WW3/sci-fi weapons pack

All weapons and ammunitions have been tested and work. As far a the tactical nuke, it simply is a huge incendiary explosion without radiation so you can loot the bodies.

As for your repeater shotgun idea I was thinking i’d use frag effect and the specs you said. But if you could get an ammo effect that explodes like a frag but only toward the direction it was fired that would help.

Nuke ammo effect. Mega huge explosion with radiation.

Oh I wanted to add a nano-suit that reduces encumbrence, has temporary stat boosts activated individually. They should have maybe a 20 turn usage limit and a 30-40 cooldown. Suit menu -->'a’ctivate. Other abilities like cloaking w/light step and speed enhance.

Noisey cricket ammo that has chance to throw wielder back.

solid stream flame thrower fuel

Ray gun ammo that fires green ‘~’ like lightning or plasma. Has dismemberment effect as well.

Noise emitter ammo effect for darts or whatever.

Proximity ammo effect- once fired the round goes into scan mode waiting for movement to set off the fireball or whatever effect you want instead.

guns

{ "id":"tesla_cannon", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"Telsa Cannon", "description":"A weapon designed by the US military using the tesla coil as a base. It fires a massive electrical arc that could potentialy be dangerous to the weilder. Load with the lightning capsule charge.", "price":100000, "material":["steel","glass"], "weight":5678, "volume":13, "bashing":13, "cutting":-2, "to_hit":1, "use_action":"NONE", "flags":["BACKBLAST","LIGHT_2"], "phase":"solid", "ammo":"lightning_cap", "skill":"shotgun", "ranged_damage":2, "range":3, "dispersion":0, "recoil":0, "durability":20, "burst":0, "clip_size":50, "reload":380 }, { "id":"mk7repeater", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"Mk7 Repeater rifle", "description":"When the big cheese decided bullets were a thing of the past, they invented the Mk7 Repeater rifle. The round individually magnetizes itself into the gun allowing for quick reloading.", "price":10000, "material":["steel","plastic"], "weight":2267, "volume":18, "bashing":10, "cutting":0, "to_hit":1, "ammo":"fusion", "skill":"rifle", "ranged_damage":45, "range":5, "dispersion":0, "recoil":0, "durability":15, "burst":0, "clip_size":8, "reload":80 }, { "id":"zcs11", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"ZCS11", "description":"The gun was developed for military use. Fires the lightning capsule or the evicerator round.", "price":100000, "material":["steel","gold"], "weight":5678, "volume":13, "bashing":13, "cutting":-2, "to_hit":1, "use_action":"NONE", "flags":["BACKBLAST","MODE_BURST"], "phase":"solid", "ammo":"lightning_cap", "skill":"shotgun", "ranged_damage":6, "range":3, "dispersion":0, "recoil":-2, "durability":25, "burst":2, "clip_size":20, "reload":420 }, { "id":"eagle_claw", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"Eagle Claw", "description":"It was the next rifle in line to be the standarized primary weapon of the United States Military. It features a 3-inch long steel claw under the barrel. It fires the .50 caliber.", "price":10000, "material":["plastic","steel"], "weight":4582, "volume":12, "bashing":12, "cutting":30, "to_hit":10, "use_action":"KNIFE", "flags":["MODE_BURST","STAB"], "phase":"solid", "ammo":".50", "skill":"rifle", "ranged_damage":10, "range":5, "dispersion":0, "recoil":0, "durability":25, "burst":3, "clip_size":30, "reload":550 }, { "id":"smart_gun", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"homing rifle", "description":"The homing rifle uses sonar to tell where targets are and makes it much easier to hit, even with little experience. Uses the homing bullet.", "price":10000, "material":["plastic","gold"], "weight":3082, "volume":7, "bashing":5, "cutting":-3, "to_hit":1, "use_action":"NONE", "flags":["RELOAD_ONE"], "phase":"solid", "ammo":"homing", "skill":"rifle", "ranged_damage":10, "range":5, "dispersion":0, "recoil":0, "durability":25, "burst":5, "clip_size":5, "reload":40 }, { "id":"ssb", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"SSB dart rifle", "description":"A single shot bolt action dart gun.", "price":10000, "material":["plastic","steel"], "weight":4582, "volume":12, "bashing":12, "cutting":30, "to_hit":10, "use_action":"NONE", "phase":"solid", "ammo":"dart", "skill":"rifle", "ranged_damage":0, "range":0, "dispersion":0, "recoil":0, "durability":20, "burst":0, "clip_size":1, "reload":35 }, { "id":"tac_launcher", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"Tactical Nuke launcher", "description":"A super-weapon designed to fire the high explosive E82 tactical nuke. Be sure to fire at a distance.", "price":100001, "material":["steel","silver"], "weight":6913, "volume":15, "bashing":13, "cutting":-2, "to_hit":1, "use_action":"NONE", "flags":["BACKBLAST"], "phase":"solid", "ammo":"tac.nuke", "skill":"launcher", "ranged_damage":6, "range":3, "dispersion":0, "recoil":-2, "durability":25, "burst":2, "clip_size":1, "reload":420 }, { "id":"stpc", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"ShredTech Plasma-Caster", "description":"A military science masterpiece. The Plasma-Caster fires a super-heated gas that will burn your enemies to a crisp.", "price":6000, "material":["iron","wood"], "weight":1992, "volume":2, "bashing":12, "cutting":0, "to_hit":1, "flags":["LIGHT_2"], "ammo":"plasma", "skill":"rifle", "ranged_damage":20, "range":15, "dispersion":2, "recoil":7, "durability":9, "burst":0, "clip_size":6, "reload":80 }, { "id":"sonic_shot", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"sonic shotgun", "description":"The sonic shotgun fires a concussive flash round. Only point at thing you intend to obliterate.", "price":10000, "material":["steel","plastic"], "weight":2267, "volume":18, "bashing":10, "cutting":0, "to_hit":1, "flags":["RELOAD_ONE"], "ammo":"slap", "skill":"shotgun", "ranged_damage":25, "range":5, "dispersion":0, "recoil":0, "durability":15, "burst":0, "clip_size":8, "reload":80 }, { "id":"noisey_cricket", "type":"GUN", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"(", "name":"noisey cricket", "description":"Capable of blowing a hole through a wall with a single shot, the Noisy Cricket also has enough of a kickback that if its user isn\u0027t careful they might get thrown through a wall too. If this happens, cracking wise is recommended.", "price":6000, "material":["iron","wood"], "weight":700, "volume":1, "bashing":-2, "cutting":-2, "to_hit":2, "use_action":"NONE", "flags":["RELOAD_ONE"], "ammo":"cricket", "skill":"pistol", "ranged_damage":6, "range":6, "dispersion":0, "recoil":12, "durability":9, "burst":0, "clip_size":10, "reload":80 }
ammo

