What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?

The exact same thing as the thread of the same name back over on the WhalesDev forums. I thought I might start the same thing here, for the same purpose, for those of you who are using the current release.

I’ll start, I suppose. I took a quest to find my shelter buddy’s dog, and went off. Looking at my map, I find a military surplus store right right behind a gun shop; woohoo!! I grabbed some food and water–and a backpack-- from the surplus store, and moved on to the gun shop. No pistols. Dammit. I did grab a Ruger Mini-14, and some ammo, and got lucky with a kinetic bullet puller, and tons of other ammo I wasn’t planning on using anytime soon. Once I find a press & die set, its endless bullets for as long as I can find primers for small pistol and rifle rounds.

No zombies so far, so this mission might prove successful, with some training from the NPC and maybe I can give the guy some of the extra bullets I’m lugging around.

After I snatch the dog, I plan to loot a sporting goods store close to the target house for some miscellaneous supplies, and perhaps a few medical and camping supplies (i.e. a rollmat or cot, a canteen, etc.), then getting the hell out of there.

Managed to get together a bunch of craft material, was going to build some stuff so I could raid better around town, mobbed by zombies on the way back, got hit a bunch of times, pain slows me down and finally a wolf kills me.

I really think wildlife like wolves and bears should be in a separate class, they should be hostile both to other wildlife and to zombies.

stepped outside the evac shelter stepped on a landmine

quickest game ive ever had RNG just decided I needed an ass whooping I guess

Im huddled in a lab reading books and launching raids against a nearby town. I’ve just added an electric motor to my car so it will make less noise. Oh and I have a forked tounge and shout a lot.

[quote=“warwolf0315, post:3, topic:47”]stepped outside the evac shelter stepped on a landmine

quickest game ive ever had RNG just decided I needed an ass whooping I guess[/quote]What happened to the “Do you really want to step in a landmine? Y/N.”

That doesn’t come up if you don’t spot the landmine.

it’s perception based, which can make the irritating glare disease deadly if you’re on the edge.

I’m on fire, thank god for the heat dissipation bionic.

Hey Darkling, do explosives explode if burned?

If so I might have a situation with a few mininukes.

Heh, another character lost because safemode doesn’t stop you from sprinting onto a land mine.

Yeah, landmines… the “s” key saved my butt like ten times already. Speed kills, yo know. I’m just driving around, exploring, looking for towns small enough to clear out Zeds. Home base is now far away, so it’s time to build another outpost.

Starting a new game again, asked the NPC in the Evac Shelter for a quest (and got it), so I begged him to give me something to help me finish the quest faster. After some more begging because he just wouldn’t stop cursing, he finally relented and gave me…

An empty cardboard box. Why, thank you dear NPC, for blessing me with this… unique item.

Note to self: Kill the NPC after the quest is finished.

New game. Run into nearby town to find the NPC’s dog. Dog dies pretty quickly, but I’ve got a machete and a backpack.

Find a truck in a carpark. Nearly full fuel. Start driving around a garage, run over ~500 zombies in the first day. A good start.

Night falls, try to find somewhere to sleep. Pry open a door on a house, a bear steps out and one shots me.

Clearly the bear had claimed the house.

[quote=“Vorpal, post:12, topic:47”]New game. Run into nearby town to find the NPC’s dog. Dog dies pretty quickly, but I’ve got a machete and a backpack.

Find a truck in a carpark. Nearly full fuel. Start driving around a garage, run over ~500 zombies in the first day. A good start.

Night falls, try to find somewhere to sleep. Pry open a door on a house, a bear steps out and one shots me.

Clearly the bear had claimed the house.[/quote]
Perhaps the reason why there are almost no survivors left in towns (or in barricaded houses) is not because of the zombies, but because of the bears showing (mauling) the previous occupants out! Makes sense now.

…now I want a gamemode where I play as the bear.

the last four posts are full of win.

Bear mode! This needs added!

Clearly, you’d start in a cave rather than an evac shelter.

Raiding bee hives for honey would be your main quest. Human survivors could be dangerous but a source of meat.

Other bears could give you quests to avenge their parents, or trade honey with them. They could teach unarmed styles.

Also, you’d be tasked with preventing forest fires.

Also, random Christians roaming the wilds with video cameras would be your main source of food.

Oh sweet Jesus. Zombies. So many zombies! In a carefully planned attack involving 1x1 windows and a wasp sting, I killed hundreds (if not thousands) of zombies of both normal and special flavours in three days but they never stopped coming! Argh, if I get my hands on that NPC who gave a cardboard box to fight these!

With that as my goal, I battled my way through the zombie necromancers (good thing I kept butchering everything that fell before my blade) and Hulks with the trustworthy katana I grabbed off a dead drug lor- Erm, survivor.

But the NPC was dead, along with another corpse on top of him and dozens of zombie corpses and casings near them. Hm… that was disappointing. How will I get my revenge now?

Burn the corpse while wildly firing around yourself.