What is the most complete graphic/tileset so far?

That’s some real subjective reality when someone can demand to be banned and somehow that’s our fault.

As Kevin said, at that time nobody in cleverraven had any idea of sdg’s belief structure, all we knew is that he didn’t want to remove copyrighted stuff from his tileset and that he couldn’t use a discord with strict spam rules. We’ve not shed any tears over the loss over the years, but you’re completely rewriting history to claim there was any “cancelling” on our part.

That said, I would say that the people who are attempting to demand we remove something they find distasteful in the game, and who excommunicate cdda and/or spam us if we do not, fit your definition of “cancel culture” exactly.

7 Likes

But I did. And every single another tileset has placeholders

So what? That didn’t make the tileset worse

Like Americans, who had genocided Native Americans and now trying to make the whole world forget it?

Impressive, so you went through all the tilesets that are included in the game and through all public available tilsets, including the japanese and chinese ones, and they all have placeholders?
And you counted every tile and made sure there are no duplicates?
I ask because there seems to be a lot of duplicates in your “fact best” tileset. And also some “held” items are missing (so there are placeholders in the UDP tileset too, it just makes them invisible)…

1 Like

it is if they’re bullied out of an environment and feel unwelcome. that’s less of a “choice” and more coercion.
but can we please leave politics out of this and not bring up unnecessary things and just leave it at “its been discontinued”, instead of using it drag on people?
I think most of us here play games to escape from the growing dystopian nightmare that is western civilization, and would prefer if you didn’t drag it in here, regardless of which side you’re on. Heck if you ask me part of the reason why people are so angry about it is because they feel threatened.

3 Likes

The “bullying” in question was adding an option to the game to change your preferred pronouns and appearance by pushing a button.

You are defending the person who made it political by responding to that unforgivable provocation by posting a bigoted tirade and deleting their project.

Yes they have since been mocked by quite a few people for this utterly absurd and childish action but you have your cause and effect backwards.

17 Likes

I’d be interested in seeing the tlesets that are not shipped with the game and not udp. Because as far as I know those are eithter abandonned tileset from 2014 ( like coleen tileset) or abandonned tileset from more recently like chesthole. But if there are others that are still mantained I’d really like to go have a look at them.

1 Like

Okay so which tileset is the most complete in terms of the vanilla game at this point in time? I’m on an experimental build from a little while back with no content adding mods active and I’m still seeing ASCII art for a bunch of new content that was added since the last stable release.

There is a command you can bind to show list of missing tiles for a tileset.

1 Like

That doesn’t really answer the question lol.

1 Like

Yeah, that only tells you how to find an answer.

If that’s the case, what is that command?

i love trying to find which tileset looks the best only for people to argue about sandwhich textures and politcal arguments which have nothing to do with the tiletset itself

1 Like

All tilesets but 2 are included with the game by default, if you want to know what looks best just open the game and look at them. Pretty easy and doesn’t require to ask other people to tell you what you should like.