{ "id":"lightning_cap", "type":"AMMO", "color":"light_gray", "symbol":"=", "name":"lightning capsule", "description":"A small plastic shelled battery that loads into the tesla cannon as ammunition. Virtually weightless. ", "price":540, "weight":0, "volume":2, "bashing":0, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"lightning_cap", "damage":42, "pierce":5, "range":25, "dispersion":-15, "recoil":4, "count":50, "effects":["LIGHTNING"] }, { "id":"homing_bullet", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"=", "name":"homing bullet", "description":"The homing bullet.", "price":1000, "material":["powder","silver"], "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":0, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"homing", "damage":15, "pierce":30, "range":50, "dispersion":-150, "recoil":4, "count":5, "effects":["COOKOFF","INCENDIARY"] }, { "id":"evicerator", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"=", "name":"Evicerator round", "description":"A high powered shock-and-awe ammunition. Fire at a distance only. The rounds are strangly weightless.", "price":600, "weight":0, "volume":2, "bashing":0, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"lightning_cap", "damage":35, "pierce":5, "range":25, "dispersion":-15, "recoil":4, "count":50, "effects":["LIGHTNING","FRAG"] }, { "id":"dart_ied", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"explosive darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are explosive.", "price":100, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":1, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["EXPLOSIVE"] }, { "id":"dart_inc", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"incendiary darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are incendiary.", "price":100, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["INCENDIARY"] }, { "id":"dart_frag", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"frag darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are fragmentation.", "price":100, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["FRAG"] }, { "id":"dart_acid", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"aciddarts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are acidbomb.", "price":100, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["ACIDBOMB"] }, { "id":"dart_tear", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"teargas darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are teargas.", "price":100, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["TEARGAS"] }, { "id":"dart_smoke", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"smoke darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are smoke.", "price":1, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["SMOKE"] }, { "id":"dart_flash", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"flash_darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are flashbang.", "price":1, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["FLASHBANG"] }, { "id":"dart_bean", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"beanbag_darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are beanbags.", "price":1, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["BEANBAG"] }, { "id":"dart_plasma", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"plasma_darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are plasma.", "price":1, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["PLASMA"] }, { "id":"dart_fire", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"-", "name":"fireball_darts", "description":"A handful of darts, useful as ammunition for blowguns or dart guns. These ones are flaming.", "price":1, "material":"wood", "weight":1, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"dart", "damage":10, "pierce":0, "range":30, "dispersion":1, "recoil":0, "count":10, "effects":["IGNITE","INCENDIARY"] }, { "id":"e82", "type":"AMMO", "color":"yellow", "symbol":"=", "name":"E82 Tactical Nuke", "description":"A large war head to be fired for means of demolition or otherwise.", "price":1, "material":"wood", "weight":2000, "volume":1, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "use_action":"MININUKE", "phase":"solid", "ammo_type":"tac.nuke", "damage":100, "pierce":0, "range":25, "dispersion":-5, "recoil":6, "count":1, "effects":["EXPLOSIVE_HUGE","INCENDIARY","STREAM"] }, { "id":"plasma_charge", "type":"AMMO", "color":"light_green", "symbol":"=", "name":"plasma_charge", "description":"A small casing containing key element to unleashing a powerful plasma blast.", "price":800, "material":"steel", "weight":113, "volume":10, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"plasma", "damage":40, "pierce":20, "range":20, "dispersion":0, "recoil":-3, "count":25, "effects":["IGNITE","PLASMA"] }, { "id":"concussive", "type":"AMMO", "color":"light_cyan", "symbol":"=", "name":"concussive", "description":"A special ammo that delivers a concussive flash blast.", "price":800, "material":"steel", "weight":113, "volume":10, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"slap", "damage":40, "pierce":20, "range":20, "dispersion":0, "recoil":-3, "count":25, "effects":["EXPLOSIVE","FLASHBANG"] }, { "id":"cricket", "type":"AMMO", "color":"light_cyan", "symbol":"=", "name":"cricket", "description":"A round that loads into the noisey cricket.", "price":800, "material":"steel", "weight":113, "volume":10, "bashing":1, "cutting":0, "to_hit":0, "ammo_type":"cricket", "damage":40, "pierce":20, "range":20, "dispersion":0, "recoil":-3, "count":15, "effects":["EXPLOSIVE_BIG","PLASMA","IGNITE"] }
I hope you like them.
Am taking suggestions for more future sci-fi weapons, armor, gear.

