0.9 Release Candidate

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but I blew up a mininuke one square from my car and all it did was break a couple of solar panels.

Speaking of bugs, however, the reason why I was nuking my beloved car is becuase the game has decided that I am no longer allowed to drive it, and catapults me out of the car into an infinite series of unboard_vehicle debug notes while I zip across the landscape 5 squares at a time with my car tesseracting in the opposite direction if I try. I suspect that this is related to the aforementioned bug regarding moving from the vehicle into water, since I was parked adjacent to a deep water square.

Except the beretta that they police in the USA use. They produce it in America. Because theyre cautious about those crafty Italians producing guns for them. (or so I think…It might be the glock that they produce in America for the police force)

Whoops, that's a perfectly fine bug to report here, it doesn't have to be showstoppers. Thanks a lot.

Well in that case, here’s a pretty odd little thing.
I just drank some cooked fruit (yes, apparently, you drink a fried apple) and my character’s speed dropped significantly. Also it seems that fried apples inherently taste nasty to everyone. Going into my character sheet, cooked fruit is indeed a very powerful depressant.

Currently in comestibles.json of the prospective 0.9:

{ "type" : "COMESTIBLE", "id" : "fruit_cooked", "name" : "cooked fruit", "weight" : 100, "color" : "red", "addiction_type" : "none", "spoils_in" : 90, "use_action" : "NONE", "stim" : -24, "container" : "jar_3l_glass", "to_hit" : 0, "comestible_type" : "DRINK", "symbol" : "~", "quench" : 0, "heal" : 0, "addiction_potential" : 0, "nutrition" : 18, "description" : "It's like fruit jam, only without sugar.", "price" : 10, "material" : "null", "tool" : "null", "volume" : 1, "cutting" : 0, "phase" : "liquid", "charges" : 1, "bashing" : 0, "fun" : -2, "flags" : ["USE_EAT_VERB"] }

Note the lines:

"stim" : -24 "fun" : -2
While this is probably going to be fixed, I would like to go on the record as saying that I for one love the inebriating effects of fried apples. That is, in spite of their seemingly horrid taste.

That’s a weird one.

I think I may know when and how it was introduced, but that’s beside the point.

PR’ed

Can you transfer a save from 0.8 into this new version? Perhaps I have done something wrong. I ran the new version so it would make it’s files and what not. Then deleted the save folder and transferred in the one I have from 0.8. It loads up okay, but then I can’t move and the game keeps going into “not responding”. I apologize if it’s common knowledge this isn’t possible, or if I did something wrong. Any advice?

it should definitely be possible - if it’s not, it’s a bug, and we’ll try to fix it.

Providing the saves that aren’t working would be a huge help.

Ok I’m not sure about the preferred method, but here is a link that should work I think:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_zQMjmcANJPMmQwcUZKUENKQXc&usp=sharing

For some reason about half of the items in my inventory are accessed by the “o” key…

EDIT: Happened once with bionic spy, has not happened again.

Is it supposed to be like this? Zombears are almost unaffected by dissectors, ran tests and after 10 dissectors it was lightly injured…

Well this is a fun little glitch. Drizzle appears to make fires burn harder, rather than making them die down. I am certainly going to enjoy this one while it lasts :smiley:

I will say this build for the windows. Is running extremely well and I am really liking these new features. There is one thing that I’d like to ask, do the zombies get bored if you hide? I was sitting in a house with a [glow=red,2,300]Zombie Brute[/glow] beating down the door and I guess the RNG gods had enough entertainment because he just up and left after a few in-game minutes, with me cowering in a small empty room with knife-spear at the ready.

I just downloaded the current experimental version and i found the following problems:

• If i load a saved game - the world created by this build - i got a faction related debug error message.
    http://i.imgur.com/C3Dz0eZ.png
  • saved game from 0.8 stable works fine until saved. After that the load just shows some debug error message and the game exits.
    http://i.imgur.com/2cRjuVs.png
  • I think zombie hunter should not be in the classic category.

Not sure if it’s a bug or a new feature or what but labs seem to get about 15-20 degrees colder every level, to the point where you can barely take a step on the bottom of a six-story lab without freezing to death. I’ll have to try to look for an Internal Climate Control or something.

You’ve found one of the new ice labs! It’s quite intentional that it’s growing colder as you descend deeper into its depths.

It might be a good idea to retrace your steps and come back later with severe weather gear, like fur robes and armor, or one of the new winterized survivor suits.

Welcome to the future!

New user first post

“Simple Flamethrower” is listed as “Simple Flamethr.” with the period.

In the item list it’s directly below “Flamethrower” and “Spraycan flamethrower” so I don’t see a reason for the inconsistency. It is like this in both the RC and .08.

When going out on my daily whatever, I often see birds (turkeys, crows, chickens), but the moment they spawn into my line of sight they immediately begin fleeing. Either crows have the eyes of eagles and are absurdly skittish, or there’s something wrong going on. I have animal empathy on, so perhaps the feat is increasing the radius of their flee behavior to or beyond my line of sight? Perhaps they are just meant to always be fleeing from the player, regardless of distance?

Ice labs? Interesting. I found that Internal Climate Control eventually and managed to wrangle an Internal Furnace from one of the earlier levels, so hopefully I can make it to the bottom. If the bottom floor isn’t overrun with yetis and ice zombies I will be disappointed.

So I’m not certain that this is a bug, but I figured it was suspect enough that I registered to post this (anything to get to the stable). Anyway, this could be intentional, but I stumbled upon a ridiculous cache of guns early on.

Made a crude sword and shortbow in the shelter, took out a few zombie dogs and one spitter on the way there, and reached a house on the edge of town. Entered the house, shut all the windows, and went to check out the basement.

The screenshot shows the contents of those display racks (which don’t seem to indicate visually whether or not they contain anything, but that might be a problem with the tileset and not the game itself). Posted a link to the image as the forum won’t let me post an attachment.

http://postimg.org/image/5uqy2d2nl/

So I'm not certain that this is a bug, but I figured it was suspect enough that I registered to post this (anything to get to the stable). Anyway, this could be intentional, but I stumbled upon a ridiculous cache of guns early on.
So have I. I don't think it's a bug as I've been walking into such caches for a couple releases now. Can't wait until you stumble into an underground marijuana facility. I spawned near a town where three houses out of the five on a street were all growing weed in the basement. D.A.R.E. must not be operating in this city. Either that or the game has confused New England for Washington/Colorado.

Yeah, there have been gun cache basements for a while, it’s just more common now because a lot more houses have basements now.