazed Lumberjack, Demented Priest

ooooo - Enable ability for monsters to fight each other.

ooooo - Aged Zombie Barbarian Tortoises. ( New sewer and subway enemies.)

I like the idea!

I like this.

Totally looking for ideas you guys, I’m sort of at a block other than the ones I’ve listed in the To-do already.

A looter/man armed with a blunt weapon?

So basically, sort of like the raider but a melee version? I was thinking about that, but for right now I need to figure out how to get them to drop some items with almost certain chances and some randomly.

New version out! Has just three new zombies for demonstration. Needs fixing of item drops, so expect like 3 Suits or something.

Im thinking the hulks we have now arent hulky enough. How about a tankish zombie that has about 5 times the health and slower movement speed.

Also, some sort of hyper aggressive housecat, the internet loves cats.

Already three steps ahead of you, Jim.

Excellent, some sort of semi avoidable boss monsters would be very nice, thats what im thinking with the super hulk thing. Its 5 am, so everything else I think up will be stupid. So here, have some stupid:

Grenadier Z: Drops 1/multiple active grenades on death.
Looking at the list of mammals that are apparently native to new england I see: Skunks, porcupines, wolverines and seals. All could be either nifty enemies as is or with some tweaking (giant versions etc)
Cyborg Z: Heavily armored, throw sparks like a shocker and have a powerful melee attack. (better chance of cbs/more cbms on butcher?)
Looks like your mum Z: Like a normal Z but with a massive morale hit on kill.
Clown Z: Morale boost on kill
Splitter zombie: Splits into 4 zombie limbs that attack you on death.
Some kind of above ground swarm spawn, im thinking bats or rats, dunno how you could go about coding it though.
Military commander Z: standard military Z drops, plus maps.

Yeah, I think most of that is possible with what I have available. Only things I’m seeing that may not be possible are the shockers, mom, and grenade drops. Shocker being that it may not have a melee attack I can apply. The morale hit is not an tag I’ve found yet. As far as dropping active grenades…That’ll take some time. I’ll see what I can do.

As I say, its early/late, all I have is stupid, more just spitballed ideas than requests.

The Mom hallucination gives you a moral penalty when you hit it.

There could be some other Raider monsters, so we could have, like, bandits in the game, supposedly scavenging in the dead world? Obviously, they would only be normal monsters, they would attack the zombies and they would spawn in forests or abandoned places.

I want some kind of bandit placeholder until good NPCs are made… maybe you like the idea?

For the time being, it’s impossible to make enemies attack other enemies unless they are friendly. Which is not going to happen very much. I can however make more raiders. Which I do plan to do in the future.

So, to be a bit more lore friendly, they should be infected raiders! So zombies would not attack them.

Is there a way to make them revive as normal zombies if not pulped?

I believe I can infact make them revive, just not form into normal zombies, but into themselves again. There are quite a few things I cant do due to the source code. But, I’m certainly working on a few of your ideas Jim.

Getting a lot of issues from media fire. But I have five more enemies to pile onto the list, that makes eight total!

Titan- A hunka, chunkca, muncha, death. Expect resistance.
Grocer and Pharmacist zombies - Because who does not like free guarrenteed stuff?!
Fire breather- There are forts to be destroyed.
Grenadier- Don’t stand too close!

That, added with some tweaks to the system.

[quote=“Mr_Badman, post:18, topic:5315”]Getting a lot of issues from media fire. But I have five more enemies to pile onto the list, that makes eight total!

Titan- A hunka, chunkca, muncha, death. Expect resistance.
Grocer and Pharmacist zombies - Because who does not like free guarrenteed stuff?!
Fire breather- There are forts to be destroyed.
Grenadier- Don’t stand too close!

That, added with some tweaks to the system.[/quote]

Version 1.1.2 is out! New enemies implemented.

1.1.3 is out! Come get some of these filler enemies!