Which Zombie Spawn is Standard Now?

I just recently downloaded a new experimental and I noticed that “Static Spawns” has been removed from the options.

The way I understand spawns to work is this: Static Spawns created zeds at the world or region generation and there was a fixed pool that when exhausted would not refill. This meant that it was possible to eliminate all of the zeds in an area.

Dynamic Spawn was when Static Spawn was off and spawned them continuously from their spawn points. This method had an unlimited pool of monsters.

Wander Spawns didn’t affect either of those things, but rather caused the spawn points to move around and go to noise.

If any of these assumptions are wrong, please correct me.

Now that Static Spawn isn’t a selectable option which of the two spawn methods (Static or Dynamic) is used?

As far as wander spawn go, it spawns a massive meatwall of zombies on the edge of the map that follow really loud noises and just wander along the map. ( That means if you got the means to do it, you can remove that horde forever)

[quote=“mentos046, post:1, topic:13443”]I just recently downloaded a new experimental and I noticed that “Static Spawns” has been removed from the options.

The way I understand spawns to work is this: Static Spawns created zeds at the world or region generation and there was a fixed pool that when exhausted would not refill. This meant that it was possible to eliminate all of the zeds in an area.

Dynamic Spawn was when Static Spawn was off and spawned them continuously from their spawn points. This method had an unlimited pool of monsters.

Wander Spawns didn’t affect either of those things, but rather caused the spawn points to move around and go to noise.

If any of these assumptions are wrong, please correct me.

Now that Static Spawn isn’t a selectable option which of the two spawn methods (Static or Dynamic) is used?[/quote]

I’ve been wondering the same thing myself. I wish they would’ve kept the option. Sometimes I like to play with Dynamic spawns.

It’s locked to static spawns now. You’re correct that wander spawns is an entirely separate thing.