What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?

We need people to artwork this shit.

Feel free. Atleast you’ve got some skill. Far more than myself.

I can’t draw people.

With mtPaint under Lubuntu, first time ever i use this tool, and first time ever i draw something like this…

Probably better than I’d have done.

Zombies were coming, but enough time to pillage the military surplus. I didn’t know what the camera was for. Now, i know. The robocop killed me…

Next game, I was happy, and then i talk to an NPC to give him aspirins (quested). Game Crashed.

Cracks me up. I’ll still stick to ASCII though.

Started a new game got some shit together 3 days in and building a fortress in a clearning in the woods not far from a large town, and killed a zombie who followed me back who had 3 mossberg 500’s on him.

One life later…

One life later…

Ruminant is totally overpowered. I can just keep eating and eating bushes, increasing my hunger level so high that I don’t have to eat for days. My robust genetics character is currently chugging every mutagen he can get his hands on and I have feathers, hooves, ruminant, dextrous, herbivore, infrared vision, antlers, and poison resistant.

So your a feathered deer man? Cool.

Not every story has to be epic.
I was riding my bicycle down the road, seeing where it went, when low and behold a pack of wolves jumps out of the woods right behind me. So I start high tailing it out of there. Unfortunately I’m paying more attention to the wolves then what’s in front of me. As the last wolf falls out of sight behind me, I sudden notice the traps laid smack dab in the middle of the road and I’m heading right for the middle. Since I won’t be able to turn in time to go around, I decide to go between the traps. Just as I’m about to make it to the other side, an unseen shotgun trap goes off and trashes my front tire. I quickly hop off my bike, grab what little food I have in the basket on the back. Behind me, just out of sight still lies that pack of wolves. So now on foot, I must continue forward, into the unknown…

Sounds like a good time to lure some unsuspecting wolves into a trap nest.

For the past several days I’ve been gathering supplies and stuffing them into my safehouse (a science lab), which is currently being overtaken by excess food and crafting materials. I’m planning on raiding some more distant labs for mutagen or CBMs, but so far not much luck on the closer labs. I’ve cleared out most of the city I’m near to equipment-wise, there’s two megastores and a hospital there’s little chance of actually clearing it of zombies without one hell of an effort (or a nuke).

So essentially I’m out of things to do. Any recommendations? I’m working on pimping my ride (steel plating, mounted weapons, etc.) and I’m making a little bit of progress due to the lack of steel for armoring it. I also can’t find any rubber hose to make a flamethrower, is there something I can disassemble to get one?

And another question relating to that - is there a way to speed up my car without a 6L engine? I’ve heard even with a muffler they’re loud as hell, and I’d rather not have to expend all my ammunition fighting hordes.

Not sure about the rest offhand, but as to:

If your mechanics is high enough you can install multiple smaller engines, though the requirements are quite high.

If you manage to scrape together enough batteries, or solar panels, a Large Electric motor is pretty powerful.

I got bored and I (badly) drawed a picture of me bashing a zed. :stuck_out_tongue:

When someone calls them Zeds, I feel like this a Canadian forum.

This is kind of cheating because I’m testing features, but it’s way too awesome not to share.

zpmorgan just pushed some fixed-body collision code, and I wanted to give it a try, so I spawned a motorcycle, walked south a bit, spawned a military truck, got up to speed and rammed the motorcycle. The motorcycle bounced further ahead of me a few times, then I lost control of the truck and had to turn to keep hitting it, which made it shoot off to the side. I thought, “that was cool”, but a few turns later saw:

Oh, wonder what happened…
Went to investigate and saw this:

Now THAT’s what I call a crash! :smiley: