Bugs I have found in 0.4 Pre-Release - Growing list addition

Edit: Done for tonight, possible bug report tomorrow. Happy to say, not to buggy at all.

Meet the Evil bugs:
No starting NPC in the evac shelter? (new change or evil bug?)
Can’t light up a nice cigar with a matchbook? (Maybe these dinky matches are puts on glasses, are no match for these hefty cigars)
Edit #1: Can’t light up Cigs with the handy matchbook either? (coincidence or just an unfortunate bug?)

Meet the “Fixes”/Reasons:
Npc’s Are being worked on and are deactivated for the current build. Turn them back on by editing the /data/npc.txt file

More to come (possibly :wink: )

Ps. Don’t worry I found a lighter for those baby’s
Pps. Zombie dogs are a pain in the rear, though a very cool addition!

Starting NPC in evac shelter: intentionally removed. While not generally the source of crashes, they were still a little buggy.

Matchbooks not being usable to light stuff: I reported it on Git at one point, not sure if anyone has immediate plans to fix it. The item code is fairly delicate, we’re working on making it easier to work with - dunno if matchbooks will get fixed before or after that.

Thanks for the reports! I’ll be especially interested to see if you find any bugs that we’re unaware of, of course - those are the fun ones :).

Bugs with the npcs:

Game could crash on completing a mission.
Missions are assigned for all players at once.
NPC’s are only saved on save, not on death.
Loading NPCs is buggy, some npcs teleport to the current character.
Overmap places them at the wrong places.
And these are only the ones I can quickly recall.

So they have been temporary disabled.

[quote=“Soyweiser, post:3, topic:683”]Bugs with the npcs:

Game could crash on completing a mission.
Missions are assigned for all players at once.
NPC’s are only saved on save, not on death.
Loading NPCs is buggy, some npcs teleport to the current character.
Overmap places them at the wrong places.
And these are only the ones I can quickly recall.

So they have been temporary disabled.[/quote]

ah, Yea very understandable why they need work done on them.

I found a bug where if you bind the spacebar to a command and then exit the game, when you open the game up again it will rebind multiple keys to the command you bound space to causing general confusion and in worst case can rebind the ? key.

Footnote: another bug I found was (if this even is a bug) if you have the animal empathy trait there is a rare chance that wolves will stop attacking you and start attacking each other.

Lulzy glitch in most recent version of 0.4

When you go to the @ screen, the part that shows encumberance for everything is a bit wonky with the torso and head. When not selected it has Torso at the top, but when you scroll over to it Torso becomes “Heado” and it has Head just underneath it. If you move while in that menu (up or down) the names go back to their original slots (torso’s back in the middle) but Heado stays Heado and Heado has the description for Head but shows the encumberance (-1 since I was wearing a fitted Tanktop) of the torso.

The Heado thing seems to be caused by Torso being right underneath it, so the second O in Torso comes out underneath head, making Heado. This is pretty funny, actually. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Also another one I’ve noticed a while ago is, when saving templates, it only seems to save it half the time. Any reason for this?
EDIT:Nevermind, this was caused by a colon mucking up the filename. >.<

It seems 0.4 Pre-Release is determined to stop me from getting ahead in life…

…that is to say, my maximum head hitpoints seem to be decreasing over time the longer I play. I’m down to 37 max head HPs now.

Not sure what the cause is, exactly. I’ve a couple of theories:

[ul][]This character is undergoing a lot of mutations. Perhaps having a bunch of them stacked up is doing wonky things to max HP.
[
]This character has had a few helmets break on him while he was still wearing them. Perhaps having a helmet break while the character is wearing them is reducing maximum head hitpoints.[/ul]

Me, I’d probably look for whatever silly code thinks it can adjust maximum head hit points that’s not associated with initial character creation as the most probable cause.

acid rain falls inside the shelter in spots. no broken doors or windows and all doors are closed.

To clarify, it seems to be the puddles of acid that are doing this, and not just the acid rain effect.

Though, speaking of the acid rain effect, all rain effects seems to show up in the corner tiles of buildings (including the shelter).

Cataclysm spiked at 100% core use for a while.

It may have had something to do with wolf AIs. When they start biting each-other, they lose tracking on me.

Also, IDK if anything was fixed with temperature, though I heard frostbite was supposed to be cured.

Do I really need winter gear to sleep?

Ah, not surprising, I may have found why I’m cold, again: I gained 2 points of wet, inside of the base floor of a science lab.

my torso encumbrance is listed as 0, but I have -8 melee and -8 ranged fighting. now i have a backpack and military ruffsack on so this is probably correct, but the chart is wrong.

I was able to wear both reading glasses and eyeglasses at the sme time. I understand the reasoning due to the 2 negative traits. might watn to add bifocals. This is a low.

I could understand the Wet making one colder. Getting Wet whilst inside is a problem, though (I thought they fixed that???) and given how nasty Cold can be, I’d ask that there be some way to remove Wet faster than simply waiting for it to time out. Towel/fire/change clothes/etc?

0.4 release stuff.

Revolvers eject shells when firing. Save the ejection for when you reload.
Can’t examine my installed bionics. Oh no!
Can’t smoke pot with matches.

Requesting that this gets turned into a general 0.4 thread to cut down on clutter.

Well, I have a bug from 0.4. Not the pre release, but what the last guy said, cut down on clutter.

Anyways, Ive been waking up dead tired after sleep every day. Im on day 6 right now and ive been tired or dead tired the entire time. I’m still sleeping (and healing) and as far as I can tell being tired doesnt do anything, so its not a big deal.

Also not really a bug, but fitted under armor, long underwear, and skirts all seem a bit overpowered as they all give (IMO excessive) negative encumbrance. Ive got all the storage and warmth i need with -1 torso and -3 leg encumbrance.

[quote=“Fast Zombie, post:17, topic:683”]Well, I have a bug from 0.4. Not the pre release, but what the last guy said, cut down on clutter.

Anyways, Ive been waking up dead tired after sleep every day. Im on day 6 right now and ive been tired or dead tired the entire time. I’m still sleeping (and healing) and as far as I can tell being tired doesnt do anything, so its not a big deal.

Also not really a bug, but fitted under armor, long underwear, and skirts all seem a bit overpowered as they all give (IMO excessive) negative encumbrance. Ive got all the storage and warmth i need with -1 torso and -3 leg encumbrance.[/quote]

Oh dang, I wonder if their negative encumbrances stack… :x that shouldn’t be the case!

That’s my bad, I changed the order of the names to match the order in which body temperature is calculated. Overlooked that part :x I hope the only bugs are in the display…

[quote=“pingpong, post:11, topic:683”]Also, IDK if anything was fixed with temperature, though I heard frostbite was supposed to be cured.

Do I really need winter gear to sleep?[/quote]

Being “cold” is supposed to have a chance of waking you up. If you are sleeping on the floor without a cot/mat/bed/etc, you will be hindered further. Something that is unclear for the player is that, at the moment, only torso temperatures are taken into account for sleeping. You can pile on hoodies and you’ll be fine. Let me know if you find you’re waking up too often; I would expect once or twice, a few more if you’re unlucky. Thanks for the screenshot!
Edit: Hm. It reads “Cold Legso” :x

That’s my bad, I changed the order of the names to match the order in which body temperature is calculated. Overlooked that part :x I hope the only bugs are in the display…[/quote]

Yeah, it looks like it’s just a display bug (there were 3 places you had to change the text, and you only hit 1 of them). Should be fixed in the git version, though.