"Normal" Items and Tools you'd like to see in the game

Basically, items you see around in real life that aren’t in game, but you’d love to see there.

I’ll lead off with two suggestions:
Ice Axe/Ice Tool:

Wrecking Bar: (combination hammer, crowbar, whatever-needs-to-be-broken-down-breaker)

Multi-use tools the size of knifes:

The classic studded bat:

For a completely overpowered weapon:

This could be a rare skillbook that helps in alot of skills:

Lets not forget the swiss army knife look-alike:

And finally, this thing:

(I have no idea ether, looks like a shovel with some axe heads glued to it…)

Rakes and pitchforks for farms. Along with drills could occur in hardware stores. Knuckle duster and boxing gloves.

Pardon me for my short answers but just a quick look around the office and… ashtrays anyone? Provides a decent bash but a negative to hit chance due to the awkward shape.

More themed stuff, like things youll find in an office (like paper or stamplers or whatever their name is. And yes I want them to be a weapon like the nailgun), farm stuff, medical stuff aside from medicines and syringuines (A syringine gun would be great), car-related stuff in garages aside from welders and wrenches (Like Jacks or in spanish “Gatos”) and etc

Im sleepy and I dont know how to write, so dont judge me if I made a mistake ;_;

• Forks, spoons, mugs, glasses, (pokey or throwable! May cause broken glass to occupy squares. Ow. Broken glass trap?)
  • Hairspray canisters (apply cheap lighter for last-ditch catastrophe making device)
  • Extension cords (useable in some instances where rope might be, cannot be disassembled into string. Maybe into wire. Could go in garages as per Reservoir’s suggestion)
  • pocket mirrors (useful for peeking around corners more safely? Not sure how system currently handles peeking)
  • Dictionaries (not really readable, has a good bashing stat.)
  • toilet paper rolls (suitable for throwing (haha) and possible use in bandage crafting?)
    JOKE: rakes should have a function as a trap of shame. It does one point of damage and hurts morale a little.

I just love clutter and misusing it.

trashcans, tv’s, electricity generators (gasoline -> electricity to power fridges or a tv for a high moral boost), pillows to make sleeping easier, alarm clocks, fireplaces, and most importantly, toys/more electronics (Ds, PsP, ect)

a) stapler
“What would you like to staple?”
f) Grenade (active)
“What would you like to staple it to?”
[me=GlyphGryph]selects zombie.[/me]
“You’ve stapled your Grenade (active) to the Zombie.”
[me=GlyphGryph]runs.[/me]

a) stapler "What would you like to staple?" f) Grenade (active) "What would you like to staple it to?" * GlyphGryph selects zombie. "You've stapled your Grenade (active) to the Zombie." * GlyphGryph runs.

You hear a frustrated voice to the north!
You hear an explosion to the north!
It dies!

Current mood: :smiley:

If staplers make it into the game, please allow us to do that. PLEASE

Toasters, newspapers and tanks, APCs and other military vehicles. Also shove in big rigs that carry gasoline-- and make them flammable if badly damaged. You could have an ‘unload fuel here?’ option and the fuel would spill out, or drive off and leave a trail of fuel like the slimy mutation. I’m sure I can think of more sometime.

Also, Shove staplers in. Please.

A stake driver, screwdriver and blade swiss army knife, and a pressure cooker (lots of fun things you can do with a pressure cooker).

Also, the comments here remind me: why can’t I nail a stunned zombie down with a nail gun, or, at the very least, nail a two by four to his head over his trap?

Wrecked cars.

There needs to be more (badly damaged) wrecked cars on roads and the like. Good place to salvage for parts if you are building a vehicle, but not really salvageable themselves.

Some random b[/b] pills that have random effects based on color.

Deodorant-when applied to you it temporarily reduces your scent making you harder to track, can also be used to make a mini-flamethrower when you use it in combination with a lighter.

Pickaxe-makes a decent weapon and can be used to[size=1pt] strike the earth![/size] slowly dig away walls etc.

Serrated disks-Good throwing weapon decent melee weapon can be made into traps using electric motors.

This thing

Rare and very heavy, requires fairly high strength to wield uses a ups to power and does tons of damage to anything in melee but leaves no corpse or loot due shear overkill

Lamps- stationary lightsource that can be turned off and on and also acts as decoration. and of course can be used to smash across a Z’s head breaking it.

Drakestorm’s mod made me think, why not road flares?

Most survival kits and even many first aid kits come with road flares and they’d definitely be on my list of stuff to have. I don’t have road flares, personally, but my household survival kit has a few large glow sticks in it.

Something like this, a box of 20, ought to be the most common, I think. Lasting around 12 hours is common. A nice way to read at night before you have a shelter with lights or if you’re a nomad!

Road flares can be more rare, as they’re more expensive, much brighter and with a much shorter use time. Probably around an hour. They can also be used to start fires and be disassembled for gunpowder. Although, actual gunpowder and fire flares are somewhat old school.

[quote=“Austupaio, post:16, topic:1177”]Drakestorm’s mod made me think, why not road flares?

Most survival kits and even many first aid kits come with road flares and they’d definitely be on my list of stuff to have. I don’t have road flares, personally, but my household survival kit has a few large glow sticks in it.

Something like this, a box of 20, ought to be the most common, I think. Lasting around 12 hours is common. A nice way to read at night before you have a shelter with lights or if you’re a nomad!

Road flares can be more rare, as they’re more expensive, much brighter and with a much shorter use time. Probably around an hour. They can also be used to start fires and be disassembled for gunpowder. Although, actual gunpowder and fire flares are somewhat old school.

Glowsticks are actually already in game, but the flare idea does sound interesting. If you devs aren’t planning on picking this one up, I might add it to my personal todo list. Possibly make it a throwable, short term, light source that is brighter than a flashlight (think a mix between light strip and flashlight 2.0).

However, real flares are really loud (as in somewhere between breaking a plate and a car horn). Just food for thought if you guys are planning on taking this idea up.

Glowsticks are in the dev or in 0.4? Just asking 'cause I’ve never seen 'em.

Not positive as I’ve always used the dev version, but I believe they are in 0.4, just far rarer than in the dev version.

Just to note, the noise is also dependent on whether they chose old, cool flares or more modern ones. Old are dangerous, flammable and loud. New aren’t.