What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?

A motorcycle did that? Good lord! That shelter could survive the war but not much else huh.

I sense epic in the future of this feature.
Mobile Projected Vehicle Launcher.

“Load yer cannons ye salty scoundrel !” puts a shrapnel in his homemade cannon

Heh, what an idea. Thing that shoots things. Like fallout 3.

I’ve been wandering across the map and saw that weird bridge to mansion.

Is this a bug?

If there is an entrance into the mansion from that bridge then I’ll say tentatively “no, it’s a feature” >.> It will be a good escape route from which to barricade slightly with stuff so you can slow down the zombies when they gate crash your party. It looks like it could be a viable temporary base too

In my current world I too have a interesting river spawn.
http://imgur.com/0BJserA

I spawned on the shelter and got the antibiotics mission. I looted the town and found some but also decided to drive around on a motorcycle and found a lab. Got in and ended up mutating via clone bodyparts/mutagen and came out with canine sense of smell, high night vision, a tail and badly deformed. A net positive I would say.

I don’t make it back in time for the antibiotics because of the swamp crossings at every point. So far after playing lightly this is my first guy who’s passed early game.

To me early game is a good mix of weapons, a closed vehicle and some skills leveled pretty well.
After that it’s being sustainable. I hear beehives are good for training dodge and early food but I haven’t messed with them yet.

Also how to rollmats work? I tried using one and sleeping on it but it didnt work. It said I unrolled it and placed it on the ground but nothing was there and my character would not sleep on the square.

[quote=“int, post:86, topic:47”]In my current world I too have a interesting river spawn.
http://imgur.com/0BJserA[/quote]
I always llove it when craters show up on bridges makes it fell like some one was trying to contain the infection

What are craters exactly? I thought they were a helicopter crash or something because you can find springs and stuff, but I’ve heard they are radioactive too.

Missile impacts sometimes nuclear, sometimes not. I figure the springs and such are there because there were some tanks or vehicles or something the missiles were targeting, and that’s all that’s left.

i think that’s just random trash dug up by the missile in cata lore there was no actual war going on when shit went down

Well I started over because of a bug, I found some dead scientists, a couple mutagen and I have High nightvision :smiley: Phelloderm (barkskin stuff) heat dependent and deformed. I got a 2.5 L car with a muffler and a cabin in the woods. Did the starting mission for a skillup. I have a m1911, glock 9, marlin 39a and an ak47, just need ammo for the AK and I’m good.

Then I was travelling and I got a bug, I was driving in my car, and suddenly I teleported several map squares up and my car is gone and I’m in the middle of the woods. If I try to walk to where I was before I teleport to where I came from. I guess its time to move on, I lost a lot of survival equipment in my car though.

[quote=“int, post:91, topic:47”]Well I started over because of a bug, I found some dead scientists, a couple mutagen and I have High nightvision :smiley: Phelloderm (barkskin stuff) heat dependent and deformed. I got a 2.5 L car with a muffler and a cabin in the woods. Did the starting mission for a skillup. I have a m1911, glock 9, marlin 39a and an ak47, just need ammo for the AK and I’m good.

Then I was travelling and I got a bug, I was driving in my car, and suddenly I teleported several map squares up and my car is gone and I’m in the middle of the woods. If I try to walk to where I was before I teleport to where I came from. I guess its time to move on, I lost a lot of survival equipment in my car though.[/quote]
Are you playing the Feb. 2 release? I thought that the evaporating vehicle thing was fixed in that release.

I’m playing the latest released .exe since I use MSVS and it’s a pain setting up libraries, but if theres really this many bug fixes I’m missing out on, I might as well switch over, only thing is I don’t want to deal with half implemented buggy features like I heard temperature affecting the player is.

Walking through the forest going back to my base from a 1 1/2 day trip I come across a Flaming Eye. Immediately I put a note on my map telling me to avoid there and continued on going around the eye, ignoring the piercing light and the destroyed trees. A few map tiles over I come across a Military Bunker… Thinking about my many science ID’s I wish I had a Military one… or a Jackhammer… -LightBulb- Heads back towards the Flaming Eye

How do you guys handle turrets? I just picked up a bunch of AP ammo and I figure that’ll be enough.

Also asthma might be bugged. My guy wakes up 3 times a night from it. It’s fine during the day, I can crash into 30 zombies and no attacks but I try to have a peaceful sleep? not gonna happen asthma is here.

Success! My plan worked :smiley:

=Edit=

I get back to my base and everything starts falling apart >.<

Whats going on!

And now I’m Hallucinating…

I flee from a city, and amidst the horde of various SPECIAL zombies spawning on the first day before 12:00 PM, I see a Flaming Eye off in the distance… And not one, but two Grackens…

Is the spawn thing still buggy, or is it just me? o.O

[quote=“noname1208, post:96, topic:47”]Success! My plan worked :smiley:

=Edit=

I get back to my base and everything starts falling apart >.<

Whats going on!

And now I’m Hallucinating…[/quote]
Congratulations, you have discovered a whole new world of Fun. Since apparently you weren’t much too careful in practicing in your thirst for !!SCIENCE!!, all sorts of portal creatures will hunt you from now on, thanks to the wonderful and loving flaming eye.

Or at least, that’s what my own experience with flaming eyes told me…

Ohh… so Flaming eyes don’t just make it hard to hide, they also bring others?

Indeed. Other than their wonderful ability to reduce one’s base to rubble and infect one with various delightful diseases such as the infamous Fungus Disease, they also (usually) come from portals, so it stands to reason that other monsters will also come out of the portal… to add to the Fun.

Albeit please keep in mind the knowledge I have of flaming eyes is kinda outdated, since the most recent flaming eye I encountered was in the 13th Jan version of Cata.