Obligatory February 24 bug thread

Not sure if RNG really likes me for some reason, but I walked into a cave(bear) and found 2 fusion blasters on the floor.

Some of the new furniture can be placed in strange positions within houses. (doors behind kitchens cabinets and such)

Kitchen cabinets do not seem to have a breakable tag.

Dirt floors(the ones you find within barns/garages on farms) do not seem to protect from rain at all.

The resizing of the viewable tiles results in several graphical issues.
For example with 24x24 the map screen overlaps names of tiles you move your cursor over.
It would be nice if the other menus also scaled with the amount of tiles. It is ever so slightly irksome to see map tiles poked around your inventory screen.

But in other words, Very nice release.
The new map tiles and areas are quite nicely done, and I like the inclusion of furniture.
No major bugs really, But I would just like to help in any way possible. Keep up the good work!

Found a big chunk of black nothing, walked into it, asked if I really want to step off that ledge - fell down into the ground beneath, solid rock everywhere.

Desks sometimes spawn outside houses.

Also, the amount of awesome in this release is making me drool. Not sure if a bug or a feature.

I know it’s probably just because it’s purely random, but the furniture in front of doors does actually make it harder to break down and I thought at first it was intentionally meant to be like a barricade.

I declare it an accidental feature.

I don’t know if I just got reallllllly lucky, but cougars seemed very easy to kill, I managed to kill three of them with just a heavy stick (and no skill - even in dodging) without taking hardly any damage. It’s fine if they’re supposed to be easy - but cougars seem as though they should be both rarer and harder to kill.

My apologies if I’m just really, really lucky.

Did nobody noticed anything strange in relation to temperature effects?

I’ve got the ledge thing Vorpal mentioned above. Particularly irritating as it seems to have swallowed my npc’s dog. The temptation to rush around town firing guns wildly and leading huge zombie packs was too much to bear. Due to item overspill I can only reach a fraction of the dropped items though. I seem to recall something about using a 30 foot rope to climb out of pits - will this work?

Re-postan

Arm encumbrance details are obscured. Please show the hard effect like with torso.

Rain coat does not gain the “reinforced” prefix when reinforced forcing you to guess if its alright or about to get tattered.

If you make your game window too large the top bar is above the top of your screen and you have to way to move it. Have to alt+space to move it.

After extending the view size some names aren’t cleared properly and overlap. Like House “Goods” on the world map or Paintulant in effects

Display bug. Those shotgun hulls shouldn’t be using the % comestible tile when landing on a shrub. Had it happen with other stuff when it lands on rubble/shrubs too.

Game doesn’t properly clear excess screen on death. You have a chunk of your former view where you extended the view

Fences can’t use adjacent items to make fence. I had 2 barbed wire below me and add the barbed wire to the post until I picked them up.

I don’t think bicycles can go in reverse. or it’s so slow that I couldn’t do it before mobs showed up.

Another bug. I had 1 carboy of water, 3 canteen of water, and when I went to purify into my held empty carboy it said I had no empty containers. I think it’s from it trying to purify from a carboy and pour into one and having a base item conflict or something. Don’t always have spare space for a starter bottle

Can you clarify how much time each addition of a heavy stick, 2x4, log to a small fire extends it? Maybe add it as a fire tips entry to the help menu

For some reason you can’t burn meat anymore to of all the zambee parts

Can we get chitinous boots and gloves too? We have head, arm, torso, and leg but we’re missing feet and hands for some reason. Bug warrior needs his prot yo.

While wielding a 28" wide wheel, and trying to install it on my motorbike, I ended up installing a 0" wide wheel, and not using up the wielded wheel.

I noticed this, too, together with some other vehicle building - related exploits:

• This also happens for other car parts. (I.e. wielded steel frames do not get used).
  • Also when I repair broken parts, the required item does never get used up (even when not wielded).
  • Finally, removing a headlight gives always a fully loaded flashlight. Installing one, does require only an empty flashlight. Potentially infinite batteries.

I tried to look into this, but didn’t understand the relevant code.

[quote=“Commodore, post:8, topic:263”]Re-postan

Arm encumbrance details are obscured. Please show the hard effect like with torso.

Rain coat does not gain the “reinforced” prefix when reinforced forcing you to guess if its alright or about to get tattered.

If you make your game window too large the top bar is above the top of your screen and you have to way to move it. Have to alt+space to move it.

After extending the view size some names aren’t cleared properly and overlap. Like House “Goods” on the world map or Paintulant in effects

Display bug. Those shotgun hulls shouldn’t be using the % comestible tile when landing on a shrub. Had it happen with other stuff when it lands on rubble/shrubs too.

Game doesn’t properly clear excess screen on death. You have a chunk of your former view where you extended the view

Fences can’t use adjacent items to make fence. I had 2 barbed wire below me and add the barbed wire to the post until I picked them up.

I don’t think bicycles can go in reverse. or it’s so slow that I couldn’t do it before mobs showed up.

Another bug. I had 1 carboy of water, 3 canteen of water, and when I went to purify into my held empty carboy it said I had no empty containers. I think it’s from it trying to purify from a carboy and pour into one and having a base item conflict or something. Don’t always have spare space for a starter bottle

Can you clarify how much time each addition of a heavy stick, 2x4, log to a small fire extends it? Maybe add it as a fire tips entry to the help menu

For some reason you can’t burn meat anymore to of all the zambee parts

Can we get chitinous boots and gloves too? We have head, arm, torso, and leg but we’re missing feet and hands for some reason. Bug warrior needs his prot yo.[/quote]
Just to point out, I did read all of the posts from the last few generals, I just didn’t respond to all of them.

Ive been playing for a bit and have just been informed I cant wield rifles with one arm, never noticed loosing one, unless a hulk managed to rip it off in one hit, but I dont think I ever had any huge pain spikes and the rest of my body apart from chest has never gotten past yellow.
Not sure if bug or I just non observant.

Do you have any mutations or bionics? The fusion blaster arm replaces an arm.

@Darkling: Thanks. I wasn’t sure so I’m probably just going to start dumping them here since it wont run off to foolz in a day or two. Not sure if bug or feature but beds & tables can’t be moved with the move furniture command. Can’t deconstruct doors either.

Yeah, crossposting them here is pretty handy, I tend to miss threads that move too fast. Beds and tables are technically multitile, so they won’t be moveable, and doors I’ll look at.

Ahh, crap, thats it.

There is a typo : “Wood ax” instead of “Wood axe” (or “wooden” i can’t remember, but the “ax” part is certain).

Wood Ax is correct, in the US at least. Axe is the English spelling. Wood designates it as being used to chop wood, as opposed to a wooden axe, which would be made of wood.

Good to know (i’m french). First time i see “ax”, never before, in any subtitle, game or book, if i remember well.

Yeah, I’m leaving Americanisms like that alone.