What is this?

I walked into a town and noticed a building with boards on it, and I used a halligen bar to get the boards off and as soon as I walked in shotgun traps, mines, bear traps, and various other traps were discovered, and upon entering a north door leading into a hallway, I went up and noticed a door on the left. I went in and… what the hell?

I am not sure if this is a bug so I didn’t put it in that section

[quote=“Omegrosh, post:1, topic:9867”]I walked into a town and noticed a building with boards on it, and I used a halligen bar to get the boards off and as soon as I walked in shotgun traps, mines, bear traps, and various other traps were discovered, and upon entering a north door leading into a hallway, I went up and noticed a door on the left. I went in and… what the hell?
[/quote]
It’s supposed to be a survivalist’s stocked up home, hence the traps and loot. The oddly large amount of loot is likely just luck, unless you’ve changed the item spawn rate.

I always refer to them as Prepper Homes, but it’s the same basic premise. If you see a boarded up house it’s either abandoned and thus empty or filled with all kinds of traps. Bear and crossbow traps in front of boarded up windows, shotgun traps protecting interior doors, and landmines everywhere, especially under the dining room table for some reason. But assuming you can dodge the traps without getting caught, shot or blown up. You’ll find shelves stocked with non-persiable food, a bedroom with a gun cabinet, and a garage full of guns, ammo and reloading tools for the like, sometimes even a working car as well.

This is something wrong with the tileset you’re using. A lot of the icons do not have a sprite in the tileset yet so the game doesn’t know what to do, therefore it fucks up everything you see. It’s happened a few times to me. Walked into a garage and every time I moved the floor would change into whatever I left behind (in this case a line of shopping carts)

Yep happened to me too. Just open inventory or craftingmenu and when you exit the room will look okay…untill you take your next step

Same thing used to happen with Mshock at the mall making the tileset unusable.

Transparency error due to no background assigned to the terrain in there.

Regular MShock tileset is a bit behind, but the modded version has a background assigned for that tile. If it’s still broken after switching to that tileset, tell me because I’ll need to fix that. o3o

That would be which tileset?

MShockTilesetModded. Both the 24 and 32 versions.

[/shamelessplug]

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:10, topic:9867”]MShockTilesetModded. Both the 24 and 32 versions.

[/shamelessplug][/quote]
#needslinks

¿Que? What links? If you’re using the experimental versions, the modded tilesets should already be in the options. >w>

I stand corrected.

Though if those concrete floor thingies are in the stable 0.C then I see that causing extra confusion. o3o

Oh FUCK. Turn off these tiles, they are confusing as hell.

;A;

I’ve actually not replied in this thread thus far cause i didn’t want to be “that guy”
[sup][sup]With whom i do wholly agree however >_> don’t fancy any tileset beside retrodays[/sup][/sup]

But staying ontopic, What exactly are the modded versions of em tilesets?

The modded versions? Basically just my updates to the MShock tileseyt, initially because my mod included terrain that would look broken as hell, just as that concrete does. Since then it’s come to include sprites for my mod content and various sprites/sprite assignments that the standard MShock currently lacks.

I’d give it a fitting name, but I prefer referencing the origin of it via the name. Plus if I named it “Chaosvolt’s Tileset” or some such thing, it would end up jostling Chesthole out of the default tileset slot, and I don’t want to do that. :V

One other area that has those confusion tiles is the home improvement megastore, in the seeds section.

As I’ve seen. owo