A few recipes I've added to my game

Craftable plastic jerrycan, constructed of 4 gallon jugs cut up and duct-taped together, short bit of rope for a handle:

{ "result": "jerrycan", "category": "CC_MISC", "skill_pri": "mechanics", "difficulty": 1, "time": 30000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["knife_steak", -1], ["knife_combat", -1], ["knife_butcher", -1], ["pockknife", -1], ["scalpel", -1], ["machete", -1], ["broadsword", -1], ["toolset", -1], ["screwdriver", -1] ] ], "components": [ [ ["string_36", 1] ], [ ["duct_tape", 50] ], [ ["jug_plastic", 4] ] ] }

Craftable Steel Jerrycan. Metal tank, short rope for a handle, scrap metal for fasteners/lid:

{ "result": "jerrycan_big", "category": "CC_MISC", "skill_pri": "mechanics", "difficulty": 2, "time": 30000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["toolset", -1], ["screwdriver", -1] ], [ ["toolset", -1], ["hacksaw", -1] ] ], "components": [ [ ["string_36", 1] ], [ ["metal_tank", 1] ], [ ["scrap", 1] ] ] }

Dissassembling sweaters gives you thread:

{ "result": "sweater", "id_suffix": "uncraft", "category": "CC_NONCRAFT", "skill_pri": "tailor", "difficulty": 0, "time": 1500, "reversible": true, "autolearn": false, "components": [ [ ["thread", 50] ] ] }

Sledge hammer. Lump of steel welded to the end of a pipe:

{ "result": "hammer_sledge", "category": "CC_MISC", "skill_pri": "mechanics", "difficulty": 2, "time": 20000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["goggles_welding", -1] ], [ ["welder", 50], ["toolset", 2] ] ], "components": [ [ ["pipe", 1] ], [ ["steel_lump", 1] ] ] }

More uses for duct tape is a definite plus.

How do I put these into my game?

Sledgehammer = lump of steel + pipe = Ow! Can you imagine the guy smashing something with it? He’d be vibrating 'till Christmas :smiley:

Open the file “recipes.json” (it’s in your Cataclysm game directory, under “/data/raw/recipes.json”) in a text editor and paste them in.

So, Heavy Stick?

I’d see a heavy stick over a pipe, yeah.

In regards to using the heavy stick over the pipe, you think it’d just be a carbon copy of the crowbar recipe, tools wise? Or would that be too OP? Because I don’t think using a welder on a stick is a good idea.

I say heavy stick, lump of steel (or was it chunk of steel, dunno), hacksaw + scrap metal + hammer, rock or other bashing item. Sledgehammer has same wedge like usual hammer, but it shouldn’t be too easy to make, it’s pretty powerful.

Rebar + duct tape + steel?

My reasoning for the pipe + steel + welder was simply how to attach a heavy piece of steel to a handle without it flying apart when you smash it against something. I didn’t consider the vibration… maybe a duct tape handle would help? :slight_smile:

If it bugs you that much, you can say that the superglue in the game is strong enough to bond a 5-10kg lump of metal to a heavy stick for such a purpose and use:

{ "result": "hammer_sledge", "category": "CC_MISC", "skill_pri": "mechanics", "difficulty": 2, "time": 20000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["hacksaw", -1], ["toolset", -1] ] ], "components": [ [ ["stick", 1], ["broom", 1], ["mop", 1], ["2x4", 1] ], [ ["superglue", 3] ], [ ["steel_lump", 1] ] ] }

Trouble is making it easy to craft, yet hard to make :slight_smile: Well, the handle can be from pipe, as long as you don’t smash something hard with it, like iron or steel stuff. Iron pipe would add more weight, making it bit more dangerous, but that head itself is heavy, and wood handle swallows excessive vibration, that’s why they make them like this. Maybe make the handle from something plastic?

What am I doing wrong?
I’m trying to add the following to my game. Then I load up my game and the recipe is not showing up.

{ "result": "rollmat", "category": "CC_ARMOR", "skill_pri": "tailor", "skill_sec": "survival", "difficulty": 1, "time": 20000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["needle_bone", 10], ["sewing_kit", 10] ] ], "components": [ [ ["rag", 10] ], [ ["fur", 10] ] ] },

[quote=“Zireael, post:12, topic:1811”]What am I doing wrong?
I’m trying to add the following to my game. Then I load up my game and the recipe is not showing up.

~Code[/quote]
Lemme look at it real quick, but are you sure you have the required levels in tailoring and survival?

EDIT: Yeah, I don’t see anything. Of course, my knowledge of syntax is very limited. Could be something simple I’m overlooking.

{ "result": "rollmat", "category": "CC_ARMOR", "skill_pri": "tailor", "skill_sec": "survival", "difficulty": 1, "time": 20000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["needle_bone", 10], ["sewing_kit", 10] ] ], "components": [ [ ["rag", 10] ], [ ["fur", 10] ] ] },[/quote]

The syntax looks OK to me but I couldn’t even tweak the Spaghetti al Pesto recipe…so what do I know?

One thing I noticed: the rollmat is clearly stated as made of foam. Perhaps add some scrap metal or somesuch & Mechanics in place of Tailoring, and have the recipe make a Cot instead?

Something like this:

{ "result": "cot", "category": "CC_MISC", "skill_pri": "mechanics", "skill_sec": "survival", "difficulty": 3, "time": 40000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["needle_bone", 10], ["sewing_kit", 10] ], [ ["screwdriver", -1] ] ], "components": [ [ ["rag", 10] ], [ ["scrap", 10] ] ] } ?

"skill_pri": "tailor",
        "skill_sec": "survival",
        "difficulty": 1,[/quote]

Make sure you have at least 1 skill in both Tailor and Survival. You can use the debug menu to give yourself +3 in all skills to test it.

[quote=“darth_servo, post:16, topic:1811”][quote=“Zireael, post:12, topic:1811”]What am I doing wrong?

"skill_pri": "tailor",
        "skill_sec": "survival",
        "difficulty": 1,[/quote]

Make sure you have at least 1 skill in both Tailor and Survival. You can use the debug menu to give yourself +3 in all skills to test it.[/quote]

Tailor 3, survival 5. None of the recipes I made are showing up. Please don’t tell me I need to start a new game…

I just added it to my game, no problem.

You’ve got it listed under the “Armor” tab, but it shows up fine.

I would hope not. I was able to use the jerrycan recipes I found on here earlier in what was my current character at the time.

While I’m positive you’ve checked already, you haven’t mentioned it, but are you looking under the armor tab?

I would hope not. I was able to use the jerrycan recipes I found on here earlier in what was my current character at the time.

While I’m positive you’ve checked already, you haven’t mentioned it, but are you looking under the armor tab?[/quote]

Yeah. Checked so many times. I think the game’s trolling me.