A few recipes I've added to my game

lets roll these into the main game. the sledgehammer is a pretty strong weapon and now its easy to make. Id add a few more components to make it a little harder to craft.

Anyone have any ideas on things we can do with tin cans? now they are just clutter?

[quote=“youtoo, post:21, topic:1811”]lets roll these into the main game. the sledgehammer is a pretty strong weapon and now its easy to make. Id add a few more components to make it a little harder to craft.

Anyone have any ideas on things we can do with tin cans? now they are just clutter?[/quote]

The jerry cans, as well as a recipe for First Aid I created have been merged into the builds.

Any ideas how to make bleach/ammonia?

Will the rollmat/cot get rolled into the build?

IRL you can apprently make homemade chlorine bleach with water and something called “pool shock” (calcium hypochlorite), which is generally available at Walmart and such places. The component would have to be added to the game (possibly by editing data/raw/items/melee.json), since there’s not anything like it currently.

I imagine crafting bleach and/or ammonia from ant eggs and acid, until something better is added.

Also, any uses for tin cans? A hammer or a stone hammer + lots of tin cans = metal canister? A rock + tin can = scrap metal?

Tin and alu cans are used for homemade grenades and batteries… Not sure if for anything else.

I’d love it if we could create canned food/MRE somehow.

You can preserve food. Canning, jerky, and vacuum sealed bags are the 3 ways currently in-game. An MRE is really just a vacuum-sealed bag of dehydrated food.

It would be interesting if we could use a Dehydrator on food to make dried fruits & meat, and then use dried food + vacuum sealer to create the actual MRE items…

Agreed.

I just thought that I’d be nice if we could craft underarmor or soft/hard arm guards…

Agreed.

I just thought that I’d be nice if we could craft underarmor or soft/hard arm guards…[/quote]

Soft, yeah. Hard, not really–that’s what the Metal & Chitin* arm guards are for. As for under-armor, I think that’s the same limitation as the Army Pants: it’s made out of exotic fabric, so you can’t just sew rags into that pattern. You’d need “wicking fabric” or somesuch.

*Until they commented Chitin out because Chitin didn’t have hit points, so it was invulnerable :-/

If there’s a clothing item in the game that doesn’t have a crafting recipe, you can always look in Recipes.json for examples and come up with a recipe yourself. If you post it to the forums, it might get rolled into the game for everyone else to use.

I’d like a recipe to craft matches out of pointy sticks.

Also, any way to light fire via stick and rocks?

There’s already a recipe for making a fire drill out of skewers and string. It requires Survival 2.

facepalm Non-native English speaker here :slight_smile:

Yeah, the Lantern felt like in need of a recipe:
recipes.json

{ "result": "gasoline_lantern", "category": "CC_MISC", "difficulty": 2, "skill_pri": "survival", "time": 5000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ ["rock", -1], ["primitive_hammer", -1], ["hammer", -1], ["hatchet", -1], ["toolset", -1] ] ], "components": [ [ ["jar_glass", 1], ["bottle_glass", 1] ], [ ["scrap", 2] ], [ ["string_6", 1] ], [ ["gasoline", 50] ] ] }

A neat one, maybe could be a constant, since I’ve made one myself in RL. (!)
If you wonder “Why the gasoline?” - the rag, or the piece of string, needs to be wet. Or you can do without it in game if you wish.