Wow, quite extensive. Are these prototypes, or have you tested that they work? In particular “tac.nuke” catches my eye, I’m not sure if our json handling code will like that, but it might.

Interesting. I’d like to see the names of the guns a bit in line with standard naming conventions, and I’d like to see a clear line drawn between “proto-type” weapons, like the plasma casters, and weapons that might conceivably see widespread deployment in the military (like the tactical nuke launchers).

Also wouldn’t mind seeing some MetalStorm-esque weapons in there - it’s quite silly to think of bullets ever REALLY going out of style, the future military just uses them more gratuitously.

Some ideas:
A repeater that almost functions as a shotgun, a weapon that quickly fires extremely heavy ammo extremely fast with almost no recoil or heat generation due to innovative design, a weapon that fires bullets that explode when within a certain proximity of their target, insuring a shotgun blast effect from very long range.

If there are some mechanical challenges or game code that would be needed to make the guns function properly, feel free to propose them anyway, I must just see what I can do about adding something in.

I saw “Noisy Cricket” and instantly had the image of my character firing one at a horde of zombies, and then my character flying backwards 10 tiles into a dumpster, a la Men In Black.

Also…

[quote=“GlyphGryph, post:3, topic:3865”]a weapon that quickly fires extremely heavy ammo extremely fast with almost no recoil or heat generation due to innovative design[/quote]While not exactly firing “heavy” ammo particularly fast, the AA-12 automatic shotgun produces only about 10% of the recoil typical of a normal 12-gauge shotgun (for example, a Remington 870) due to an advanced recoil absorption mechanism built into the body of the gun.

I saw “Noisy Cricket” and instantly had the thought that I need to make a "RIDICULOUS RECOIL" flag for guns, so, same ^^
(We already have this nice “fling_player()” method that we call when you jump out of a car and in a few other scenarios, wouldn’t even be that hard to add)

One tenth? I don’t know if you’ve seen it but there’s a video of some guy firing an AA12 one handed on full auto and it’s barely bouncing about in his hand

One tenth? I don’t know if you’ve seen it but there’s a video of some guy firing an AA12 one handed on full auto and it’s barely bouncing about in his hand[/quote]One-tenth according to its Wikipedia writeup. Yes, I have seen a video of somebody firing an AA-12 one handed. I have also seen him dual-wield AA-12s with no problem.

Tesla stuff? Well here, have an Arc Gun concept originally meant for Cortex Command.
http://imgur.com/a/L7Yo7
Might be inspiring.

Not all recoil is equal. Some guns recoil straight back, more or less, more controlable with fewer directions and deviations to mess with your bracing

I don’t think the tac.nuke ammo type will work as it’s written, but I’ve been playing around with the idea of some sort of weapon that could fire modified mininukes, and I think I know how to wire it up so it would work. Since we’re currently in a feature freeze nothing can come of it for a few days though.

I’ve got several other ideas for near-future weapons on my list and a few ideas for fancy armor things too, but I’m still working out the particulars on those.

[quote=“Slax, post:8, topic:3865”]Tesla stuff? Well here, have an Arc Gun concept originally meant for Cortex Command.
http://imgur.com/a/L7Yo7
Might be inspiring.[/quote]

Ahh man I love cortex command!

And then you try modding CC.