Whats Your Favorite Tileset, Or Tilesets?

Hey guys recently been playing with different tiles and I must say it almost adds a new perspective to the game, so I wanted to know what you guys use for your own experience in the cataclysm.

My 2 Favorite its very hard to choose between them is

1. Coleens tileset 32x32
  2. Retrodays tileset 20x20

HRose’s 10x10 and Retrodays 20x20
I like to keep it simple :), and to be fair, the only reason why I use these is because the original ASCII graphics aren’t square and make it weird to look at vehicles.

i like retrodays and coleen because i do not see missing textures everywhere alslo i like tsu because its interesing and nice but i see so many missing textures

Haha that there is indeed, enough to indulge yourself I guess :slight_smile:

ASCII or terminal :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still waiting for Rose’s tileset, which is the best of both worlds. Honestly, that’s my most sought after feature at the moment.

You Terrible Monster :slight_smile:

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:3, topic:6256”]i like retrodays and coleen because i do not see missing textures everywhere alslo i like tsu because its interesing and nice but i see so many missing textures[/quote]Yeah Tsu’s is my favorite, and I’ve been asking around if there’s a more complete and up to date version than what’s in the experimentals but no luck so far :frowning:

But where are you guys getting all these tilesets? Is there a list compiled somewhere?

Hrose, Boardgame, and Retro.

You Terrible Monster :)[/quote]

Since I have a colour distinguishment issue and bad eye site in general I prefer ASCII for readability.

Coleen’s.

thutzor@? I think thats how its spelled. smallish tiles, plus its the most “complete” tileset I can find. a friend of mine sent me her own modified tileset for the stable build, but the tiles were too big.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:6256”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:3, topic:6256”]i like retrodays and coleen because i do not see missing textures everywhere alslo i like tsu because its interesing and nice but i see so many missing textures[/quote]Yeah Tsu’s is my favorite, and I’ve been asking around if there’s a more complete and up to date version than what’s in the experimentals but no luck so far :frowning:

But where are you guys getting all these tilesets? Is there a list compiled somewhere?[/quote]

boardgame for me though aint been updated in ages :frowning:

TILESET? WHAT IS THAT UNMANLY (WEAK) TILESET YOU SPEAK OF?

Default/vanila/ASCII, whatever you wish to name it.

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:13, topic:6256”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:6256”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:3, topic:6256”]i like retrodays and coleen because i do not see missing textures everywhere alslo i like tsu because its interesing and nice but i see so many missing textures[/quote]Yeah Tsu’s is my favorite, and I’ve been asking around if there’s a more complete and up to date version than what’s in the experimentals but no luck so far :frowning:

But where are you guys getting all these tilesets? Is there a list compiled somewhere?[/quote][/quote]

Well, it was just looking for the tilesets when the Tileset Golden Age came. Remember, when they added the tilesetsa and everyone was making them?

good idea to make a list of mods and titles i was thinking about it but i am too lazy for this :slight_smile:

good idea to make a list of mods and titles i was thinking about it but i am too lazy for this :)[/quote]

I like the idea of putting together a tileset list. im having trouble finding certain tilesets people on here are using like HRose

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:6256”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:3, topic:6256”]i like retrodays and coleen because i do not see missing textures everywhere alslo i like tsu because its interesing and nice but i see so many missing textures[/quote]Yeah Tsu’s is my favorite, and I’ve been asking around if there’s a more complete and up to date version than what’s in the experimentals but no luck so far :frowning:

But where are you guys getting all these tilesets? Is there a list compiled somewhere?[/quote]

I might come back and update the tileset if the development of tilesets is ever supported properly or has some level of organization. And I don’t say this to be mean, but when I was working on it I felt like it was… a mess, frankly.

The list files for all the items that needed to be tiled were approximately 12-thousand lines in a Notepad++ document format. My legacy of developing tilesets for CDDA was mostly in figuring out how to mildly organize the bloody .json file and work with the developer in charge of tilesets to fix how cars and a few other odds and ends worked aesthetically.

In the end though, I just had to give it up - Because for every thing you fix someone adds in fifty new books all with their own ID declarations, and without some way to resolve all the constant additions to tiles it’s just so much admin work.

[quote=“Tsu, post:19, topic:6256”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:8, topic:6256”][quote=“Arek_PL, post:3, topic:6256”]i like retrodays and coleen because i do not see missing textures everywhere alslo i like tsu because its interesing and nice but i see so many missing textures[/quote]Yeah Tsu’s is my favorite, and I’ve been asking around if there’s a more complete and up to date version than what’s in the experimentals but no luck so far :frowning:

I might come back and update the tileset if the development of tilesets is ever supported properly or has some level of organization. And I don’t say this to be mean, but when I was working on it I felt like it was… a mess, frankly.

The list files for all the items that needed to be tiled were approximately 12-thousand lines in a Notepad++ document format. My legacy of developing tilesets for CDDA was mostly in figuring out how to mildly organize the bloody .json file and work with the developer in charge of tilesets to fix how cars and a few other odds and ends worked aesthetically.

In the end though, I just had to give it up - Because for every thing you fix someone adds in fifty new books all with their own ID declarations, and without some way to resolve all the constant additions to tiles it’s just so much admin work.[/quote]Maybe someone should develop some sort of tileset manager which automatically places all of the untiled objects and items at the top of the list so you don’t have to go digging.