Clayton's Firearm Project (Dead)

Sorry for anyone who was interested, but I am discontinuing work on this. A lot of people were complaining about “too many weapons” being in the game, and I didn’t want to make this a mod for a multitude of design reasons, so I am abandoning this project.

Are you going to be adding fictional, futuristic weapons that feature high electric charges and plasma?

I wouldn’t be apposed to them, but I personally have no creativity when it comes to that haha. I’m hoping to come across someone who has a bigger imagination for futuristic weapons than I.

I’m going to throw a few near-future and energy type firearms into the GIT submissions. We need some more sci-fi options for laboratory/military treasure.

i know this wont be totally realistic, but can we have guns use the existing ammo types? if we keep adding massive numbers of guns, we will end up spawning less of a specific type of ammo and it will be difficult to get ammo for them. its also becoming more of a hassle to manage ammo to guns.

That’s my general plan.

I’m only implementing a single new ammo type, and that’s mainly for learning purposes. Most everything I design should use extant ammunition.

Actually, most weapons that I’ve been toying around with use the same ammo type (5.56x45 NATO rounds).

Yup. We need Tesla Coils somewhere alright.
(I just had a fantastic, terrifying, an abomination of an idea for a scenario to be played through our game. Wonder where I could submit it with out letting everybody know about it, just like in the Lore section?)

Judging by how you are going with rifles, and the ones you have already written down are all assult rifles, I might be willing to help. I was thinking that I could either cover sniper rifles or pistols. Preferably sniper rifles but pistols are OK if you plan to cover all rifles. Your records so far are a bit inconsistent, but that is probably since you have not finished yet. You can either PM me the format or just post it on this thread, I will see it.

Also, what do you think about references, such as an anti-material rifle (fallout) or a Walther PPK that is referencing Bond in the description?

So as I see it there are basically 4 arch types when it comes to guns right? Pistols, (sub)machine guns, shotguns and rifles. Any arguements against/modifications to this list?

[quote=“Otaku, post:9, topic:2394”]Judging by how you are going with rifles, and the ones you have already written down are all assult rifles, I might be willing to help. I was thinking that I could either cover sniper rifles or pistols. Preferably sniper rifles but pistols are OK if you plan to cover all rifles. Your records so far are a bit inconsistent, but that is probably since you have not finished yet. You can either PM me the format or just post it on this thread, I will see it.

Also, what do you think about references, such as an anti-material rifle (fallout) or a Walther PPK that is referencing Bond in the description?

So as I see it there are basically 4 arch types when it comes to guns right? Pistols, (sub)machine guns, shotguns and rifles. Any arguements against/modifications to this list?[/quote]

The arch types are:

Rifles
Submachine Guns
Shotguns
Heavy Machine Guns
Pistols
Sniper Rifles
Launchers

You can add modifications, I’ll update the thread today with all the formats. And yeah, my recording of the rifles sometimes skip some information. Sorry about that. But some of the stuff doesn’t really make a difference, like “Barrel Length” haha.

But if you want to help, choose a category and I’ll put your name by it on the main post.

Oh, and about cross references: Go for it, as long as they don’t share the same name and fit into DDA lore/canon.

Just posted new guns and stuff!
GIT!

This could either make our searching lives easier.

Sniper Rifles
Pistols
Submachine Guns

There are more lists like these hyperlinked at the bottom of the links I provided.

Also, Clayton, how many would you like from sniper rifles. I am all for realism so how about I do all of them? (1 variation from each, so like M40A5 but not M40A3 or M40A1)

EDIT: Anybody know about legal jargon? I am thinking of adding several sniper rifles, but most of their names are derived from the company names (Walther PPK, or Accuracy International AW50, among others). Does anybody know if we can /legally/ place this names into cataclysm? I dont want the devs to get into trouble by using a name they should not have.

[quote=“Otaku, post:13, topic:2394”]This could either make our searching lives easier.

Sniper Rifles
Pistols
Submachine Guns

There are more lists like these hyperlinked at the bottom of the links I provided.

Also, Clayton, how many would you like from sniper rifles. I am all for realism so how about I do all of them? (1 variation from each, so like M40A5 but not M40A3 or M40A1)

EDIT: Anybody know about legal jargon? I am thinking of adding several sniper rifles, but most of their names are derived from the company names (Walther PPK, or Accuracy International AW50, among others). Does anybody know if we can /legally/ place this names into cataclysm? I dont want the devs to get into trouble by using a name they should not have.[/quote]

Eh, I’m trying to stay away from variations of the same weapon platform. But as many different sniper rifles as you feel would fit into the lore.

And yes I am certain we can use their names because there isn’t any monetary gain, but I could be completely wrong.

My judgment on “fit into the lore” basically means all of the Wikipedia entries. So I will just create a super list for you, then you can narrow it down. OK?

Tesla cannon i made. works best with lightning ammo but will take fusion. Make sure to add it to the item_groups as well.

Document.rtf (912 Bytes)

also got the shiskebab

{
“id”: “shishkebab”,
“type”: “TOOL”,
“symbol”: “(”,
“color”: “red”,
“name”: “shishkebab”,
“description”: “A heafty katana that spews flames from the blade.”,
“rarity”: 15,
“price”: 0,
“material”: “steel”,
“techniques”: [“FLAMING”, “SWEEP”, “BRUTAL”, “RAPID”],
“flags”: [“FIRE”, “SLICE”],
“weight”: 8,
“volume”: 7,
“bashing”: 12,
“cutting”: 100,
“to_hit”: 3,
“max_charges”: 75,
“initial_charges”: 75,
“charges_per_use”: 1,
“turns_per_charge”: 20,
“ammo”: “gasoline”,
“revert_to”: “null”,
“use_action”: “LIGHTER”
},
light the bodies after you quickly disbatch them!!

I think I’ll just leave this here…

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

Military stuff can go sniff a butt. Awesome civilian arsenal, ho!
Mostly so you get a big smile on your face whenever you run into something more advanced.

PS90 - SMG/Rifle
Caliber: 5.7x28mm
Firemode(s): Semi
Length: 666mm (407mm barrel)
Weight: Probably a wee bit heavier than the regular P90
Magazine Capacity: 30 (easy modification allows for 50)

Kel Tec PMR-30 - Handgun
Caliber: .22WMR (because .22LR wants a big brother)
Firemode(s): Semi
Length: 200mm (109mm barrel)
Weight: 385g unloaded
Magazine Capacity: 30

What about a Mosin-Nagant, complete with standard-issue bayonet? It’d need it’s own ammo, but come on! It’s a Mosin-Nagant!