0.9 Release Candidate

Windows Version: Download

Linux Versions:
Download Standard Version
Download Console Version

This is the Official Release Candidate for 0.9. Assuming no one uncovers any major deal breaking bugs, this will become the official 0.9 release.

So go out and find them, folks - break the heck out of this thing, and enjoy!

Note: This does NOT come packaged with the final versions of the translation files or tilesets.

Throws up rainbows

I have a pic of that somewhere…

[center][/center]

Was the not-so-Guilty About Killing bug fixed? (the one I reported about receiving positive morale for killing zombie kids)

Woohoo! Downloading right now, will report any bugs I found. :))

Sweet, I’ll check this out as soon as I get done work in a few hours.

CRASH: I changed the cities size to 10 and the game couldn’t find a shelter, therefore hitting space will crash the game.

EDIT: the game just crashed on me while playing with the same world (upon finding a shelter) with no preceding warnings.

Yeah this is a common problem, I suggest you get around it for now by changing the city size back (or below a certain size, I haven’t test it).

High processor usage while sleeping.

Crafting menu [weapon] displays the “flammenschwert” and its corresponding description in German.

Crafting menu [armor] description for Go Bag has an unformatted /n left in it.

Aluminumfoil, the sword is supposed to have a german description, and it’s supposed to be called the Flammenschwert. Just like Jacqueshammer has a italian desc.

This needs to be in: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/3883

Using first aid kits now gives the message ‘you take some first aid kit’. Probably something to do with the name change. But otherwise, it looks good so far!

What are the new things?

[quote=“Aluminumfoil, post:10, topic:3870”]Crafting menu [weapon] displays the “flammenschwert” and its corresponding description in German.

Crafting menu [armor] description for Go Bag has an unformatted /n left in it.[/quote]

Yeah, the flammenschwert is GERMAN DAMMIT. :wink: If NaturesWitness makes an upgraded nodachi we’ll need a native Japanese speaker to handle its text. :slight_smile:

The jacqueshammer is FRENCH, not Italian. Maybe a particularly exotic handgun? Beretta’s Italian, last I knew. (That said, making a Robocop’d 93R would force English as that’s DETROIT.

And that said, the Go-Bag is mine and so is the error. Will fix. PR’d. Thanks for the report.

I’ve always wanted a 93R in cata.

Mebbe make it a rare gun?

There seems to be no way to craft “plant food” in the prospective 0.9, hindering the farming mechanic of the game if it is not obtained through the debug menu.

In 0.8, this is listed in recipes.json:

{ "result": "fertilizer_liquid", "category": "CC_DRINK", "skill_used": "cooking", "skills_required": ["surivival", 2], "difficulty": 3, "time": 20000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ [ "hotplate", 5 ], [ "toolset", 1 ], [ "fire", -1 ] ], [ [ "pan", -1 ], [ "pot", -1 ], [ "rock_pot", -1 ] ] ], "components": [ [ [ "water", 1 ] ], [ [ "meal_bone", 2 ] ], [ [ "meal_chitin_piece", 1 ] ], [ [ "ammonia", 1 ] ] ] }

Despite having the misspelled skill required “surivival” (sic), the item “plant food” is oddly still listed under DRINKS on the craft menu, though without the survival skill requirement: “Required skills: N/A”.

In 0.9, this is listed in recipes.json:

{ "type" : "recipe", "result": "fertilizer_liquid", "category": "CC_CHEM", "skill_used": "cooking", "skills_required": ["surivival", 2], "difficulty": 3, "time": 20000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": true, "tools": [ [ [ "hotplate", 5 ], [ "chemistry_set", 5 ], [ "char_smoker", 1 ], [ "toolset", 1 ], [ "fire", -1 ] ], [ [ "chemistry_set", -1 ], [ "pan", -1 ], [ "pot", -1 ], [ "rock_pot", -1 ] ] ], "components": [ [ [ "water", 1 ], [ "water_clean", 1 ] ], [ [ "meal_bone", 2 ] ], [ [ "meal_chitin_piece", 1 ] ], [ [ "ammonia", 1 ], [ "lye_powder", 100 ] ] ] }

Now, still having the misspelled skill required “surivival” (sic), the item “plant food” is not listed in the craft menu; neither under DRINKS nor, as it should be because the new category is “CC_CHEM”, in the CHEMS menu.

I’m not entirely sure that this post should go here, because it’s a minor bug that would not break the game for anyone that isn’t sitting in one place and farming for survival (say, as may happen with Meat Intolerance). Let me know if this should be moved to The Garage.
First time posting.

Entering deep water from a vehicle glitches the game. You can’t dive underwater, and once you get back on land, moving causes the message,

DEBUG: map::unboard_vehicle: vehicle not foundrol) is already there
Press spacebar…

Re-entering and re-leaving the vehicle in question clears the error.

[quote=“Atlas, post:17, topic:3870”]There seems to be no way to craft “plant food” in the prospective 0.9, hindering the farming mechanic of the game if it is not obtained through the debug menu.

I’m not entirely sure that this post should go here, because it’s a minor bug that would not break the game for anyone that isn’t sitting in one place and farming for survival (say, as may happen with Meat Intolerance). Let me know if this should be moved to The Garage.
First time posting.[/quote]

Whoops, that’s a perfectly fine bug to report here, it doesn’t have to be showstoppers. Thanks a lot.
Also welcome to the forums.

[quote=“KA101, post:15, topic:3870”]Beretta’s Italian, last I knew.[/quote]Yeah, Beretta was, still is, and always will be Italian.